Is Dak a so-called bus driver?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, Apr 16, 2019.

1. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

4,923 Messages
    1,544 Likes Received
    Just to put your numbers in perpective: not everybody in the world wants to be a QB and not everybody in the world is competing for that position.

jwitten82 and Fastpitch Dad like this.
  2. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

35,075 Messages
    32,519 Likes Received

NO...if you think otherwise you are an unrealistic fan....

Plumfool and Rockport like this.
  3. WillieBeamen

WillieBeamen BoysfanfromNY

5,779 Messages
    14,147 Likes Received
    The games without Zeke and before Amari prove me right and you wrong.

Again, whats our record when Zeke gets the ball over 20 time?

4. jazzcat22

35,075 Messages
    32,519 Likes Received
    7,530,000,000?
    Not 7,753,649,203? I mean what are the odds of it being an exact number? About the same as us winning a SB in 23 years? :lmao2:

5. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

11,433 Messages
    8,797 Likes Received
    How do you define "bus driver". I think most would say it's a player who rarely ever carries the team with his arm and relies more on safe passes and a running game to gain yardage and score points.

However, if one followed that by saying that defines Troy Aikman, they likely would backpedal. The reality is, Troy never had a 20 TD season, and he averaged less than 200 yards per game over his career (199.6).

So, that leaves the question of whether there are assets aside from passing stats that can elevate a player above "bus driver" status.

With Aikman, most would point to his leadership, and his demand for excellence and precision and hard work and dedication. He was the man in control and that directed the offense on the field. Dak seems to have some of that, but I can't say it's enough to put him in the same category with Aikman. Dak does put up better passing stats though, and has a better QB rating.

So where does that leave us? For me, I would say Dak is more than a bus driver. What I don't yet know is how far he can take us given the current team, including coaching and players.

6. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

9,434 Messages
    14,471 Likes Received
    He's a bus driver but his bus is a little better than the standard bus.

7. jazzcat22

35,075 Messages
    32,519 Likes Received
    It proves nothing. And it is not about being right or wrong.
    Last time I checked it is a team sport, not a QB w/l contest.

8. WillieBeamen

WillieBeamen BoysfanfromNY

5,779 Messages
    14,147 Likes Received
    It proves everything to the informed. Maybe thats why its escaped you.

9. jazzcat22

35,075 Messages
    32,519 Likes Received
    Yeah, Brady is a bus driver, but he has Belichick as his navigator. Dak has Garrett. :muttley:

10. jazzcat22

35,075 Messages
    32,519 Likes Received
    So out with the insults are you. Tells me your opinion means nothing. You never seem to like anything anyway.

11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

94,461 Messages
    19,806 Likes Received
    A Bus driver? A person whose job is to get people to their destination while the passengers sit back? Sure why not. I really do not care about a 1 man show I want this team to achieve the team goal of winning the SB and yes I think Dak can be an important part of that goal.

jazzcat22, OmerV and Hawkeye0202 like this.
  12. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

23,806 Messages
    12,428 Likes Received
    Yep, way too many games under 200 yards passing.

13. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

4,923 Messages
    1,544 Likes Received
    Good example that it needs detailed work when it comes to interpreting statistics.

Thanks alot for this. It matches so much more with what you see on TV when he plays.

Fastpitch Dad likes this.
  14. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

12,800 Messages
    6,213 Likes Received
    Define a "bus driver"

all qbs are bus drivers, lets face facts, if the NFL does not screw dez and Cowboys do beat the Packers, is this a debate? Dak hasnt been fairlyy used. Dallas thinks it can do with Dak that it did with Romo ad thats nnot fair.

Hawkeye0202 likes this.
  15. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

15,368 Messages
    16,927 Likes Received
    I agree with you he isn't top 10 yet but i have him around the 12 range. I wouldn't mind 23 a year because anytime you get a player cheaper it's a good thing. Wilson is making 35 a year now i think and QBs like Goff, Mahomes, Wentz etc. are going to get more than Dak. Personally i think Dak gets between 25-28, I'm ok with that as other QBs will get more. 28 is borderline and no way he should get more than that, 28 should be his starting point and we negotiate down from there.

16. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

2,692 Messages
    2,185 Likes Received
    Wasn’t Romo the QB for the non-catch? What does that have to do with Dak? In fact, if Romo won that game, he may have gone to the Suoer Bowl and thus he probably wouldn’t have been benched for Dak at the end of 2016, and may have very well come back for 2017. literally the opposite of your point.

17. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Well-Known Member

6,699 Messages
    5,528 Likes Received
    he is not close to a Russell Wilson he is a middle of the road qb who u could win with IF the coaching was up to nfl standard no way he is worth Russell Wilson money but he will get because the jones believe he is the end all be all I think they will regret it but that's just me

WillieBeamen likes this.
  18. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

94,461 Messages
    19,806 Likes Received
    Romo could not win either was that also the coaching standard? I agree in that Dak should not be in line for a deal similar to Wilson. Stephen has already said they will not be paying Dak Rodgers type money which is that is the case then they will not be paying out Wilson money

19. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

9,417 Messages
    4,256 Likes Received
    And too many close games that should be comfortable wins. The defense saved a lot of those close games.

20. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Well-Known Member

6,699 Messages
    5,528 Likes Received
    the coaching didn't help Romo's cause either

WillieBeamen likes this.