Is anyone watching the AAF?

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
no but I saw it by accident channel surfing and was like W T F , how can they have this startup league and the soon to come XFL and the NFl and College football and Canadian leagues etc?? the players available will be so diluted it has to hurt the product.. from the glance I saw the biggest issue is the QB and Offensive lines seemed below average even for startup league..

I couldn't find many names I recognized, except I though I heard Demontra Moores name, wasn't he the ex giant and Ex cowboy DT?

im not sure how theres enough quality payers around to fill up all these leagues and put out a product people will come back to watch over and over..
Gavin Escobar was on one of the teams. Still not a great player.

cowboyec

Reaction score
my team is The Commanders...but Memphis Express D.Coord is Cowboys Legend Dennis Thurman...so they'll be my #2.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
the little i saw, i like it. like the changes in the rules.
maybe they will care more about football than money

my team is Orlando Apollos, used to live there for some years

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never did. I would much rather an entire Cowboys minor league team.

The AAF rules could allow it to evolve towards more of a minor league setup with the 4 NFL teams to 1 AAF team allocation rule being the starting point.

KB1122

Reaction score
If I were starting a new league I'd put in a weight limit, so the game was quicker and more mobile than the NFL, like it was played in the old days, with smaller faster backs and mobile linemen. I'd also take a red pen to the overregulated NFL rule book.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
So far this Perez kid for B'ham is showing good accuracy and nice touch and his TE Bowman has looked pretty good.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
It is cool some of you are already choosing a team but for me it is too soon. Going to try to watch all the teams to get a feel for them and more than likely will be a casual fan until a team truly draws me in. Hope to see QB and OL play pick up as the season goes. For me, still a lot of positives from last night, which is something I have never said about any of the other pro football leagues.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
If I were starting a new league I'd put in a weight limit, so the game was quicker and more mobile than the NFL, like it was played in the old days, with smaller faster backs and mobile linemen. I'd also take a red pen to the overregulated NFL rule book.

Jim brown, John riggins, mike Alstott, even Jim Thorpe was a 6’1. 200 pounder(much like an NFL rB today)

And I’ll argue the lineman today are far and away more mobile than their counterparts of yesteryear. There’s a reason the tackles are looking more like Tyron smith and less like siragusa waiting to consume meals between snaps.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Give me ads all over the field, stadium, and jerseys versus 2 hours of TV time outs all day and twice on Sunday.
Just put the DVR on pause, do something else for a bit, then fast forward past the commercials.

I rewind and review some plays during commercials.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Perez is looking pretty good for what he's working with right now. Interesting to see how he develops over the season.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It is cool some of you are already choosing a team but for me it is too soon. Going to try to watch all the teams to get a feel for them and more than likely will be a casual fan until a team truly draws me in. Hope to see QB and OL play pick up as the season goes. For me, still a lot of positives from last night, which is something I have never said about any of the other pro football leagues.
I'm a lifelong Commanders fans, but we'll welcome any band wagoners. ;)