Is anyone watching the AAF?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I watched 5 minutes and was like why am I watching this? It was liking watching all the kids that didn’t make the all-star team play a sandlot game.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
If the NFL decides they want the AAF to be successful then funding won't be a problem.

What are the rules with regards to the NFL and players that don't go to college but do turn "Pro" by playing in another league.

If the NFL can still require then to go to college for two or three years before being eligible to play in the NFL, then very few players with college starter type talent would take the bypass college for the XFL option. Almost all players with college starter type talent believe they'll go to the NFL.

Most of the AAF players were college starters.
The rule is technically "3 years after HS graduation"

So, they can in theory declare for the draft after 3 years in the XFL.

XFL has said targeting pre-college players will be a focus of theirs. They're basically going to tell a dude from a poor background that they'll guarantee $1mn over 3 years, then they can declare for the NFL, or they can go to college and hope for the best. The strategy could be extremely successful.

They are equally competitors to college football as they are to the AAF / CFL.

CPanther95

Reaction score

XFL has said targeting pre-college players will be a focus of theirs. They're basically going to tell a dude from a poor background that they'll guarantee $1mn over 3 years, then they can declare for the NFL, or they can go to college and hope for the best. The strategy could be extremely successful.

There's something also about "and used up their college eligibility" but not sure how that works.

Is that what was added after Swann?

Valkyr

Reaction score
I admit I like Hackenberg because he makes me feel I could still play QB somewhere

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

PLAYER ELIGIBILITY

To be eligible for the draft, players must have been out of high school for at least three years and must have used up their college eligibility before the start of the next college football season.

The NFL is very political. They'll make it difficult for player to skip college, go to the XFL and then to the NFL.

Sure, some players will take the instant money and go to the NFL but regardless of how much capital the XFL has backing it, they have to make a profit. It will be difficult for the XFL to pay NFL type contracts which would keep star players from considering it.

It appears the AAF has locked players into 3 year non-guaranteed contracts. That takes a lot of the easily acquired players off the market for the XFL.

They can't depend on very many players that didn't go to college. That would look silly compared to the AAF players many of whom have played some snaps in the NFL and most have college starting experience.

The XFL can't recruit college players directly. If they screw up a few kids college eligibility, the Govt will shut them down.

If they manage to lure some star college recruits away from college, all of the congress members in that state will be heros for going after the XFL.

Obviously it's not impossible for the XFL to succeed but the challenges are immense.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Eric Swann entered the draft after playing semi-Pro football and no college football.
:lol

Eric Swann. Forgot about that guy.

I learned about him calling to a 1-900 number and Mel Kiper told me all about him at $1.99 a minute.

Sammy

Reaction score
For anyone who doesn't have NFL Network, the Salt Lake / Arizona game is streaming free at the aaf site. I can't get the audio to work, but the video is streaming nicely.

https://aaf.com/

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I like how the commercials are on split screen, so you still see what's happening on the field.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
One thing I've noticed after watching a few games, WRs don't come up with as many balls as they should. Seen too many catchable balls dropped