Is Belichick the Head Coach next year?

Will Bill Belichick be coaching the Cowboys next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Parcells admitted later that he took the job because he needed the money after his divorce (ex-wife took him to the cleaners).

Belicheck does not need Jerry's money, he has been paid like a king in New England.
And yet he cultivates and has friendships with both Joneses.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want to look back on this next year when we know.

No ifs, ands or buts. Yes or no? Is Bill Belichick the Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys a year from now?
Probably will be (I have no idea how he and Jerry will be able to fit both those massive egos) but I say don't do it Jerry he's too old.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
He wants to be here. He and Jones have a solid mutual respect. The entire staff are on 1 year deals. There has been minimal movement towards filling holes. Mass exodus through free agency. Doubtful the team will have the talent to do what's necessary to retain the staff....meaning there's a coaching vacancy. Jones knows the fan base is growing impatient and nothing less than a swing for the fence home run hire will quiet the masses.

It makes alot of sense. I voted yes.

plasticman

Reaction score

Yeah objective truth. Not only do they have a good relationship but it is with Stephen too and BB actively orking to develop it.

Flies in the face of your fiction.

And how many Lombardis did Jimmy and Jerry end up with? You sure are emotionally invested in the Cowboys failure.

Albert Breer? He represents objective truth to you?

Albert Breer was suspended by the NFL Network and barred from covering the Patriots for undisclosed reasons. He was known to be a harsh critic of Belichick.

Besides, how long would this "relationship" last if Belichick tried to work for Jerry Jones?

Belichick knows one way....his way. He didn't see a job he liked because he couldn't get complete control. With his resume, he has a better case than any other coach to require control.

And could you please stop the psycho-analysis. I would prefer that you focus on the content of my posts without alleging some mental issue.

I will extend to you the final word on this.

Majic

Reaction score
Been saying it since January-I think he is coming!

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
So the Cowboys are a laughing stock now?

I know the GB game didn't go well but 12-5 and winning the East should be worth something besides the 24th pick.
Where have you been for the last 30 years? We are the most mocked and detested team and fanbase in the league.

There are entire sports talk shows devoted to mocking our inevitable playoff collapses.

And yes— the GB loss was MUCH worse than simply “not going well” as you delicately put it. We are the only team in history to lose as a 2 seed to a 7 seed and to go down 27-0 before putting up some garbage numbers is a joke to say the least.

We were dismantled. Humiliated. At home. And then have been gutless and listless since. We are a laughing stock and if you don’t see it, then ignorance truly is bliss

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Voted yes
To be honest, I see him keeping Zim as his DC. Zim once worked for Parcell, so why not Belichick until he gets another HC offer?
IF somehow, MM pulls off a miracle and gets this team to the NFCCG or maybe even the divisional round......all bets are off. He gets resigned, but make no mistake the odds are def stacked against him.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I find it bizarre that no matter who the coach is Jerry will not let them coach. Why are you still watching this crap show? what does the coach do? Is Jerry calling down to the coach and calling plays?
jerry wants to know who you guys are watching in the draft and how much gear crap you guys are buying. He loves how you support the team with money. Go Jerryboys.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
hum let's see, Andy Tub of lard Reid is great since he got a quarterback.
Bill was great and a winner with a quarterback.

so since we don't have a quarterback, does it matter who we get? We've seen the mighty dak swing and miss again, and they are no miracle worker out there who's going to fix him, so let's keep him and keep changing coaches. lmao.....you can't make this crap up.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
So the Cowboys are a laughing stock now?

I know the GB game didn't go well but 12-5 and winning the East should be worth something besides the 24th pick.
Trust me, it's worth a hell of a lot around and inside league circles. Can you imagine the teams would trade their last three years of 12-5 for ours? Yes, we have sucked in the postseason but the seasons have not been total failures as some fans would want you to believe.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I want to look back on this next year when we know.

No ifs, ands or buts. Yes or no? Is Bill Belichick the Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys a year from now?
He would never come here if he actually wanted to win.

The guy needs an owner who has some influence and power inside the NFL. So he can cheat his way to another trophy.
JJ by far is not that guy.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
BB’s last few drafts in NE have not been good and his offense without Brady was bad. So will he hire the right staff and draft better?

John813

Reaction score
I could see it. Voted yes.

Not being a downer but I can't see this team going much further than it has the past 3 years as is with the coaching/players.
Mike's contract is done. Jerry can still call himself a GM. Bill lives and breathes football and will probably coach till he dies.

Jerry wants to win one, his way before he kicks it. Same probably for Bill, especially since Brady won one in Tampa.
Jerry could give less than a F about the slander Kraft put out about Bill B

ArtClink

Reaction score
Belichick would never take take the job without being given full autonomy over the team, the draft, cuts, free-agent signings, and would want Jerry to stay out of news conferences, out of the locker room, and off the practice field.
In other words, the answer is, "no."
Very true

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jerry being Jerry never letting a good publicity go to waste, will flirt with Bilicheck and say they have had substantial talks. Bill's agent will deny. but Jerry won't pay for what bill is going to ask for. you know, coaches dead money!!!
zimmer is a back up to the backup depending how the defense plays this year and if he is a semi popular fan choice.

or he will try to tap the next genuis coach as he had tried with Garrett and Moore. they come a lot cheaper. coaches dead money you know.