Ireland to Interview with Parcells

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Per Jay Glazor

Bill Parcells is wasting no time in reworking the Dolphins front office. Shortly after firing GM Randy Mueller and a pair of his assistants, Parcells received permission from the Cowboys to interview Jeff Ireland to be the team's new GM, FOXSports.com has learned.

Dolphins sources say that Ireland, the Cowboys VP of College and Pro Scouting, is expected to interview for the job tomorrow.
FOX Sports first reported the week of Parcells' hiring that Ireland would be his primary target, but there was a question about whether he could get him out before the draft. However, to Cowboys owner Jerry Jones' credit, he granted permission for the interview despite having Ireland locked up contractually through the draft.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Its our bye week, so everybody brace for our assitants and ireland to get interviews. This is the week the league designates assitants on playoff teams can interview.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Wow, the Cowboys are losing all the real talent evaluators and are going to be left with only Jerry and noone to show him the light again like before Parcells and after Jimmy and his team left.

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Its too bad for us that we will lose Ireland. Ireland deserves a chance to advance his career though. (I still hope we get compensation, although that seems unlikely now)I can only hope Jerry has learned his lesson and gets a top guy to handle the draft. JJ handles free agency pretty well on his own but we all can remember the dark, abysmal draft days we had prior to BP and Ireland.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
theebs;1869898 said:
Its our bye week, so everybody brace for our assitants and ireland to get interviews. This is the week the league designates assitants on playoff teams can interview.

Exactly. Garrett is supposed to be out in SF this week for interviews, I heard Glazer say yesterday.

dannyboy

Reaction score
DCBoysfan;1869896 said:
Per Jay Glazor

Bill Parcells is wasting no time in reworking the Dolphins front office. Shortly after firing GM Randy Mueller and a pair of his assistants, Parcells received permission from the Cowboys to interview Jeff Ireland to be the team's new GM, FOXSports.com has learned.

Dolphins sources say that Ireland, the Cowboys VP of College and Pro Scouting, is expected to interview for the job tomorrow.
FOX Sports first reported the week of Parcells' hiring that Ireland would be his primary target, but there was a question about whether he could get him out before the draft. However, to Cowboys owner Jerry Jones' credit, he granted permission for the interview despite having Ireland locked up contractually through the draft.

Can we request draft picks to allow him out of his contract so the Fins can have him for the draft?

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Jerry is probably playing nice with the Dolphins because Huzienga gave Jerry some leeway in hiring Garrett last winter.

OK, on the count of three ....

LACEWELL!

:clap2:

LACEWELL!

LACEWELL!

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
God I hate the dolphins. They freakin love to raid Dallas. I hope jerry gets a strong football man in here. Drafting is the key to the long term success of the franchise.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Gangsta Spanksta;1869905 said:
;) Tuna better give us his #1 in a trade if he takes Ireland.

I see fantasy land follows you from thread to thread.

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
abersonc;1869949 said:
I see fantasy land follows you from thread to thread.
hehehe. I suppose Jerry could allow Parcells to interview Ireland, then when Parcells really wants him, Jerry backs out and says that for the Phins to get Ireland before the draft they will have to give up a pick. It won't be a #1 though.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Jerry clearly thinks he's the brains of the personnel department. Who needs Ireland?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Guy writing the story doesn't even understand Dallas only had Ireland contractually on a lateral move.

GM is a promotion and can't be blocked.

1fisher

Reaction score
I hope Ireland realizes Parcells will threaten to quit after a couple of seasons and snub him!!

:laugh2:

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
Nors;1869973 said:
Guy writing the story doesn't even understand Dallas only had Ireland contractually on a lateral move.

GM is a promotion and can't be blocked.
That's what I heard, but can it be delayed?

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
If Parcells takes the staff I will consider his 4 years a complete waste.