Irvin Press Conference Live - 3/14/2023

blueblood70

Reaction score
Wow. Interesting. Again, this tape doesn't show what was said of course but it's more towards Marriott's account. Mike did slap himself on the tape like Marriott said he did and the second employee did take a pic with Mike and then show Mike where the elevator was. Mike's witnesses were nowhere near to hear what was being said and weren't even looking at them most of the time. The woman did back up a few times and did a "no-like" motion with both hands twice. It looked defensive from her end. Sorry, debate the result of the disputed missing audio but this lawsuit is not going to result in anything.
NO but her mannerisms say NOTHING happened. If you can read body language and the way MI and this woman exchanged and left amicably, THEN the male manger started this entire thing PERIOD i see a manager was involved with waitress IMO jealousy I see that manger leering the entire time, like stalker, then engage and make this woman leave they had a talk.. MI and his lawyers are correct this is made up deal and ridiculous we are 5 threads and 70 pages talking about that exchange??

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So we're going to court over words now. My goodness if everything that was said to people ended up having an action taken to court we'd all be in trouble. Even if he said this it's not enough to go to court.
That’s life in the public eye when you are a celebrity.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think its pretty clear there is no evidence to support taking the action the NFL did. Frankly its questionable that it supports Marriot doing anything at all.
I think it was over for the hotel but not the NFL. We do not know the background with Irvin and the NFLN and what might have transpired close to this event.

The NFL will be supported by that call in Irvin made outing himself. That, was more than enough to get him off the air. They can say they didn't know which party to believe but once Irvin made it public, their choices were few. Think they're putting him back on the air with all of the owners in town? NFLN execs would have been out of a job and deservedly so.

And since no claim has been made of lost money from the NFLN by Irvin, what was his punishment? Being sent home but he outed himself and broke his own story, the dumbest move in all of this.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sounds like NFLN was doing damage control based off of what has happened in the past with Faulk, Heath Evans, even Darren Sharper worked at NFLN. They reacted to what they heard and unfortunately for them it looks like they jumped the gun.
theres nothing there.. it looked amicable to me body language say it was that manager was acting like a jealous ex ..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How dumb are you dude?

Seriously?

The claim being made was that Irvin asked her “if she’s ever had a black man inside her?”

That’s not asking her out on a date.
It might be Irvin’s pick up line .

I don’t care if she did initiate the contact, Doesn’t deserve that comment.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like NFLN was doing damage control based off of what has happened in the past with Faulk, Heath Evans, even Darren Sharper worked at NFLN. They reacted to what they heard and unfortunately for them it looks like they jumped the gun.
But what if their position is Irvin breaking his own story gave them no choice? They can use that as a reason for any of their actions.

And if he defied their recommendation to lay low, "hideout", they could have suspended him but we know nothing of the interactions between Irvin and the NFL.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think it was over for the hotel but not the NFL. We do not know the background with Irvin and the NFLN and what might have transpired close to this event.

The NFL will be supported by that call in Irvin made outing himself. That, was more than enough to get him off the air. They can say they didn't know which party to believe but once Irvin made it public, their chosices were few. Think they're putting him back on the air with all of the owners in town? NFLN execs would have been out of a job and deservedly so.

And since no claim has been made of lost money from the NFLN by Irvin, what was his punishment? Being sent home but he outed himself and broke his own story, the dumbest move in all of this.
Cause he was trying to get out in front of it .. why?? Probably cause he knew what was said could be considered inappropriate.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NO but her mannerisms say NOTHING happened. If you can read body language and the way MI and this woman exchanged and left amicably, THEN the male manger started this entire thing PERIOD i see a manager was involved with waitress IMO jealousy I see that manger leering the entire time, like stalker, then engage and make this woman leave they had a talk.. MI and his lawyers are correct this is made up deal and ridiculous we are 5 threads and 70 pages talking about that exchange??
And just getting started and we'd be doing better if these Irvin threads were pinned.

phildadon86

Reaction score
How dumb are you dude?

Seriously?

The claim being made was that Irvin asked her “if she’s ever had a black man inside her?”

That’s not asking her out on a date.
Who cares?

I have heard much worse things said at bars in my day. Didnt cost anyone their job. The world is a little bit to quick on the trigger to cancel people nowadays.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But what if their position is Irvin breaking his own story gave them no choice? They can use that as a reason for any of their actions.

And if he defied their recommendation to lay low, "hideout", they could have suspended him but we know nothing of the interactions between Irvin and the NFL.
What we don’t know is how thin of rope Irvin could have already been on with the networks since ESPN had released him for another sexual misconduct issue.

Any accusation could have meant the end for him. So , his plan was to get out in front to dispel any possibility this could have been a valid complaint.

Haimerej

Reaction score
As he should. He shouldn't be going to court over what he allegedly said.
I agree he shouldn't... especially after he lied about not talking to anyone and then not remembering what was said but now claiming to know what was said.

pansophy

Reaction score
theres nothing there.. it looked amicable to me body language say it was that manager was acting like a jealous ex ..
I would look into whether there is a policy about staff talking to celebrities. He clapped immediately -- to me that's a rule being broken rather than being jealous. Plus there was zero familiarity between the manager and her when they walked off -- that wasn't to go off to have a "why are you talking to guys convo" but a "why did you break the rules convo".

mldardy

Reaction score

Yeah that's part of it. That's why I said they reacted to what's happened to people that have worked for them in the past. I get it they have to protect themselves but it looks like they jumped the gun on this one.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Who cares?

I have heard much worse things said at bars in my day. Didnt cost anyone their job. The world is a little bit to quick on the trigger to cancel people nowadays.
Yes but this was a celebrity who had already been fired once before by ESPN for sexual misconduct he had to settle out of court and a lengthy rap sheet .

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mike's body language. Dude is literally leaning back and thrusting his "pelvis" toward her near the end of the conversation. I think around 3:52 you could run a string from his head to his feet and have a makeshift longbow.
I could be totally wrong but I debated whether any alcohol Irvin had, before they met in the lobby, was responsible for his body posture. I have seen people, including myself, ever so slightly leaning back when standing relaxed in one spot for a period of time after having a few drinks. Perhaps it was less pelvis pointing and more simple swaying.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cause he was trying to get out in front of it .. why?? Probably cause he knew what was said could be considered inappropriate.
Let's be candid here, no one is asking Irvin any difficult rithmetic questions.

I think he panicked because he didn't know what the NFLN was going to do. If he was by himself and trying to work all of this out, I could easily see him panicking.

Again, I hear fear and intrepidation in his voice on that call in. Almost as if he's trying for someone in the next room not to hear him.

Haimerej

Reaction score
and so she shakes his hand and laughs and gives a kick move. lol
De-escalation.

She also retreated from him multiple times, pulled away from him touching her, and waved her arms in a "no" gesture. This assumption about how a woman is supposed to react when dealing with a 6'2" 220 lb former athlete who may be intoxicated is ridiculous.

It could be argued her using her leg to gesture at him speaks to her being uncomfortable. She wasn't about to motion with a limb he could grab again. This idea that her using a leg to point in his direction is normal or a sign of being comfortable is absurd.

khiladi

Reaction score