Irving: Call me when NFL changes weed policy

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yo don't think someone in the front office hasn't done coke?
Does it matter if they have? We all have to live by the rules of our employers whether we ageee with them or not. If he prefers pot over the NFL I have no problem with that - it’s a stupid choice, but it’s his choice to make. But he needs to quit blaming others for his choice.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
He's an idiot. I get it, I really do. But really, he's choosing weed over playing in the NFL? Whatever.

rags747

Reaction score
Dude, you're an Alabama-level player who had to settle for Iowa State, went undrafted, got picked up for the Kansas City practice squad, got claimed by Dallas for a bag of Funyuns, played 10% of the time when you were here, and are now out on your talented bum....

It's you.
Funyuns, love that! Yeah you kind of hit the nail on the head here. All along the way he has been impacted by his decisions and yet he fails to realize what the real problem is. I sympathize when he says Xanax bars given out like candy so why is pot bad, but he’s really going to be one poor sorry dude and that is unfortunate.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's an idiot. I get it, I really do. But really, he's choosing weed over playing in the NFL? Whatever.
Some people aren’t cut for the NFL. The older I get the more I don’t understand why these guys play this sport that doesn’t appreciate them.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Get ready to move out of that house. The 2.2 million dollars that The Cowboys paid you last year for doing basically nothing days are over.

Take your suspension like a man and quit smoking weed for a while. Get reinstated. Come into the NFL and beast out for 3 years and if the weed policy don’t change then you will have enough money to support your child and yourself for life and smoke weed.

I hope you got a college education and degree. My guess is that there is something we are missing. This guy has to have a job doing something else that’s not football that still pays descent and allows him to smoke. No one is this unsmart.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Irving made his choice, a self-made victim of non-compliance. Now the only relevant question is what is the front office plan for acquiring someone of equal or better talent? Does the front office even have a plan? Are they high?

Wait. That is three questions. I must be high.

kento40

Reaction score
I don't think he understand the difference employee and employer. As an employee, you abide by the rules and regulations of the employer. You need the NFL way more than they need you and once that money runs out because of your habit and baby mama drama, there may not be a place waiting for you where you can make millions based off of your genetic prowess.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think he understand the difference employee and employer. As an employee, you abide by the rules and regulations of the employer. You need the NFL way more than they need you and once that money runs out because of your habit and baby mama drama, there may not be a place waiting for you where you can make millions based off of your genetic prowess.
Irvin is a 25 year old man from Compton. Compton. Does not get much more real and down to earth than that.

People from Compton (and practically any other part of the world for that matter) understand the employer/employee dynamic. Dissociative Identity Disorder may be Irving's problem and he has Richie Rich bouncing around inside his skull. That child did have Bank of America hiding inside his vault every time he opened it.

Based on his quoted and verbal comments, the most obvious conclusion is Irving does not give a you know what about employer/employee obligations. Simply put, Irving wants to be high and get paid. And in that order.

BillyBates

Reaction score
What a complete and utter moron.
for the life of me I just dont get it. how can anyone pro player have the god given or genetic ability to play at this level be so stupid.
somebodies pappy should have placed his boot in closer proximity of his keester...

Sydla

Reaction score
Again, he's "walking away" from something he doesn't really have. His future in the NFL was pretty much close to over at this point. So his "retiring" from the NFL is hilarious.

CapnB

Reaction score
You have heads that are cool but realize they have to work to pay for their high, but the quality of high, as well. Then you have heads like him who think they dont need work to keep their high. Those are the heads that bad things happen to before they realize they just screwed up big time.