Is anyone still pleased with the 6-0 win against the Iggles?

cowboyec

Reaction score
Lets break that down, shall we.................

2 wins against the sorry arse Giants who fired their head coach and have the second pick in the draft.
2 wins against the sorry arse Skins who, like Dallas, is one of just three teams to never play in a NFC Title game in the last 20 yrs.
1 blowout loss against Philly when the division was still in grasp and both teams were actually trying.
1 win against Philly's practice squad after the already wrapped up home field and decided week 17 was an extra bye week. We won 6-0

Dam impressive performance overall, wouldn't you say:thumbup:
I dont care if they were all 0-16.
I will not excuse away a win over the eagles,giants or deadskins.
#RIVALRY

cowboyec

Reaction score
I feed off the hate of the eagles,giants,Commanders that burns deep in my core....3 squares a day.
GO COWBOYS!!!!!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I confess. I exaggerated it appears. And if Dallas gets the guy they intended there is no harm. If James ends up in Washington we may regret it quite a bit.

I don't doubt there could be regrets, but that's far from a certainty.
By the time the Cowboy's scored I was wishing a flock of crows would come and peck out my eyes. That game was awful.

I enjoyed watching the Cowboys defense in the first half when the Eagles were still playing their starters. It was good to see the defense coming together a little the last few weeks. But other than that it was a horrible game to watch. The ineptitude of the offense was discouraging.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
You can just see the difference between the two teams. The 2017 finale - Eagles play their backups and still keep it close against Garrett's starters in a game where both teams are playing for nothing. Same scenario in the 2016 finale and our backups struggled all game, easy win for the Eagles starters.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I prefer to win against teams that are actually trying.......................

beating your chest saying I'm the best when the other team practically forfeits is not how I roll, but maybe that is just me.

A team can only play who is on the schedule. I'm not really sure Cowboy fans were beating their chest and declaring their team the best anyway. Maybe a crackpot here or there?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys are actually counting that game as a "win":huh:

We played starters and they played their practice squad.............we beat them 6-0.............its more of an embarrassment than a "win" actually.

The Eagles actually played their starters most of the first half, and only pulled Foles before the end of the first half because he was getting hit a lot.

In any case, a win is a win. The Cowboys had no control over who they were scheduled to play in Week 17.

kskboys

Reaction score
small sample size

'statistically and historically' means more than one cherry picked year to try and bolster your losing argument....... it means over a long period of time the facts prove that the difference between 16 and 19 is negligible or near zero
Ah.

However, I simply provided one example, and made no effort at all to presume that one example to be more than that. So, your cute little SSS thingie doesn't apply!!!!! NS.

Grabbed 2012 at random. 17 was Kirkpatrick. 18 Melvin Ingram. 19 Shea McClellin.

There's another. Is McClellin still in the league?

Seriously, though, of course it can make a difference. Teams trade up 2-4 spots all the time. We did ourselves w/ Dez so no one else would take him. Gave up a 3rd. Chitown just gave up some picks to move up 1 spot.

So, do 2-4 spots make a difference? It can. Depends on the year. Some years, dang near the entire draft blows(like 09) and you're lucky to get anything of value. Sometimes there's first round talent littering the 2nd round(2013).

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Do you beat your chest and talk about a win 10 years ago that meant nothing to the team. I hope not. If so maybe you should see a doctor and get rid of whatever is ailing you.

In all seriousness are you happy we beat the Eagles? Seriously? We can't even tank right.

Read the last line again, otherwise you should see a doctor or check your eyes

:cool:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If you want to trade back the 16th pick would likely have more value than the 19th. Even if the increased price is just an extra sixth-rounder, it provides the "quantity" you say you want. So you continue to make no sense/be stubbornly obtuse.
as long as you keep the dirt in your ears and refuse to listen

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
No one will remember that win ten years from now, except Eagles & Cowboys fans-- who are precisely the people who know that the Eagles didn't try to win.

Most Eagles fans didn't even want to play their starters (check their message boards), they were worried about injuries & knew the game was meaningless.

See, meaningless games are meaningless when you're trying for a championship instead of padding your pathetic record.

I don't understand the long response. I did not care about the game. All I am saying is 10 years from now it 1 under the W column. Is that key for me? Am I putting it on a billboard in Philly? No.

I am just saying a win is win, it registers as a win. You and other Garret haters want to use the game story to degrade the win will not change the fact that it is a W, a W now, a W tomorrow, a W for ever. Garrett-led-team beat Philadelphia Eagles in Philly. You want your grandchildren to know the game story, write a book for them

trickamsterdam

Reaction score
The Eagles actually played their starters most of the first half, and only pulled Foles before the end of the first half because he was getting hit a lot.

In any case, a win is a win. The Cowboys had no control over who they were scheduled to play in Week 17.

You're wrong-- Eagles pulled Foles before the first quarter was even over. Most of the other starters too. Don't look at who started, look at the number of snaps taken.

