Is Ceedee Lamb overrated?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I feel like he just isn't as good as Dez, and Dez isn't a HOFer. I know we didn't have a lot of better options at 17 except Diggs himself and we got Diggs anyway in the second round. But I think it could have been an overdraft considering Noah Brown and Cedrick Wilson have performed just as well in this offense when given their opportunities on a per snap basis. Lamb drops passes, doesn't make tough contested and spectacular catches. He only catches when he's open. He's not Dez even though the Cowboys painfully obviously try to scheme him to get as many chances as he can.

Opinions??

Lamb is a much better receiver then Dez ever was. Probably give Dez the nod in strength, but thats about it.

LOL............Lamb only catches when he is open? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

This comment right here shows just how much you dont understand the position or what you are seeing. Dez was RARELY open because he simply wasnt a good enough route runner to get open consistently. Romo knew he had to just throw the ball up even if Dez was covered and Dez would probably win out.

Lamb gets open because he is good at it. He doesnt have to make miracle catches because the CB has been fooled and is in the dust. But he definitely has the ability to make great catches.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless a WR just blows the doors off, he's going to need at least 2 seasons to get his stride. And Lamb plays with the #1 on the other side from him.

There are exceptions like Chase but he's playing with his college QB and had a step up on most of the other WR's.

Lamb plays on a spread the wealth offense by design with good receiving backs, a good deep WR corps and an emerging TE. He is going to struggle getting the gaudy numbers like Chase got yesterday.

The real deal about Lamb coming in was his YAC and ability to break tackles and convert short gainers and he has yet to show that near the level he did at OU and in the Big 12 but he is still only in his second year but I do believe he's going to be special.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I feel like he just isn't as good as Dez, and Dez isn't a HOFer. I know we didn't have a lot of better options at 17 except Diggs himself and we got Diggs anyway in the second round. But I think it could have been an overdraft considering Noah Brown and Cedrick Wilson have performed just as well in this offense when given their opportunities on a per snap basis. Lamb drops passes, doesn't make tough contested and spectacular catches. He only catches when he's open. He's not Dez even though the Cowboys painfully obviously try to scheme him to get as many chances as he can.

Opinions??

My opinion is that this post and your hot take are ridiculous

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Opinions??
:lmao2:

Jarntt

Reaction score
Give me CeeDee over Dez every day of the week. We haven't even seen his ceiling yet and he's less likely to tear the team apart from the inside. Why do so many people remember Dez as this great WR? He had 3 really great years in his career and that was pretty much it. CeeDee is pretty much universally accepted as a great pick and if the draft were redone today he'd never last to us. I just don't get some of these threads

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
0csk1i-Ple-Xle-Wcl-Jxz.gif

U0-D6-Ge-R0-OPa-JG.gif

:D

Big_C_KU

Reaction score
Wilson and Brown are no where near the level of CD. It’s laughable this is brought up.

Wilson has made some spectacular catches/non-catches but he is no where near the route runner and RAC WR that CD is. Wilson gets open because of the attention CD, Amari, and the run game receive. If you put Wilson as the #2 WR the target share may go up but the catch % would go down because of the attention would get. Really like Wilson but he’s a 3rd WR at best.

Now Brown is a blocking WR. When he comes into the game (outside of giving CD or Amari a play off) it’s almost a guarantee the initial play call is a run. Brown is extremely reliable because he’s one of the best blocking WRs in the league and he’s been in the system and playing with Dak for 4 years. Dak trusts him to know the play when Dak has to kill the initial play and go to a pass especially if a quick pass is needed he knows Brown understands how to read the defense as well.

Now the comparison to Dez. Dez was one of the top 3-5 WRs in the league for a 3-4 years span. But Dez was a completely different player than CD though. That difference also shortened Dez’s run as a #1 WR because the speed and athleticism would eventually fade. CD plays completely different and that will lend him to having a much longer career than Dez had as a top WR. He may not reach top 3 WR level like Dez but he’ll be a top 10 WR for a good 5-8 years most likely. Also their stats as 2 years starters (Dez didn’t start much and play a lot early on his rookie year so taking years 2 and 3 for Dez) will be very similar if CD keeps up the production this year. Only major difference will be the TDs but Dez was a Redzone WR so his # of TDs are going to be higher plus Dallas runs the ball more in the Redzone now than they did 10 years ago because they have Zeke now.

The Natural

Reaction score
Give me CeeDee over Dez every day of the week. We haven't even seen his ceiling yet and he's less likely to tear the team apart from the inside. Why do so many people remember Dez as this great WR? He had 3 really great years in his career and that was pretty much it. CeeDee is pretty much universally accepted as a great pick and if the draft were redone today he'd never last to us. I just don't get some of these threads
lol @ this goofy narrative. Dez was a wolf surrounded by sheep, he would've fit like a glove with this current team.

"bu but why do so many people remember Dez as this great WR:mad:" him leading the franchise in TD receptions probably has something to do with it. I just don't get some of these posts.

Jarntt

Reaction score
lol @ this goofy narrative. Dez was a wolf surrounded by sheep, he would've fit like a glove with this current team.
I bet you also thought he got a raw deal and was still good when he was cut. You and zero GMs...

3 good years. That's it

aikemirv

Reaction score
Lamb is a much better receiver then Dez ever was. Probably give Dez the nod in strength, but thats about it.

LOL............Lamb only catches when he is open? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

This comment right here shows just how much you dont understand the position or what you are seeing. Dez was RARELY open because he simply wasnt a good enough route runner to get open consistently. Romo knew he had to just throw the ball up even if Dez was covered and Dez would probably win out.

Lamb gets open because he is good at it. He doesnt have to make miracle catches because the CB has been fooled and is in the dust. But he definitely has the ability to make great catches.

Talk to me in about 75 TD's down the road.

Most of your takes are just ridiculous!