Irving possibly injured at practice

Sydla

Reaction score
Don't care about now, when the 53 happens. Guess no one wants to answer this.

I answered it on the first page.

You pick the 4-5 best DEs at final cuts. If Freeney is one of them you keep him. If he isn't, you cut him.

And he's likely better than a JAG like Russell.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I answered it on the first page.

You pick the 4-5 best DEs at final cuts. If Freeney is one of them you keep him. If he isn't, you cut him.

And he's likely better than a JAG like Russell.

So we cut a guy like Russell. Basically what you're saying. So rookies taken 5th round and below have 1 year (rookie season), to prove they are legit or not. To stay on a roster? Great GM skills there.

Sydla

Reaction score
So we cut a guy like Russell. Basically what you're saying. So rookies taken 5th round and below have 1 year (rookie season), to prove they are legit or not. To stay on a roster? Great GM skills there.

No, the great GM picks the best DEs for the present team.

If Russell is one, great. If he isn't, that's life. The 53 man roster isn't a place to stash developmental guys.

Why are you opposed to having multiple options at DE and then picking the best 4-5 for the 53 man roster?

Reactions: BAT

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

If Russell is one, great. If he isn't, that's life. The 53 man roster isn't a place to stash developmental guys.

Why are you opposed to having multiple options at DE and then picking the best 4-5 for the 53 man roster?
Dak is a developmental guy guess we should cut him then

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Incredibly short sighted and no great gm would not think like that

Sydla

Reaction score
Incredibly short sighted and no great gm would not think like that

LOL.

So let me get this straight.

If the Cowboys brought in a veteran DE or two and they outplayed a guy like Russell, it would be bad GMing to pick one of them, despite being better, over Russell?

So essentially we shouldn't have looked to
improved the DE position because we need to protect and guarantee a roster spot on the 53 for Russell, who we aren't even sure is a good DE.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Only in Dallas does a minor hamstring injury keep you out for a long period of time

And groin injuries. Seems to me the entire training staff should be fired for not getting these guys stretched out properly.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL.

So let me get this straight.

If the Cowboys brought in a veteran DE or two and they outplayed a guy like Russell, it would be bad GMing to pick one of them, despite being better, over Russell?

So essentially we shouldn't have looked to
improved the DE position because we need to protect and guarantee a roster spot on the 53 for Russell, who we aren't even sure is a good DE.

I know. I can't believe that this team ever considered replacing JJ Wilcox with Eric Weddle!?!?! Can you imagine if they made the mistake of letting a young talent like Wilcox go for Weddle?

:omg:

Reactions: BAT

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

That's your life. Not the Joneses who run the team. Russell isn't getting cut.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Russell, McAdoo, Wilbur, someone/anyone who is clearly not better than Freeney.
Most likely, 9 DL make the 53 (not counting Lawrence or Gregory for now). McAdoo would have to show is better than Russell to make it. Wilbur is starting SLB until otherwise.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I said most likely, 9 DL make the 53. McAdoo would have to show is better than Russell to make it. Wilbur is starting SLB until otherwise.

You bring the best players available and iron sharpens iron. If Russell, Mayowa, Tapper, Collins, Jack outplay Freeney or another similar proven vet then they stay. If not, then try again next season. This is the Dallas Cowboys, once upon a time the only goal was to win SBs.

Wilbur is not a starter on a SB contender. Russell is not even a rotational player at this point.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
You bring the best players available and iron sharpens iron. If Russell, Mayowa, Tapper, Collins, Jack outplay Freeney or another similar proven vet then they stay. If not, then try again next season. This is the Dallas Cowboys, once upon a time the only goal was to win SBs.

Wilbur is not a starter on a SB contender. Russell is not even a rotational player at this point.

SB contender, us? You need serious help. Wow.