Is Bennett just immature or just dumb?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
stasheroo;2190319 said:
Yeah, the optimist in me is chalking it up to immaturity and hoping that the work ethic of guys like Witten will be a positive influence.

I'm not getting that deep into it.

Part of this reminds me of the whole Matt Jones campaign (sorry in advance for bringing it up!). Jones had all the athletic ability in the world, but a lackadaisical, laid-back approach held him back and was the focal point of most Jags fans' venom directed toward him.

oh hell dude. bring it up. with me anyway i respected the holy hell out of how you went through that entire debate/ordeal. i'll always listen to what you're saying and try to understand, agreeing not required. :)

moss has had that tagged to him also. takes plays off. sometimes things come too easy to people and they don't realize what does come easy to them is a gift, not something we all have and can do.

so you just don't think about it, just do it in your own sense of urgency or whatnot.

we've got part of a preseason gone and 1 game over and people are already tagging this kid. it's as if some simply can't wait to slap a label on someone so thought can take a back seat to perception.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
iceberg;2190330 said:
oh hell dude. bring it up. with me anyway i respected the holy hell out of how you went through that entire debate/ordeal. i'll always listen to what you're saying and try to understand, agreeing not required. :)

Thanks, appreciate that. From what I've read, his off-field 'transgression' has inspired him on-field.

iceberg said:
moss has had that tagged to him also. takes plays off. sometimes things come too easy to people and they don't realize what does come easy to them is a gift, not something we all have and can do.

so you just don't think about it, just do it in your own sense of urgency or whatnot.

we've got part of a preseason gone and 1 game over and people are already tagging this kid. it's as if some simply can't wait to slap a label on someone so thought can take a back seat to perception.

Yeah, labels definitely make people more comfortable.

My mind's certainly not made up, I'm just griping about some less than stellar early reviews. As a Cowboys fan, I'm hopeful that it's a temporary thing from an immature kid.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
I think this year will be special (as do most here) so it's hard for me to understand that someone would spend time looking backward at a decision that really has no effect on what is ahead.

If he's a stud, then great. If he is a bust, he's a bust. No long term effect on this organization.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
If he was playing and practicing well in spite of his maturity level it would be different.

He is playing poorly, practicing poorly, and on top of it has a poor attitude.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Countem5;2190478 said:
I think this year will be special (as do most here) so it's hard for me to understand that someone would spend time looking backward at a decision that really has no effect on what is ahead.

If he's a stud, then great. If he is a bust, he's a bust. No long term effect on this organization.

Agree with the first point.

Disagree with the second.

If he were a bust, he might not stop them from winning this year, but he wouldn't help them win in the future.

This team has had enough second round flops lately to not need another one.

A 2nd rounder is a key draft choice and if you miss badly on one, it can hurt you for a few years or force you to spend another draft pick to correct the mistake.

superpunk

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;2190494 said:
If he was playing and practicing well in spite of his maturity level it would be different.

He is playing poorly, practicing poorly, and on top of it has a poor attitude.
He's doomed.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
stasheroo;2190499 said:
Agree with the first point.

Disagree with the second.

If he were a bust, he might not stop them from winning this year, but he wouldn't help them win in the future.

This team has had enough second round flops lately to not need another one.

A 2nd rounder is a key draft choice and if you miss badly on one, it can hurt you for a few years or force you to spend another draft pick to correct the mistake.

A speed bump at worst...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Brandon;2189355 said:
This kid is a cancer. If we were going to get a tight end, we should have grabbed the Rucker kid, in the *FOURTH* round.

and ignore grows by 1.

superpunk

Reaction score
Bach;2190642 said:
He's a pedophile.

You should see me during the "women's" gymnastics competition. Basically, I don't have any more socks to wear to work.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
superpunk;2190712 said:
You should see me during the "women's" gymnastics competition. Basically, I don't have any more socks to wear to work.

I don't feel sorry for ya. You had four years to stock up. Rook.................

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brandon;2189355 said:
This kid is a cancer. If we were going to get a tight end, we should have grabbed the Rucker kid, in the *FOURTH* round.
For some reason, this sounded really funny when I read it.

Twisted, I tell ya.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2190712 said:

TMI

:eek: