Invade Redsk*ns Training Camp!

pez

Reaction score
playit12 said:
Sad that this thread was totally hijacked. Perhaps you should start up another Danny?

However since I actually did waste some of my life reading through this, the main issue (according to what I heard last year) that Bill liked about the Cali training camp was the ability to work the guys outside for longer without them becoming too fatigued and thus less focused. The idea was that they were more attentive for longer periods and they could learn the plays and listen better when they weren't dealing with 100 degree heat.

You certainly sacrifice something in the getting in shape catagory, but unlike HS or College players, these guys workout every day, even in the off season. What's more important to the coaches is the mental and repetition training.
Interesting, although... you have to wonder if conditioning under duress can also help your team. As stated in a previous post, most of your bowls came from when they were training in the heat of the texas sun.

Danny, if you are interested in meeting a few of us from ES, just give me a pm, and I will keep you updated on whats going on with us. We may have to have a drinking contest afterwards! :D

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
that's not fair, you guys are expert drinkers, as evidenced by the Hogettes

...and their posts on this board!

:star:

pez

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
that's not fair, you guys are expert drinkers, as evidenced by the Hogettes

Hey if you lived in a town crammed full of politicians, you would drink too!!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
pez said:
Hey if you lived in a town crammed full of politicians, you would drink too!!

:laugh1: but it's not drinking that's the problem, just too much *says the confirmed alki*

leotisbrown

Half Fast Analysis
Reaction score
pez said:
LOL - Actually I have a dog named gibbs. He is in my wife's sig on ES pictured below....

http://Commander-roadtrips.com/phpBB2/files/huly_547.gif

What a cosidense. I gots me a dog two. I calls him up Snyder. Here he at below...

0_21_070505_ugly_dog.jpg
My dog Snyder scraches at hisselfs.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
pez said:
As stated in a previous post, most of your bowls came from when they were training in the heat of the texas sun.

Well... three were after TC in the heat...

Two were TC's in Thousand Oaks... a stone's throw away from our present camp in Oxnard...

I think, in fairness to California, we should even it up at three and three this year... :D

kmd24

Reaction score
pez said:
LOL - Actually I have a dog named gibbs. He is in my wife's sig on ES pictured below....

http://Commander-roadtrips.com/phpBB2/files/huly_547.gif

That's a really nice dog. I had a dog like that when I was a child. And Gibbs is a great name for the dog of a couple of Commanders fans.

But you know, something's not quite right. The dog has the jersey with the name on the back, the Commanders cap, but something is missing...

hmm....

Wait, I've got it!

http://i29.***BLOCKED***/albums/c269/coolmoe/huly_547.gif

There, that's better.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
kmd24 said:
That's a really nice dog. I had a dog like that when I was a child. And Gibbs is a great name for the dog of a couple of Commanders fans.

But you know, something's not quite right. The dog has the jersey with the name on the back, the Commanders cap, but something is missing...

hmm....

Wait, I've got it!

There, that's better.

Excellent! It fits Gibbs to the bone!

Another video whining about those big, mean, nasty refs!!

Yup...that's their St. Gibbs!

:dissskin:

pez

Reaction score
kmd24 said:

hmm....

Wait, I've got it!

There, that's better.

Ha Ha Ha.... ok... I can take a joke. But you have to admit, Gibbs has turned our organization around..

kmd24

Reaction score
pez said:
Ha Ha Ha.... ok... I can take a joke. But you have to admit, Gibbs has turned our organization around..

Well, like the Cowboys, the Skins aren't a laughingstock anymore. Washington's personnel moves are once again more befitting of the NFL than Div I-A. I'll give you that much.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kmd24 said:

hmm....

Wait, I've got it!

There, that's better.
I love it.

pez

Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
I'd definitely take him over Spurrier.

******!!! Do you know how long it took me to forget his name!!! Now I have to go slam my head against a brick wall again to erase it from memory!!

superpunk

Reaction score
pez said:
******!!! Do you know how long it took me to forget his name!!! Now I have to go slam my head against a brick wall again to erase it from memory!!

Make sure you do it hard enough. :)

Only then, can the brainwashing commence.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
dreamshatterer said:
My god Spurrier sucked. Those 2 seasons were just horrible.

Was he worse than Campo? Those were my dark days lol, I didn't really follow football until the 2002 season, and I didn't follow them seriously until 2003. I've always been a fan, but just too young to really care enough.