Is Brandin Cooks worth $10 million?

Havic

Reaction score
Cooks better than Gallup but let’s be honest, look who’s throwing to him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cooks better than Gallup but let’s be honest, look who’s throwing to him.
Yeah, let's be honest a bunch of dudes have made their careers off that dude are you serious literally seedy lamb has gotten better every year Ferguson got better from his rookie year he's gonna get better this year same dude this dude you don't want to mention let's be honest second team all pro second MVP voting one of his best years he's had and he's had many of them... You mean the guy who was throwing to the motor mouth the Mr. I can't stand distractions in Dalton Schultz who had his career year that got him a bigger deal this year that would be 2021 with that guy that would be Dalton schultz's best year not last year in Houston with the other guy..... :popcorn: :facepalm:

We talking about that guy right the guy who allowed CD lamb to set a Dallas Cowboys record and receptions and yards you mean that guy is that is that the little swipe you're taking a guy who was considered top three in the league last year his position you mean that guy yeah I'll take that guy over mini guys there's only one clear guy that most teams would take over their guy that would be Patrick mahomes the rest of it's debatable....

Let's be honest who's playing defense who's playing middle linebacker who's playing defensive tackle who's playing center guard tackle and I don't know let's be honest where's the run game yeah all big giant holes last year that somehow got covered up enough to be a number two seed with that guy...

LMAO good try though but people need to be checked and receipts kept guys they're setting records with this guy....

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
He was added in the offseason and played 16 games for the Cowboys so i'm not sure what you mean by before and after he got here comment. If you are alluding to the trash offensive performance the 1st 5 games, that was McCarthy's trash-coast offensive style. Then he finally opened things up and they played much better the rest of the year mostly.
I'm referring to the previous season, after Cooper was traded and before we brought Cook in, when Dak led the league in interceptions.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Cowboys don’t have anything at receiver other than Lamb and Cooks. So he’ll probably stick. But yea I agree he’s at the tail end of his career. People kept quoting how many 1000 yard seasons he’s had when we got him like that’s relevant at his age.
Biggest thing for me is the number of teams he's been on, you'd think if he was worth $10 million one of those other teams would have kept him....

Mannix

Reaction score
NO....NO.....NO.....he is NOT an EVERY GAME #2.....too small and not even close to being any kind of a difference maker....but of course he will be brought back.....and Brooks will waste away on the bench and not even sniff moving up to #3....just pathetic. Our WR corps have been average at best for years!!!

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I would guess no.

But if Gallup gets cut, he might finish up his deal with us.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The guys had a terrific career but after a down year in 22 the Texans decided to move on. While relatively cheap for a guy putting up 1000+ yards i'm not sure he's that guy anymore and or maybe not the best fit for what Dak likes in a receiver. Maybe his role will grow in his second year here what do yall think?

Career stats
Year
Year
Team
Team
REC
Total receptions
YDS
Receiving yards
AVG
Receiving yards per reception
LNG
Longest reception
TD
Receiving touchdowns
YDS
Rushing yards
AVG
Average yards per carry
2023Cowboys5465712.2378357.0
2022Texans5769912.344373.5
Cooks had a stretch of games with good YPT mid season, largely in blowouts, but had low YPT the first 4 and last 4 games.
Lots of catches in the playoff game, but 5.9ypt. Bleh.
I liked the idea of him, but he's classic bad free agent value. Not horrible value. But bad value. If we had given Kavonte and others his snaps, would we have been worse off? Maybe. Maybe not. 10mil in cap worse off? Definitely not.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CookBr00/gamelog/2023/

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
It’s all relevant? Compared to the disaster that is Gallup’s contract? He’s absolutely worth it

Havic

Reaction score
Yeah, let's be honest a bunch of dudes have made their careers off that dude are you serious literally seedy lamb has gotten better every year Ferguson got better from his rookie year he's gonna get better this year same dude this dude you don't want to mention let's be honest second team all pro second MVP voting one of his best years he's had and he's had many of them... You mean the guy who was throwing to the motor mouth the Mr. I can't stand distractions in Dalton Schultz who had his career year that got him a bigger deal this year that would be 2021 with that guy that would be Dalton schultz's best year not last year in Houston with the other guy..... :popcorn: :facepalm:

We talking about that guy right the guy who allowed CD lamb to set a Dallas Cowboys record and receptions and yards you mean that guy is that is that the little swipe you're taking a guy who was considered top three in the league last year his position you mean that guy yeah I'll take that guy over mini guys there's only one clear guy that most teams would take over their guy that would be Patrick mahomes the rest of it's debatable....

Let's be honest who's playing defense who's playing middle linebacker who's playing defensive tackle who's playing center guard tackle and I don't know let's be honest where's the run game yeah all big giant holes last year that somehow got covered up enough to be a number two seed with that guy...

LMAO good try though but people need to be checked and receipts kept guys they're setting records with this guy....
All of these accolades and early playoff exit. It's almost like once real football begins in the playoffs, we learn real quick who has been the pretenders for the majority of the season.

quickccc

Reaction score
This McCarthy offense is illegal fit for cooks speed ad skill set. We are using him as a possession wr..and he's a big slash, vertical receiver.

Heck first half of season. Big Mac totally ignored him until media started jumping down his throat.

And then so dak simply could not connect with cooks on deep go fly routes...overthrowing every time.

His speed has been wasted here, imo.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The guys had a terrific career but after a down year in 22 the Texans decided to move on. While relatively cheap for a guy putting up 1000+ yards i'm not sure he's that guy anymore and or maybe not the best fit for what Dak likes in a receiver. Maybe his role will grow in his second year here what do yall think?

Career stats
Year
Year
Team
Team
REC
Total receptions
YDS
Receiving yards
AVG
Receiving yards per reception
LNG
Longest reception
TD
Receiving touchdowns
YDS
Rushing yards
AVG
Average yards per carry
2023Cowboys5465712.2378357.0
2022Texans5769912.344373.5
WR $ is only going up. Question becomes what would you get for same $ amount to replace him? We don't currently have someone on our roster to replace 8 TD's and we don't have enough draft picks to fill all our needs.