Is anyone still questioning if Dak can be The Guy?

starcity214

Reaction score
BS. From time to time? Like when? When has Prescott been the culprit of this team losing? I can invite examples of him doing the exact opposite. More times than not. Carrying a team is a complete BS myth. You cannot provide any facts of the contrary other than a bad game here or there, where it was because of him. If at all.
What there is evidence of is solid programs where the starting QB is out of the picture and the TEAM still finds ways to win.

Football is the ultimate team sport.

That's why QB Win-Loss records are stupid.

But look at it this way..

If you had to pick a QB for one game, and his starting LT was injured, his starting RB was injured, and his number 1 WR was injured who would you pick?

Mahomes or Dak?
Watson or Dak?
Goff or Dak?
Wentz or Dak?
Heck, even Jones or Dak is iffy..

All things being equal, same injuries, do you have faith that Dak can squeak out a win?

That's what people mean when they say "carry a team"

Sometimes QBs have to do more with less.

I truly believe you can put almost any backup QB in the league on this team (and ask them to do what Dak does, wich is not lose the game) and the results for us would be the same.

People sell this team short, but how many teams out there have a top 10 defense, a top 3 running back, a true number 1 WR and the highest paid OL?

Go through the teams and you'll see how easy Dak has it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

If you had to pick a QB for one game, and his starting LT was injured, his starting RB was injured, and his number 1 WR was injured who would you pick?

Mahomes or Dak?
Watson or Dak?
Goff or Dak?
Wentz or Dak?

All things being equal, same injuries, do you have faith that Dak can squeak out a win?

I truly believe you can put almost any backup QB in the league on this team (and ask them to do what Dak does, wich is not lose the game) and the results for us would be the same.

People sell this team short, but how many teams out there have a top 10 defense, a top 3 running back, a true number 1 WR and the highest paid OL?

I think you're not giving Prescott enough credit, just my opinion. He's a more important piece and it's not as simple as plugging any back-up. He contributes a lot. Id he perfect or elite/best of the best. Nope. But all season he's played at a high level.
You're also missing other factors. When a team is missing it's two starting WR's, both tackles, and injured guard, center isn't 100% and a below average LG it's not unreasonable for them to struggle. It's just how football works.

In your fantasy scenario only a fool wouldn't want some of the better QBs for a game, but that's not real life. And replacing Prescott is idiotic with regard to how extremely difficult it is to draft a franchise caliber QB. The odds of the grass being greener are pretty low.

And by the way, Matt Moore replaced Mahomes and he wasn't too shabby vs. the Vikings and they're pretty tough. So you could say that about a lot of teams that are good across all positions. And when we're healthy, we're very good offensively.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
BS. From time to time? Like when? When has Prescott been the culprit of this team losing? I can invite examples of him doing the exact opposite. More times than not. Carrying a team is a complete BS myth. You cannot provide any facts of the contrary other than a bad game here or there, where it was because of him. If at all.
What there is evidence of is solid programs where the starting QB is out of the picture and the TEAM still finds ways to win.
This is one of the types of posts that just invite a response.

You seriously can't see any losses in which Dak could have made THE difference and didn't?

I would say that majority of the losses over the last couple years could have been wins with better QB play, including the Rams playoff game. Just one example from this year. Missing a wide open Cobb in the end zone against the Saints. Dak ran out to his left and had all the time he needed to make that play and he blew it. That one single, easily made play could have been the difference between a win and a loss.

The narrative here though is to make excuses like, "he had to throw it across his body", which is not true as he had PLENTY of time. We also see the fingers pointing at everyone else who screwed up. "So and So fumbled!", "the defense couldn't stop the run!", "the WR dropped the ball!!" All valid points in the big picture but they in no way excuse the mistakes of the QB as you are doing here. In that moment Dak had an easy 7 points right there for the taking and he blew it, not the o-line, not the defense, not the coaching, not the WR. Would have been nice to convert that gimme in what ended as a 2 pt loss.

Now, I understand the militant, agenda boys will come back with "nobody is perfect" which is true, of course. However, when it comes to fielding consistent and truly competitive teams you pretty much NEED your leader, your highest paid player, the guy with whom EVERYTHING starts with to be among the least imperfect of his peers across the league. Average QB's might get their stacked teams to the promised land but they will be one hit wonders far more often than not.

