Is Dak’s accuracy related to too much muscle?

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Only 3 passers were more accurate than Dak's 68.8% this year.

The fact that people are trying to force this conversation even in a year when he was the 4th most accurate in the league is pretty insane and hilarious.

The Donovan McNabb comparison made by the original poster is also insane. McNabb had a completion percentage in the 50's during his stint with the Eagles. There's really no comparing his accuracy to a guy who routinely has a completion percentage in the high 60's. If you look at Dak and see McNabb, as the original poster admits he does, there's really only one explanation for that. And it's a pretty ugly reason.
You are right there is no comparison as McNabb was far, far, far more successful than Dak. Dak's a loser.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Craig Morton had a rifle arm and was great pre injury was also great post injury

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Only 3 passers were more accurate than Dak's 68.8% this year.

The fact that people are trying to force this conversation even in a year when he was the 4th most accurate in the league is pretty insane and hilarious.

The Donovan McNabb comparison made by the original poster is also insane. McNabb had a completion percentage in the 50's during his stint with the Eagles. There's really no comparing his accuracy to a guy who routinely has a completion percentage in the high 60's. If you look at Dak and see McNabb, as the original poster admits he does, there's really only one explanation for that. And it's a pretty ugly reason.

Why are you whining about the McNabb comparison? It's not like he was a terrible QB, he was a good QB that had mobility. It's actually not a bad comparison. Who do you want to compare him to?

Also the McNabb comparison has been around for a while

https://www.clarionledger.com/story...red-newton-mcnabb-prior-senior-bowl/79346580/

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new...van_mcnabb__in_cowboys__dak_prescott/2035295/

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...nabb-jaws-ron-jaworski-espn-nfl-draft-analyst

https://lastwordonsports.com/nfl/2016/09/11/dak-prescott-donvan-mcnabb/

Also guess who was right behind Dak in completion %? Derek Carr with 68.4% and he threw MORE than Dak. I will repeat: It's not that impressive anymore. Just like a 5,000 yard passer isn't either.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
He reminds me of mcnabb. Maybe he could pass from more angles with less weight. I also think cooper needs to drop 10 pounds.

He is inaccurate because he lacks talent. Some guys get more accurate with practice others hit a wall.

He was already known for that when he came out of college. Now its his 6th year in the pros and he still has the same issues.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I think he looked in much better shape as a rookie than he does now.

I don't know if it's muscle or chunkiness, but he has gained a few.

Him and Zeke have been on the same diet since 2016 it seems, fatter and more unathletic every year.
Doesn’t explain away the same issues in college and his scouting report. Kid will never have it or the mentality to break down a defense.

chagus

Reaction score

Even in this throw you can see that CeeDee adjusted his route to the ball. Now, ive been a Dak fan since his second year in the league (i REALLY wanted Romo back) but its prety obvious that Dak has his weaknesses and that defenses countered to stop him. Dallas didnt adjust to Daks strengths. How could our OC have done that? Run Dak more to keep the defense honest? I have no clue. Im no football guru. But... obviously something stopped working for the offense, especially after that Pats game.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
He reminds me of mcnabb. Maybe he could pass from more angles with less weight. I also think cooper needs to drop 10 pounds.

Hmm… That made me think. Off the top of my head, all the best ball slingers in the league are lanky. Russell Wilson is the only top QB that pops up in my head who has a stocky built like Dak.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even in this throw you can see that CeeDee adjusted his route to the ball. Now, ive been a Dak fan since his second year in the league (i REALLY wanted Romo back) but its prety obvious that Dak has his weaknesses and that defenses countered to stop him. Dallas didnt adjust to Daks strengths. How could our OC have done that? Run Dak more to keep the defense honest? I have no clue. Im no football guru. But... obviously something stopped working for the offense, especially after that Pats game.
KEn thinks Dak heaving it up for grabs is some sort of proof "dropping dimes" all over the place. Insulting.

Ken

Reaction score
KEn thinks Dak heaving it up for grabs is some sort of proof "dropping dimes" all over the place. Insulting.
"Heaving it up for grabs"

Where do you see a defender even close to where he threw it?

You guys are all so jaded you can't even acknowledge one of the best throws of the year. pathetic.