And it's not that they're responsible for who they play, it's that their starters played horribly against the Eagles backups, & that the "win" was not only meaningless it was counterproductive bc of lost draft position.

trickamsterdam

Reaction score
I don't understand the long response. I did not care about the game. All I am saying is 10 years from now it 1 under the W column. Is that key for me? Am I putting it on a billboard in Philly? No.

I am just saying a win is win, it registers as a win. You and other Garret haters want to use the game story to degrade the win will not change the fact that it is a W, a W now, a W tomorrow, a W for ever. Garrett-led-team beat Philadelphia Eagles in Philly. You want your grandchildren to know the game story, write a book for them

Let me put it to you another way-- Eagles fans could not care less that they lost. If it was a real "win" they would.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Ah.

However, I simply provided one example, and made no effort at all to presume that one example to be more than that. So, your cute little SSS thingie doesn't apply!!!!! NS.

Grabbed 2012 at random. 17 was Kirkpatrick. 18 Melvin Ingram. 19 Shea McClellin.

There's another. Is McClellin still in the league?

Seriously, though, of course it can make a difference. Teams trade up 2-4 spots all the time. We did ourselves w/ Dez so no one else would take him. Gave up a 3rd. Chitown just gave up some picks to move up 1 spot.

So, do 2-4 spots make a difference? It can. Depends on the year. Some years, dang near the entire draft blows(like 09) and you're lucky to get anything of value. Sometimes there's first round talent littering the 2nd round(2013).
I guess the argument is too advanced for you to understand... I never said it can't make a difference..... I said the actual career production from players drafted at 16 vs 19 is nearly zero.... crying over the drop because we shutout our rival is a temper tantrum from a spoiled baby.....wins and winning seasons are rare enough that we don't need to throw them away

In hindsight you can pick a year to bolster your claim and I can pick 2 to bolster mine......But hindsight doesn't exist in the reality at the Draft...... all the rankings are subjective and non-scientific.....ie opinions

Typically after the first 5-8 picks players are grouped into levels of 20-25 similar players....dropping 3 spots is not meaningful at 16 to 19..... the group of players is still stocked and it would be off better value dropping back even further........ it is very rare after the top10 that teams need to trade up, trading back is a lot smarter....if there is a Jerry Rice or Tom Brady out there then you shouldn't mess around and wait until 15 to make a move up 3 spots

That is because JJohnson came up with a Draft chart that said 16 is worth 1000 points and 19 is worth 875..... it was just made up based on his values, not real career production...... if it was based on actual careers the numbers would completely different ......DAL dropped from 18 to 31 and still got TFred and they picked up a 3rd.....everyone screamed it was too far to drop to little but it worked great

The only difference between the late 1st and early 2nd is the new 5th year option and a lot of guaranteed money

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter if Dallas is picking #1 or #20, you can count on Jerry finding a way to *** it up.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'd rather increase our chance at getting a better player and decrease our chance of having to give up multiple picks to move up for a better player.

Winning against the Eagles hurt the team.
THink of the Draft like boarding an airplane

The first 6-8 picks go to First Class
Then they board a few disabled people that need extra space and time to meet their needs

Then it is business class and reward members......they can pick the next 20 or so prime seats
Some want aisle, some window, most near the front, all with storage, some with more leg room, some away from the emergency exit...........whatever your needs and wants

But you are guaranteed a great seat..... the guy 3 spots ahead of you is going to get a great seat too but if he picks your first choice you still have 10 great choices

Then they let the people that pre-picked their seats on-line

Then people that paid an extra $20

Then finally the cattle class

Every tier has plenty of good choices that can't be differentiated beyond personal choice...if someone really wants your seat they may offer you a movie or a beer or peace and quiet to switch

Sometimes in Business Class you sit next to a swimsuit model and sometimes next to a loud Frat boy and every now and then you get stuck next to a crying baby

Asklesko

Reaction score
THink of the Draft like boarding an airplane

The first 6-8 picks go to First Class
Then they board a few disabled people that need extra space and time to meet their needs

Then it is business class and reward members......they can pick the next 20 or so prime seats
Some want aisle, some window, most near the front, all with storage, some with more leg room, some away from the emergency exit...........whatever your needs and wants

But you are guaranteed a great seat..... the guy 3 spots ahead of you is going to get a great seat too but if he picks your first choice you still have 10 great choices

Then they let the people that pre-picked their seats on-line

Then people that paid an extra $20

Then finally the cattle class

Every tier has plenty of good choices that can't be differentiated beyond personal choice...if someone really wants your seat they may offer you a movie or a beer or peace and quiet to switch

Sometimes in Business Class you sit next to a swimsuit model and sometimes next to a loud Frat boy and every now and then you get stuck next to a crying baby

You seem woefully oblivious to how the draft actually works. If someone wants a player and believes he will be gone by they time they pick, they will want to trade for your pick, and you will profit from this transaction. The higher you draft, the higher the profit you can potentially get. It isn't necessarily about every team in a tier getting essentially the same draft value. It's also about teams from lower value positions trading up to get higher value players, and you making off like a bandit. Yes, falling from 16 to 19 does affect that process in a definite way.