Irving: Call me when NFL changes weed policy

Sydla

Reaction score
You say he's an idoit (judgement), you say he has little self control (judgement). I ask you, do you know this man? Have sat down and had a conversation with him? Do you know what's important to him?

Your basing your judgements off what you would do or what's important to you. Your not David Irving, so you don't know what he should be doing. He may not even like football.

You can see what kind of guy he is through his actions and the way he conducts himself.

He’s always had issues with self control, focus, etc.

But if you want to be naive about what this whole thing is about, have at it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...-off-on-NFL-weed-policy-suspension-129814277/

"Well once they do that, give me a call," he wrote. "[Because] it's bull**** how I have Xanax bars and hydros right next to me to take — given to me by the NFL, of course — however we can't smoke the same weed the staff itself smokes." ....

"I’m in the NFL because I’m great at what I do," he wrote in a recent IG post. "I’m not in the NFL because I’m an Eagle Scout, or the perfect model citizen. I didn’t put on a mask or kiss *** to be where I am. I'm here on natural ability.

"This is God’s plan. Not mine. Trust me, I’m adjusting to it as well. Once I step on the field and stop performing, then we have a problem.

"So does anyone have anything to say about my play?"

Lets be honest here. If it wasn't weed, it would be something else with this idiot. The guy is a just a bad apple. plain and simple. You don't win championships relying on these kinds of people.

Gregory seems a different kind of case. Nice kid, and good person, just has an anxiety disorder and weed makes him feel better.

blueblood70

Reaction score

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...-off-on-NFL-weed-policy-suspension-129814277/

"Well once they do that, give me a call," he wrote. "[Because] it's bull**** how I have Xanax bars and hydros right next to me to take — given to me by the NFL, of course — however we can't smoke the same weed the staff itself smokes." ....

"I’m in the NFL because I’m great at what I do," he wrote in a recent IG post. "I’m not in the NFL because I’m an Eagle Scout, or the perfect model citizen. I didn’t put on a mask or kiss *** to be where I am. I'm here on natural ability.

"This is God’s plan. Not mine. Trust me, I’m adjusting to it as well. Once I step on the field and stop performing, then we have a problem.

"So does anyone have anything to say about my play?"

call me when ANY NORMAL employee in the workforce is allowed to use illegal drugs..I realize its legal in few states but Federally it is not an federal law is what drives the workforce..If you cant put the blunt down to make millions you need to seek help..

its going to take few years to figure out how to test for and set allowable levels of THC in a persons blood. Alcohol is easy and leaves the blood stream within hours but THC can stay in the system for a month, so they have to set a level and say we will test only during the season randomly and if you are under the set level, fine, but if you smoke everyday or regularly through the work week, you wont be able to pass those tests either..Scripts are legal but not eating them in handfuls gameday see Bret Farve, if you have an issue you have an issue..
I get where DI is comeing from but again its the law, its the rules, and you have the opprtunity to play 16 games year and make millions but you wont because you cant get high..

just fall into place or be loser and cry and go make 15 an hour so you can smoke..smh

how is the NBA doing this? I know they still test for many things but how do they set the rules?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
call me when ANY NORMAL employee in the workforce is allowed to use illegal drugs..I realize its legal in few states but Federally it is not an federal law is what drives the workforce..If you cant put the blunt down to make millions you need to seek help..

its going to take few years to figure out how to test for and set allowable levels of THC in a persons blood. Alcohol is easy and leaves the blood stream within hours but THC can stay in the system for a month, so they have to set a level and say we will test only during the season randomly and if you are under the set level, fine, but if you smoke everyday or regularly through the work week, you wont be able to pass those tests either..Scripts are legal but not eating them in handfuls gameday see Bret Farve, if you have an issue you have an issue..
I get where DI is comeing from but again its the law, its the rules, and you have the opprtunity to play 16 games year and make millions but you wont because you cant get high..

just fall into place or be loser and cry and go make 15 an hour so you can smoke..smh

how is the NBA doing this? I know they still test for many things but how do they set the rules?

Even places where it is legal courts have said business in those states still hold the right to test their employees. That includes legal substance like Alcohol

Verdict

Reaction score
Dude, you're an Alabama-level player who had to settle for Iowa State, went undrafted, got picked up for the Kansas City practice squad, got claimed by Dallas for a bag of Funyuns, played 10% of the time when you were here, and are now out on your talented bum....

