Audio: Irvin Sounds Off

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Mike Irvin was one of my favorite Cowboys players (Probably #2 behind Erik Williams), however, Romo has already made more money as a media guy than Irvin has and it's been almost 20 years since Irvin retired.

Irvin was great because of athletic abilit, work ethic and positive emotion which made him the unquestioned emotional leader of 3 Super Bowl teams.

He didn't become famous for his ability to analyze complicated issues or for being a coach or GM.
If he said Dez should be cut, you wouldnt be saying all of this.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he said Dez should be cut, you wouldnt be saying all of this.
My opinion would be the same but I would not spend time posting it.

If someone says the sky is blue, I'm won't post a response.

If someone posts that the earth is flat, then I might post a response about how that person is unqualified to make that statement.

Gameover

Reaction score
Shut up, crackhead.
I thought you were still looking for a dumpster to throw that crack pipe away.
Also, the Royal Lounge motel called to complain your girls would not move out....

Choke on a bone!!

Painfully

Gameover

Reaction score
Irvin is loyal as they come

Irvin is wrong here

Dez or Dak need to go. They don’t mix

Gameover

Reaction score

Irvin has been on TV and Radio since 2002. I don’t think Romo surpassed what Irvin has earned during that time his first year in the booth. He might by the end of next season but I doubt if he already has.

kumizi

Reaction score
I couldn’t care less what Michael Irvin has to say. Someone remind me how long he has worked in NFL front offices. Plus it’s not like he’ll be impartial when it comes to his boy Dez.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Irvin is wrong.

He thinks we just needed one game to "make a run" in the playoffs. No. We just weren't that good a team. The offense had big issues, starting with Dez and Williams.

Michael talks about Dez taking double teams. I don't think so. Teams were mostly playing Dez man up, and those were his numbers. If anything, Beasley took more double teams than Dez.

We went 9-7 on the strength of beating the Eagles' cheerleaders. We couldn't beat the Seahawks while the season was still up for grabs, and they weren't a playoff team either.

Michael doesn't want to blow up the band, when in fact the band just wasn't that good, Dez has been a declining part of that band, and you'd *expect* that decline to continue given his injury history and age.

Are you trying to convince me that you understand football better than Mike frikkin Irvin????

Wood

Reaction score
tough situation because on NE - Dez is probably 1,200 yd 12 td guy and nobody brings up his salary. But on Dallas, the chemistry between Dak & Dez is horrible and brings all eyes to Dez contract.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I couldn’t care less what Michael Irvin has to say. Someone remind me how long he has worked in NFL front offices. Plus it’s not like he’ll be impartial when it comes to his boy Dez.
Irvin would do a better job with player acquisition than the two clowns we have doing it now...

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Are you trying to convince me that you understand football better than Mike frikkin Irvin????

If we all acquiesced to argument from authority, we could all just clap along with the Clapper.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Irvin would do a better job with player acquisition than the two clowns we have doing it now...

:facepalm:
Steady now, oceanic lad. Reel her in agin'a tha wind. Mind your anchor, do not drag it coming uhhp. Take her to port, now, laddie, you're done!