Invade Redsk*ns Training Camp!

xsamhainx_999

Reaction score
Hostile said:
The whole world has to think exactly as you do?

Seeing the evidence here, I think I'll pass on that.

I never said that at all. If I had meant that, I wouldn't have said the phrase "to me"....which obviously states it's a matter of my own opinion. I even said "to each his own" in the same paragraph.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
w/ the heat-related deaths the NFL has seen, I doubt Dallas wants to risk it

As I said College and High School kids have to deal with it and having attended many Cowboy training camps when they were in Austin it is not as physical as what you see on the College and High School level in large part because they don't want to risk injury to high priced players. Dallas managed very well in the 7 or 8 years they held camp in Austin and left camp it great shape.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
As I said College and High School kids have to deal with it and having attended many Cowboy training camps when they were in Austin it is not as physical as what you see on the College and High School level in large part because they don't want to risk injury to high priced players. Dallas managed very well in the 7 or 8 years they held camp in Austin and left camp it great shape.

true, but like I said, now that Dallas knows that heat can play a part in the untimely death of a player, as they have been given a couple examples of that, that they'd be less inclined to risk it

Doomsday101

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
true, but like I said, now that Dallas knows that heat can play a part in the untimely death of a player, as they have been given a couple examples of that, that they'd be less inclined to risk it

Not if your training staff is keeping these guys hydrated. 1st few games of the season at Texas Stadium are hot as heck but they don’t stop the game because of the heat you combate the heat by keeping player hydrated. Next year from my understanding the Cowboys will return to Texas for training camp.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Not if your training staff is keeping these guys hydrated. 1st few games of the season at Texas Stadium are hot as heck but they don’t stop the game because of the heat you combate the heat by keeping player hydrated. Next year from my understanding the Cowboys will return to Texas for training camp.

that's if they can't stay in Oxnard

Doomsday101

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
that's if they can't stay in Oxnard

Deal is done they will be back in Texas next year:

The Dallas Cowboys Training Camp will be returning to Texas in 2007 as the team will once again call the City of San Antonio its summer home. Cowboys Owner and General Manager Jerry Jones and San Antonio Mayor Phil Hardberger made the joint announcement today at San Antonio ’s City Hall. The Alamodome, which played host to Cowboys training camps in 2002 and 2003 will again be the site for the team’s summer practice sessions beginning in 2007. The agreement reached between the City and the team is for five years.

“There is no better place for the Dallas Cowboys to be able to reach out and touch our fans than the City of San Antonio ,” said Jones. “This is a vacation destination for fans all over this region, and we are pleased to be returning as one of the many reasons to visit San Antonio . We also enjoy a loyal and faithful fan following in this community that is as strong as any NFL team enjoys in its home market. The facilities and accommodations are the best in the NFL, and the reception that we receive from the city leaders and the fans is outstanding.”

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:

The Dallas Cowboys Training Camp will be returning to Texas in 2007 as the team will once again call the City of San Antonio its summer home. Cowboys Owner and General Manager Jerry Jones and San Antonio Mayor Phil Hardberger made the joint announcement today at San Antonio ’s City Hall. The Alamodome, which played host to Cowboys training camps in 2002 and 2003 will again be the site for the team’s summer practice sessions beginning in 2007. The agreement reached between the City and the team is for five years.

“There is no better place for the Dallas Cowboys to be able to reach out and touch our fans than the City of San Antonio ,” said Jones. “This is a vacation destination for fans all over this region, and we are pleased to be returning as one of the many reasons to visit San Antonio . We also enjoy a loyal and faithful fan following in this community that is as strong as any NFL team enjoys in its home market. The facilities and accommodations are the best in the NFL, and the reception that we receive from the city leaders and the fans is outstanding.”

nice, I was proven wrong, enjoy it, it doesn't come around very often :p:

pez

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:

I guess by putting them in a dome they can attempt to control the climate and reduce the chances of any heat related illness...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
pez said:
I guess by putting them in a dome they can attempt to control the climate and reduce the chances of any heat related illness...