It's you.

S.O.S. With him. Blames everyone but himself.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Even places where it is legal courts have said business in those states still hold the right to test their employees. That includes legal substance like Alcohol
I know this but point is the NBA is allowing a certain tolerance and I believe the NFL ahs to fall into line soon and for sure should not be testing guys all off season..March-SB yes but give the dudes break..if they are doing it responsibly like drinkers try to do etc let them have some slack..

Verdict

Reaction score
Well ummmm some people kneeled and gave up some money and career to bring light to an issue in this county about injustice and deaths from bullets for selling cd's and loose cigarettes. Some people in our history sacrificed their heavyweight championship belts to take a stand...Get my point....naw u don't and probably never will....

He isn't making a stand. He's a pot head. And you are making excuses for him.

Verdict

Reaction score
I know this but point is the NBA is allowing a certain tolerance and I believe the NFL ahs to fall into line soon and for sure should not be testing guys all off season..March-SB yes but give the dudes break..if they are doing it responsibly like drinkers try to do etc let them have some slack..

They probably should. But he knows what the current rules are.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

and they may, if they do great but I would still say that choosing weed over the game and the money you can make or even choosing alcohol over the game has a serious problem. Funny if a guy gets stoned that is alright but there have been players suspended for drunkenness as well. Anytime a substance can control you then maybe you got bigger problems.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
My last response to you and this is a REAL AND RAW as I can keep. Marijuana is illegal because the white man was scared of it and made it A DRUG AND ILLEGAL, and the white man is the one that is going to capitalize off of it, while tons of minorities rot in jail. Tobacco is a drug also by the way. This is a fact also get it, got it ...ok we done.

No, marijuana is illegal because it impairs judgement and physical coordination in a way that is still not fully realized. I said tobacco is a drug, in my post you quoted. Tobacco does not do what Marijuana does to you, why it is illegal. Stop with the race baiting.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Well ummmm some people kneeled and gave up some money and career to bring light to an issue in this county about injustice and deaths from bullets for selling cd's and loose cigarettes. Some people in our history sacrificed their heavyweight championship belts to take a stand...Get my point....naw u don't and probably never will....
I agree.

Here in America I have always been told you are free to make your choices as long as it does adversely impact others rights.

I could care less if Irvin wants to do this to his life.

Of course..

3 years from now when he is completely broke and he gets busted for selling dope and serves 5-10..

it will be just another post here we will all pan.

It's a shame.

:huh:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
i was gonna sack the quarterback but then I got high

i was gonna make me millions of bucks but then i got high

no i got no NFL job and i know why

cause i got high, cause i got high, cause i got high
Your post sounds like a Bob Dylan song.

Music please..

Big_D

Reaction score
I personally think the weed rule is ridiculous and stupid. And CBD oil could certainly be helpful for players ailments etc.. the league is way behind in their antiquated philosophy. But with that being said, those are the rules until there's a change. I can't see why someone can't suck it up for a 10 year career (give or take) making top dollar. I like weed but I like money more.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I agree.

Here in America I have always been told you are free to make your choices as long as it does adversely impact others rights.

I could care less if Irvin wants to do this to his life.

Of course..

3 years from now when he is completely broke and he gets busted for selling dope and serves 5-10..

it will be just another post here we will all pan.

It's a shame.

:huh:
Sam Hurd. Joseph Randal..

Big_D

Reaction score

So he's fighting the good fight for the future pot smokers? Now not being able to smoke and play football is an injustice? lol

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
My last response to you and this is a REAL AND RAW as I can keep. Marijuana is illegal because the white man was scared of it and made it A DRUG AND ILLEGAL, and the white man is the one that is going to capitalize off of it, while tons of minorities rot in jail. Tobacco is a drug also by the way. This is a fact also get it, got it ...ok we done.

And there goes the thread.

Hardline

Reaction score
I would rather keep the weed law in effect and remember Irving as a distant memory

gambit187

Reaction score
So he's fighting the good fight for the future pot smokers? Now not being able to smoke and play football is an injustice? lol
If he wants to thats on him...when God tells me I can judge people than I will...lmao