Twitter: Irving didn't pay his rent

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Thousands a month and not building equity...smh.

But saving huge money in property taxes, maintenance, insurance, etc, as well as a hefty sales commission when he inevitably goes to another city to play.

Man I'm doing the same dumb junk. Just too lazy to actually buy a house and i kinda like all the action not living in the suburbs but I'm losing out on equity but winning on property taxes and utility bills plus routine maintenance.

So there's a little debate on which is better. Traditionally it would be prudent to buy but I think there's gonna be a housing bust soon in Dallas. A market correction.

There is nothing wrong with renting. I’ve done it my entire life. It’s one reason I was able to retire at 45.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
If he had problems paying his rent....Jerry would have

I know for a fact Jerry had paid rent, negotiated debts for players, ect.

:thumbup: Jerry has a big freaking heart. I know we get disgusted at GM moves, but as a man, he’s one of the best. He’s pretty much like a father to alot of these players.

glimmerman

Reaction score

:thumbup: Jerry has a big freaking heart. I know we get disgusted at GM moves, but as a man, he’s one of the best. He’s pretty much like a father to alot of these players.
He has kept him this long. And Gregory. Irving is nuts and probly declines the help.

ShortRound

Reaction score

Why doesn't he have a complex for new players to get adjusted. I'm sure this is all a big change for the younger players. Might be good to keep them in check.

Reaction score
FRISCO -- A devastating series of events was set into motion last week that delayed David Irving's return and complicates his ability to contribute to the Cowboys going forward.

The custody battle over Irving's daughter, Zoe, is at the center of the turmoil. The 5-year-old was removed from the player's care Friday during a confusing and contentious scene at the girl's kindergarten and placed with her mother, Angela Sanchez. A judge is scheduled to hear the custody case in a Collin County court at 9 a.m. Wednesday.

One hour later that same day, Irving faces another hearing in Collin County court regarding the recent eviction from his residence.

The dysfunctional road Irving and his former girlfriend find themselves traveling doesn't stop there. Sanchez had Irving served with a temporary restraining order to start the week on Oct. 1. His response to the female processor upon receiving the papers has led the Dallas Police Department to open an investigation into whether the 6-7, 290-pound defensive tackle should be charged with "offensive touching," a Class C misdemeanor.

Three days later, there was a dispute over the ownership of a Dodge Charger that Sanchez was driving. The episode at the Plano ISD kindergarten took place the next day.

All of this explains why Irving, after returning to practice last Wednesday for the first time in nearly 11 months, abruptly missed the next two days. It explains why he didn't make the trip to Houston on Saturday, even though owner Jerry Jones declared that Irving would play against the Texans, and why he wasn't at The Star this Tuesday or Wednesday to practice with his teammates.
I don't feel bad for Irving. And I don't feel bad for the mother.

But I am sickened at what this poor child is going through. She deserves better than this.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What the hell is "offensive touching" he is being investigated for?

Did he grope her?

This whole thing is such a fuster cluck right now.:facepalm:

cern

Reaction score
Put it on auto pay. Don't even have to write a check. Man needs to hire a personal assistant.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Always something going on with this guy. No wonder the Cowboys practically begged another team to sign him to an offer sheet before the draft and nobody bit.

So much talent, too. This is his last go-around in Dallas, I can almost guarantee it.

T-RO

Reaction score
This says more about the front office and coaches more than it does him...

How is that? What is the front office supposed to do?

If you want to say, “Cut him” I can respect that, though I might not agree.

There is no way to “discipline” him. Fine him? He is careless w/money and won’t care. Bench him? He doesn’t seem to care about playing.

You either walk away or you endure the nonsense and try to get six or eight good games out of him. Then say goodbye.

Last edited:

Aven8

Reaction score
Hiding money before it's too late. Run David......run.........

T-RO

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with renting. I’ve done it my entire life. It’s one reason I was able to retire at 45.

For the majority of people/situations...buying a home is way more sensible than renting.