Is Ceedee Lamb overrated?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Talk to me in about 75 TD's down the road.

Most of your takes are just ridiculous!

A Dez lover that cant handle the truth?

Its sad because Dez could have been even better if he actually took his craft seriously.

Do you recall at the end promising that he would get an offseason trainer to help with run better routes?

exciter

Reaction score
I feel like he just isn't as good as Dez, and Dez isn't a HOFer. I know we didn't have a lot of better options at 17 except Diggs himself and we got Diggs anyway in the second round. But I think it could have been an overdraft considering Noah Brown and Cedrick Wilson have performed just as well in this offense when given their opportunities on a per snap basis. Lamb drops passes, doesn't make tough contested and spectacular catches. He only catches when he's open. He's not Dez even though the Cowboys painfully obviously try to scheme him to get as many chances as he can.

Opinions??
He may not have the pure physical attributes of Dez, but his mental acuity, comprehension of route tree and route running are light years ahead of Dez on his best day!

Mr_437

Reaction score
One thing I wanted to see this season was could CeeDee burn CB1s n CB2s because he spent his rookie year in the slot. It's been cool to see #88 make plays outside. Interesting when Gallup comes back, how much slot CeeDee plays.

On topic, where is Lamb rated? I haven't heard he was highly rated across the league.

aikemirv

Reaction score
A Dez lover that cant handle the truth?

Its sad because Dez could have been even better if he actually took his craft seriously.

Do you recall at the end promising that he would get an offseason trainer to help with run better routes?
Your not that stupid.....I take that back.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
I feel like he just isn't as good as Dez, and Dez isn't a HOFer. I know we didn't have a lot of better options at 17 except Diggs himself and we got Diggs anyway in the second round. But I think it could have been an overdraft considering Noah Brown and Cedrick Wilson have performed just as well in this offense when given their opportunities on a per snap basis. Lamb drops passes, doesn't make tough contested and spectacular catches. He only catches when he's open. He's not Dez even though the Cowboys painfully obviously try to scheme him to get as many chances as he can.

Opinions??

You've gone off sched on your meds. Double the dose, lie down for at least 4 hours.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Your not that stupid.....I take that back.

Awe............do you you miss Dez the dope? Overpaid and over rated.

One of my favorite days as a Cowboys fan was when Jerry kicked that pant sagging loser to the curb.

And the best was Dak refusing to throw him the ball covered. :lmao2:

GINeric

Reaction score
He said he only makes catches when he's wide open.... well last I checked, it takes talent and skills to even GET open in the NFL. And what was that... he don't make tough catches??? Go to YouTube and check the catch in Minnesota.

With all due respect, I guess you just started watching these Cowboys last Sunday.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

One of my favorite days as a Cowboys fan was when Jerry kicked that pant sagging loser to the curb.

Dez never wore saggy pants

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dez never wore saggy pants

Didnt he get thrown out of the mall for wearing his pants below his butt? Has to be one of the dumbest fads in the history of mankind.

Dont these classless punks know they invented belts thousands of years ago?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He said he only makes catches when he's wide open.... well last I checked, it takes talent and skills to even GET open in the NFL. And what was that... he don't make tough catches??? Go to YouTube and check the catch in Minnesota.

With all due respect, I guess you just started watching these Cowboys last Sunday.
:lmao::lmao2::lmao2::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Didnt he get thrown out of the mall for wearing his pants below his butt? Has to be one of the dumbest fads in the history of mankind.

Dont these classless punks know they invented belts thousands of years ago?
His buddies were sagging but Dez was not He did not like saggy pants

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Dez, first two season: 17 games, 108 catches, 1489 yds, 15 TD, 13.8 ypc
CE, first two season: 22 games (so far), 107 catches, 1432 yds, 9 TD, 13.4 ypc

Very similar stats their first two years. Dez's total would be higher if he handn't been injured and missed 5 games his first two seasons. Dez was a better punt returner early in his career than CD is right now.

All in all, slight edge to Dez, but CD isn't far behind at this stage of their careers. CD is a better route runner now than Dez ever was, so he's got that going for him.

Apart from that Lamb was a number 2 or 3 receiver last season while Dez was the number 1…
There’s also Dak getting injured that needs to be taken into consideration… If Dak didn’t go down last season, Lamb was on track for breaking rookie receiver records.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The disrespect is obscene!

What disrespect???

Dez could outleap many defenders, and at times, he could make a 1 handed catch. But, he never displayed the ability to contort his body the way CeeDee did to make the acrobatically insane catch CeeDee made at the Vikings for a TD last year. CeeDee literally was running towards the left sideline part of the endzone and suddenly stepped, cut and made his body move 90 degrees towards the backside edge of the endzone in a split second while making a 1 handed catch for a TD. There is no way Dez could make his body twist and contort that way, much less be able to suddenly cut and move his body in a 90 degree change of direction the way CeeDee did because Dez never displayed the ability to do that in all of the years he played with the Cowboys and in college with Oklahoma State. CeeDee was making these type of rare body contorting moves and catches when he was in college at Oklahoma, so this is not a slight towards Dez. It's just a fact.

The Natural

Reaction score

giphy.gif

Dez topics really bring them out

sjmike

Reaction score
Dude, don't know what you're smoking but clowning CD after a 9 catch, 149 yard game is ridiculous

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
What disrespect???

Dez could outleap many defenders, and at times, he could make a 1 handed catch. But, he never displayed the ability to contort his body the way CeeDee did to make the acrobatically insane catch CeeDee made at the Vikings for a TD last year. CeeDee literally was running towards the left sideline part of the endzone and suddenly stepped, cut and made his body move 90 degrees towards the backside edge of the endzone in a split second while making a 1 handed catch for a TD. There is no way Dez could make his body twist and contort that way, much less be able to suddenly cut and move his body in a 90 degree change of direction the way CeeDee did because Dez never displayed the ability to do that in all of the years he played with the Cowboys and in college with Oklahoma State. CeeDee was making these type of rare body contorting moves and catches when he was in college at Oklahoma, so this is not a slight towards Dez. It's just a fact.
It was a catch