Is Dak Disrespecting the Cowboys?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I finally figured I would rather have talent on the field rather than better numbers on a spreadsheet. And while there may be bette talent in the league, it’s hard to actually have access to that talent. We can’t just go get Mahomes from KC because he is better than Dak.

Exactly! I watch football because it's fun. I don't necessarily want to be bothered with the math of the salary cap. Let the players, agents, and owners deal with that. I don't need to know what they earn.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Great story of turning a negative event into a positive life changing decision. You didn’t sit there and stew over it you moved on and found something better.

Had to, bills were coming in and the Boy was gonna keep eating so.................

:laugh:

But thank you for saying that.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
All of the pundits and former players on the NFL shows say that the Cowboys are disrespecting Dak by not caving into his demands. Well, it can just as easy to say that Dak is disrespecting the Cowboys by holding out for a contract that will put him in the top tear of QB's pay wise while not achieving Top Tear success on the field. Along with not seeming to care that meeting his demands will hinder the teams ability to field a team necessary to help them achieve post season success.

lol...uh, no...they are not disrespecting Dak and Dak is not disrespecting the Cowboys. There is only going to be one winner in this pee pee contest, since both are already rich. If the Cowboys get er done, and Dak is cool? All good...

If Dak gets signed, the pressure is on him and the Cowboys...

It's us stupid Cowboy fans that don't get any respect...not sure if any is coming anytime soon if this gets worked out.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
All of the pundits and former players on the NFL shows say that the Cowboys are disrespecting Dak by not caving into his demands. Well, it can just as easy to say that Dak is disrespecting the Cowboys by holding out for a contract that will put him in the top tear of QB's pay wise while not achieving Top Tear success on the field. Along with not seeming to care that meeting his demands will hinder the teams ability to field a team necessary to help them achieve post season success.

Really???

It’s a business not an emotional support queue. Can’t imagine France and Stephen acting on a 3rd grade taunts and dozens level. Although I must admit it would be entertaining.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
no way did you see those stats that were converted to wins by stats Prescott, well I didn't either. Stipulate that if he can't outrun Witten he takes 25 mill and a box of kleenex.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Romo got paid elite $$$ while not achieving top tier success on field..
and how did that work out??
Want to do it again?
market value for players is not smart, that why the rams and SF and other teams are trying to unload qb's they paid market value for.
Market value is crazy.
Value to the team is what it should be about, and how good is the player, and how has the team done with him.

edit
look at KC, they paid mahomes 45 mil a year , but he was best qb in NFL, there is no disputing that.
The team has done very good with him @ qb, 2 afc champs and 1 SB win.

So looking at that if mahomes is 45, the next qb has to be 10 mil lower, and that is only if
he is clearly # 2 in nfl.

That puts dak down in area of 25-30 mil a year.
And put in contract if he wins a SB or nfc champ, he gets more money for doing that.

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I said it in another thread. Dak is fine. He is rehabilitating at the Star. Only stupid fans and mediots are worrying about Dak’s contract.
The issue is the years not the money. He wants another bite at the apple.

And why does "He want another bite at the apple"? More money. It's not just years. Yes the years were previously said to be a sticking point, but money is still irrevocably part of the equation. Depending on the situation with the salary cap, negotiations could get even more difficult this year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry and JUNYA disrespecting Dak
iu

Kwyn

Reaction score

those words you typed? They form sentences and those sentences are pretty much invented fantasies from rehashed message board ramblings

Unless you are part of the Cowboys or part of Dak’s team, you really have no idea because neither party is saying any of they stuff

Steve007

Reaction score
No chances are the 1st year of the deal will be cap friendly with much of the money pushed towards to tail end, as the cap grows and as we restructure contracts they will be able to free up money. So no I don't buy into this false window BS
That's why the Cowboys want a longer deal so they can push the money on the tail end. Dak Wants a shorter deal to get more money on the next contract.

visionary

Reaction score

Dak will make tons of money
Jerry and Cowboys will make even more money

the only people being disrespected are stupid Cowboys fans who are rooting for one average player to get paid elite money even though it affects the team negatively