Is Dak Disrespecting the Cowboys?

kskboys

Reaction score
Really???

It’s a business not an emotional support queue. Can’t imagine France and Stephen acting on a 3rd grade taunts and dozens level. Although I must admit it would be entertaining.
W/ Jerry and Stephen, I sure can.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's the other way around. The Cowboys are disrespecting Dak. Give the man a decent offer or let him get that deal from another team of his choosing but stop playing childish games.

Beaker42

Reaction score
All of the pundits and former players on the NFL shows say that the Cowboys are disrespecting Dak by not caving into his demands. Well, it can just as easy to say that Dak is disrespecting the Cowboys by holding out for a contract that will put him in the top tear of QB's pay wise while not achieving Top Tear success on the field. Along with not seeming to care that meeting his demands will hinder the teams ability to field a team necessary to help them achieve post season success.
Tier, not tear.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It is a decent offer. Tell him to take his 4yr want and beat it. Tag and trade him.
It's not what he wants, he's not being unreasonable. You are obviously a Dak hater. That's fine, we can't all be of sound mind. We have different opinions. The difference is I tell people this is my opinion and you just expect everyone to accept your opinion as fact.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And then Daks contract will be up for renewal and he will want another 20% of the cap space. It's grounding day, that's why he wanted a 4 year deal, so he can screw the team in perpetuity.

It's not the dollars it's the length and its effect on the cap, Dak wants to eat his cake now and again when the cap goes up in future.

This QB driven league ( instigated by the commisioner) has teams gutting themselves to pay stupid QB salaries and praying the draft works out.

Pay him this cash now and this team has little or no chance of winning a SB. He just isn't that great a QB. Even with the weapons ( which will go eventually as a result of his salary).

Good guy, team like him. Bad business. However, saying all that the Jones gang will give him more or less what he wants, this site will moan when we go at best one and done and those that banged the Dak drum will slide away or change their username and join in the criticism.

Plus ca change.

and that is your opinion, others who cover the NFL do not agree with that, nor do. I think Dak is a very good QB who has consistently shown improvement in his game and I fully believe he can lead this team to a SB. As for the pay it is the market. Fine you want to get rid of QB every 4 years that is on you.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All of the pundits and former players on the NFL shows say that the Cowboys are disrespecting Dak by not caving into his demands. Well, it can just as easy to say that Dak is disrespecting the Cowboys by holding out for a contract that will put him in the top tear of QB's pay wise while not achieving Top Tear success on the field. Along with not seeming to care that meeting his demands will hinder the teams ability to field a team necessary to help them achieve post season success.

Not shocking. Former players tend to always be on the side of current players when it comes to money. But, they aren't the ones that have to figure out how to improve the team with fewer cap dollars.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I guess you’d need to believe this dysfunctional franchise can put together a championship caliber team either way.

Appears to me this franchise has been lost without their QB’s keeping this franchise “ relative and interesting “.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not shocking. Former players tend to always be on the side of current players when it comes to money. But, they aren't the ones that have to figure out how to improve the team with fewer cap dollars.
Yea, why blame Dak. It’s on our organization to make it work.

Whether you’re a critic of Dak or not , and I have been on many fronts much like I was with Romo , we don’t have much without either.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah he’s disrespecting the Cowboys by taking less money. LMAO

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak is putting his pockets before winning.

He's convinced himself, like some of you on here, that the money he makes doesn't matter and he can have his cake and eat it too.

We might open a 1 year window in 3 or 4 years if we're lucky.
Yeah that’s why he isn’t getting paid yet. Unbelievable

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo got paid elite $$$ while not achieving top tier success on field..
I'd say his last year as a starter (2014) he for sure delivered top tier results
No player in NFL history had led the league in passer rating in both the regular season and playoffs like he did that year.
Unfortunately, 2011-2013 team rosters would lend credence to the argument that a high QB salary pulls from other parts of the team.
Those offensive lines and defenses were putrid.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
If only I could post a pic of Rodney Dangerfield!! :p
ClZsO35WAAARjSW.jpg

lostar2009

Reaction score
Nothing is disrespectful yet. But if they can't come to terms this year then I say yeah. Low ball Dak after his foot was hanging in skin. Just trade him if you don't want him.