Especially if you overpay the average QB.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
61317350.png
Oh you're an Eagles fan? You're unbiased outside opinion based on some slurping Dak? You live in Philly because if so I'm pretty sure you're one of those Kinsington weirdos.

All Eagles fans want us to sign Dak to a Zillion $ contract.
Now ask yourself why?:huh:

https://pics.me.me/breaking-eagles-fans-start-********-to-pay-dak-prescott-the-61317350.png

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
All Eagles fans want us to sign Dak to a Zillion $ contract.
Now ask yourself why?:huh:
maxresdefault.jpg

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

You seriously can't see any losses in which Dak could have made THE difference and didn't?

I would say that majority of the losses over the last couple years could have been wins with better QB play, including the Rams playoff game. Just one example from this year. Missing a wide open Cobb in the end zone against the Saints. Dak ran out to his left and had all the time he needed to make that play and he blew it. That one single, easily made play could have been the difference between a win and a loss.

The narrative here though is to make excuses like, "he had to throw it across his body", which is not true as he had PLENTY of time. We also see the fingers pointing at everyone else who screwed up. "So and So fumbled!", "the defense couldn't stop the run!", "the WR dropped the ball!!" All valid points in the big picture but they in no way excuse the mistakes of the QB as you are doing here. In that moment Dak had an easy 7 points right there for the taking and he blew it, not the o-line, not the defense, not the coaching, not the WR. Would have been nice to convert that gimme in what ended as a 2 pt loss.

Now, I understand the militant, agenda boys will come back with "nobody is perfect" which is true, of course. However, when it comes to fielding consistent and truly competitive teams you pretty much NEED your leader, your highest paid player, the guy with whom EVERYTHING starts with to be among the least imperfect of his peers across the league. Average QB's might get their stacked to teams to the promised land but they will be one hit wonders far more often than not.

I mean sure, I guess Prescott could have done more vs. LA, but I think the more realistic culprit was the defense allowing 275 rushing yards and Elliott only rushing for 47 yards. Prescott not only outperformed Goff in every single category, but also didn't turn the ball over.

Here's my take on Prescott, he's NOT an elite, best of the best QB, but he's very good and I don't take anyone serious who blames a game ALL on the QB when the defense and run game were straight up embarrassing. There are plenty of examples of mistakes Prescott has made. Behind or overthrow's, holding the ball too long or running into sacks. No doubt. But that pretty much describes the vast majority of NFL QBs if you watch them.

Macnalty

Reaction score
This isn't a bash-Dak thread. Nor is it an overly supportive thread.

Just a general inquiry to see if there is anyone still out there who believe Dak isn't such a liability that he can't be our starter and/or shouldn't be re-signed.

I believe he is well above the Dalton line,now if that is your idea of a franchise QB than so be it. The Ravens QB, 49ers, Pats, Chiefs, Eagles, Seahawks, Rams, Chargers, Packers, Saints, Texans, and Lions can all make a reasonable case for their talent being better so in my mind it shades things some. The poor working of the front office should of had this deal done before training camp IMO.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I mean sure, I guess Prescott could have done more vs. LA, but I think the more realistic culprit was the defense allowing 275 rushing yards and Elliott only rushing for 47 yards. Prescott not only outperformed Goff in every single category, but also didn't turn the ball over.

Here's my take on Prescott, he's NOT an elite, best of the best QB, but he's very good and I don't take anyone serious who blames a game ALL on the QB when the defense and run game were straight up embarrassing. There are plenty of examples of mistakes Prescott has made. Behind or overthrow's, holding the ball too long or running into sacks. No doubt. But that pretty much describes the vast majority of NFL QBs if you watch them.
I have to disagree somewhat on the LA game.

YES, the defense was terrible against the run. They did however hold to field goals enough to keep the game competitive.

What I don't understand is how Dak is absolved of all responsibility for the entire middle HALF of the game in which the offense did essentially nothing. This inspite of LA focusing on Elliot and daring Dak to beat them.

The defense and Elliot, especially on the fourth down, play gets ALL the blame while the half game of no offensive production gets ignored.

From my view there are two things that are absolute truth about that game.