They will also do some work outside, last time they were in SA they held scrimmage games with the Texans at Robertson stadium here in Houston and would expect that will once again take place.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Sooo....by your logic, scouts and spies from other teams won't go to free minicamps?? Makes a lot of sense.

PS -- I don't know how serious you guys are about "scouting the Commanders," but if you think the Skins are going to reveal the meat of the offense and defense in a training camp session that's open to the public, you don't know much about Joe Gibbs and co. Very secretive.

No, brainiac! If a scout or spy goes to a "free" training camp and is recognized by Security, the team can have that person removed...

If he "pays" to get in, and they recognize him, they cannot do a thing about it!

Understand? You guys don't even know about that? It was all over ESPN when the Midget started charging for training camp!

You RedStinks look more foolish with every post you make...!
:lmao: RedStink logic.....

:dissskin: Good dog, Gibbs!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
pez said:
Really don't have an issue with cowboy fans attending training camp, as long as they are respectful of the environment (many families come to these events) and don't act like Philthy fans. I understand the need to see any football at this point, as I am currently going out of my mind (luckily we have a scrimmage against b'more next week). As for scouting, I am sure you can scout the players no problem, but it will be difficult to scout the actual teams. Gibbs is known for not revealing much in the public training camp, and it is more drills than anything. I have been going to training camp for years (mile from my house) and I have never seen them running anything from their playbook. Again, all I ask is that you are respectful of the people that are there. There is plenty of time for "talk" during the regular season.

HTTR
logo.gif

Can I take my dog, Gibbs, to your training camp?

:dissskin: Good dog, Gibbs....good dog!

pez

Reaction score
5Stars said:
Can I take my dog, Gibbs, to your training camp?

:dissskin: Good dog, Gibbs....good dog!

LOL - Actually I have a dog named gibbs. He is in my wife's sig on ES pictured below....

http://Commander-roadtrips.com/phpBB2/files/huly_547.gif

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
pez said:
LOL - Actually I have a dog named gibbs. He is in my wife's sig on ES pictured below....

:laugh1: that's cool, for being a Redstink dog and all

Doomsday101

Reaction score
pez said:

I'm going to have to contact PETA, that is just crule. :laugh1:

pez

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
:laugh1: that's cool, for being a Redstink dog and all

Yeah he is a handfull! He has actually been to quite a few sendoffs/welcome homes, and Coach Gibbs has made sure to come over and pet him whenever he sees him. After one of Gibbs' press conference in which he referenced our dog, the media swarms around him everytime my wife brings him to Commanders park.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I'm going to have to contact PETA, that is just crule. :laugh1:

Look at that poor dog! He looks embarrassed as hell! :lmao:

I wonder if that dog complains as much as the real Gibbs?

:lmao2:

playit12

Reaction score
Sad that this thread was totally hijacked. Perhaps you should start up another Danny?

However since I actually did waste some of my life reading through this, the main issue (according to what I heard last year) that Bill liked about the Cali training camp was the ability to work the guys outside for longer without them becoming too fatigued and thus less focused. The idea was that they were more attentive for longer periods and they could learn the plays and listen better when they weren't dealing with 100 degree heat.

You certainly sacrifice something in the getting in shape catagory, but unlike HS or College players, these guys workout every day, even in the off season. What's more important to the coaches is the mental and repetition training.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
5Stars said:
Look at that poor dog! He looks embarrassed as hell! :lmao:

I wonder if that dog complains as much as the real Gibbs?

:lmao2:

The poor dog is just begging for them to change the channel so he can watch the Cowboys play. :laugh1:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
pez said:
Yeah he is a handfull! He has actually been to quite a few sendoffs/welcome homes, and Coach Gibbs has made sure to come over and pet him whenever he sees him. After one of Gibbs' press conference in which he referenced our dog, the media swarms around him everytime my wife brings him to Commanders park.

wow, I don't care who you are, that's pretty cool