1) The defense deserves much criticism and had they played well things may have turned out better.

2) The offense deserves much criticism for disappearing for half the game and not taking advantage of the opportunities in the passing game which would have helped the defense.

I have yet to see one person here acknowledge the complete lack of offensive production for half the game. Instead it's all on the defense.

Even though the defense bailed out the offense so many times last season and handed this years NO game to the offense on a silver platter needing only 13 points to win.

You are right about the majority of QB's being average. Unfortunately it's those pesky above average ones that consistently get it done, most of them with lessor help than our average QB gets. I never understood the "it's ok to be average because most everyone is" mentality.

ps, Dak did have no turnovers in that game but only because the CB who jumped the route he saw coming a mile away dropped the pick 6 that hit him right in the numbers.

starcity214

Reaction score
I think you're not giving Prescott enough credit, just my opinion. He's a more important piece and it's not as simple as plugging any back-up. He contributes a lot. Id he perfect or elite/best of the best. Nope. But all season he's played at a high level.
You're also missing other factors. When a team is missing it's two starting WR's, both tackles, and injured guard, center isn't 100% and a below average LG it's not unreasonable for them to struggle. It's just how football works.

In your fantasy scenario only a fool wouldn't want some of the better QBs for a game, but that's not real life. And replacing Prescott is idiotic with regard to how extremely difficult it is to draft a franchise caliber QB. The odds of the grass being greener are pretty low.

And by the way, Matt Moore replaced Mahomes and he wasn't too shabby vs. the Vikings and they're pretty tough. So you could say that about a lot of teams that are good across all positions. And when we're healthy, we're very good offensively.

Matt Moore proves my point that any QB , given the right supporting cast, can perform well enough.

Imagine having to pay mat moore 35M a year..
That is the issue. You yourself know that Dak isn't a generational talent and if that's the case, why should the cowboys pay top Dollar?
It doesn't seem like a good way to build a team, especially if guys like Teddy Bridgeawater and Matt Moore (kyle Allen) can step into this starting line up and at least gove the same production as Dak..

Even the front office knows this.

Everybody here would love Dak at 22 -25 Million a year (Foles money) but i think Dak has bought into his own hype and if that's the case, we are better off bringing in a matt moore or Drafting another QB.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Matt Moore proves my point that any QB , given the right supporting cast, can perform well enough.

That is the issue. You yourself know that Dak isn't a generational talent and if that's the case, why should the cowboys pay top Dollar?
It doesn't seem like a good way to build a team, especially if guys like Teddy Bridgeawater and Matt Moore (kyle Allen) can step into this starting line up and at least gove the same production as Dak..

Everybody here would love Dak at 22 -25 Million a year (Foles money) but i think Dak has bought into his own hype and if that's the case, we are better off bringing in a matt moore or Drafting another QB.

Jerry sleeping at the wheel....zzzzzz

1. Letting Romo walk.
2. Niners get a Franchise QB for a 2nd rounder.
3. Foles goes for only 26 million to the Jags.

Poor Jerry thought he found lighting in a jar for Dak in the 4th round.

GM Jerry keeping our franchise at toilet levels year in year out!!!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
This is simply not true. He's been making less than $700K for the past 3 years and is making $2 million this year and has been raked over the coals the entire time.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

YES, the defense was terrible against the run. They did however hold to field goals enough to keep the game competitive.

What I don't understand is how Dak is absolved of all responsibility for the entire middle HALF of the game in which the offense did essentially nothing. This inspite of LA focusing on Elliot and daring Dak to beat them.

The defense and Elliot, especially on the fourth down, play gets ALL the blame while the half game of no offensive production gets ignored.

1) The defense deserves much criticism and had they played well things may have turned out better.

2) The offense deserves much criticism for disappearing for half the game and not taking advantage of the opportunities in the passing game which would have helped the defense.

I have yet to see one person here acknowledge the complete lack of offensive production for half the game. Instead it's all on the defense.

Even though the defense bailed out the offense so many times last season and handed this years NO game to the offense on a silver platter needing only 13 points to win.

You are right about the majority of QB's being average. Unfortunately it's those pesky above average ones that consistently get it done, most of them with lessor help than our average QB gets. I never understood the "it's ok to be average because most everyone is" mentality.

ps, Dak did have no turnovers in that game but only because the CB who jumped the route he saw coming a mile away dropped the pick 6 that hit him right in the numbers.
When the offense becomes one dimensional, which ours obviously was, expect the defense to hold the passing game under control. You can't seriously expect that type of miracle work. It's just a bad take. The defense got manhandled.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

My point was your dream was ONE GAME. Matt Moore or any back will not do that all season long or they would be a starting. Prescott is on another level.
By the way, he's still on his rookie contract, so addition dream salaries you're assuming are just not real.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

Now, I understand the militant, agenda boys will come back with "nobody is perfect" which is true, of course. However, when it comes to fielding consistent and truly competitive teams you pretty much NEED your leader, your highest paid player, the guy with whom EVERYTHING starts with to be among the least imperfect of his peers across the league. Average QB's might get their stacked teams to the promised land but they will be one hit wonders far more often than not.

The thing is the pro Dak extreme crew don't ever place blame on Dak. Everything is someone else's fault but all the glory is Daks. Surprised they don't see how silly that is. I don't blame everything on him but as the "leader" he deserves more blame than the alleged flunkies he's the "leader" of on the football field. Why when it comes to blame we want to treat this alleged "leader" like just any ole soldier in the football army? I thought leaders get more praise and blame? Guess only. Dak gets to escape that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Mahomes or Dak?
Watson or Dak?
Goff or Dak?
Wentz or Dak?

Quit playing Madden and watch the Cowboys games from beginning to end. SMH :facepalm:

Philmonroe

Reaction score

People also fail to mention that Dak and the offense took forever to score a td when we are down like we were up in that LA game. How do you burn the clock and play with no sense of urgency when you're losing?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The thing is the pro Dak extreme crew don't ever place blame on Dak. Everything is someone else's fault but all the glory is Daks. Surprised they don't see how silly that is. I don't blame everything on him but as the "leader" he deserves more blame than the alleged flunkies he's the "leader" of on the football field. Why when it comes to blame we want to treat this alleged "leader" like just any ole soldier in the football army? I thought leaders get more praise and blame? Guess only. Dak gets to escape that.
You must not read, I clearly placed blame.

lonestar2288

Reaction score
Look, ask yourself a simple question. Is there a GAME, not a play or drive, where you say without Dak we lose. Look no further than last night to see what I mean. If you think the Ravens beat the Pat's without Lamar Jackson we weren't watching the same game. Jackson is not elite, but he elevated his team last night IMO. I would not pay him 35 mill plus, but I do see him as an above average starting QB. Along the same lines as Dak, though I dont recall a GAME personally where without Dak we lose

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
When the offense becomes one dimensional, which ours obviously was, expect the defense to hold the passing game under control. You can't seriously expect that type of miracle work. It's just a bad take. The defense got manhandled.
The offense was one dimensional because the defense focused on stopping it's best dimension. There were plays to be made in the passing game that weren't.

The Cowboys rushing attack was among the best in the league last year. Inspite of it being the primary focus of opposing defenses. It didn't suddenly suck in that game. Well I guess it did technically but it had everything to do with the Rams defensive focus on stopping it.

You're making my initial point for me.

It's everybody and anybody BUT Dak here on the Zone.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The offense was one dimensional because the defense focused on stopping it's best dimension. There were plays to be made in the passing game that weren't.

The Cowboys rushing attack was among the best in the league last year. Inspite of it being the primary focus of apposing defenses. It didn't suddenly suck in that game. Well I guess it did technically but it had everything to do with the Rams defensive focus on stopping it.

You're making my initial point for me.

It's everybody and anybody BUT Dak here on the Zone.
I wish you guys could comprehend a damn post. I clearly stated Prescott makes mistakes, isn't elite or the best of the best yet you guys conveniently gloss over that and continue to falsely suggest I said he's free and clear of blame. Do better.
You're too busy trying to sell the load of BS that it's because of the QB. 275 yards were allowed! Prescott scored TWO of the 3 TDs, Elliott ran for 47!!!!! That is a straight asswhooping. Period.

I have a feeling somehow you'll translate that into "Prescott is perfect."

Reactions: CWR