Is Dak on Wentz level or bus driver?

DallasDomination

Reaction score
When it comes to pure passing ability wentz is better. It' pretty obvious to be honest.

But dak is on a solid level and runs the offense just fine. Im sure he'll get better with time.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
The counter to those arguments is that stats are for losers and they know what their eyes tell them.

I’m actually amazed at the patience you’ve had over the years in fighting these battles. Is there any arena outside of sports in which people advance such anti-intellectual propositions so unabashedly? It’s like they’re proud of being ignorant.

It’s functionally the equivalent of continuing to insist Earth is flat, half a millennium after Columbus and in a world that includes satellite technology, because that’s what their senses tell them.

This is how jocks (and maybe sports fans in general) acquire reputations for being meatheads.

mrmojo

Reaction score
A lot of Eagle fans on this board disguised as Cowboy fans...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Eh. Maybe it’s that his cleverness justifies the obvious embellishment and provocation. You seriously didn’t get a chuckle out of the McNabb line? I’d have thought a guy as playful as you would appreciate a bit of teasing (and seeing others get all worked up about it). Why so serious all of a sudden?
I got sucked.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You raise some interesting questions.

Even over these next 6 games we may not have the answer. It will still be subjective.

If the cowboys go 4-2. People may argue they would be 6-0 with Zeke. And some people will say “see they went 4-2 without him. We don’t need a RB of that caliber”.

If the cowboys tank during these 6 games, then taking Zeke #4 overall will seem genius.

I think it’s also important to remember the state of the team when he was drafted.

At the time we had an aging QB, coming off major injury, that we didn’t know how much time he had left. Part of taking Zeke was to keep
Pressure off him and also to be the centerpiece of the offense once he was done and we didn’t know who would be replacing the QB.

We also had a bad defense.

Now we have a young pro bowl QB and our defense seems to be trending up ( we shall see).

So the situation surrounding Zeke is far different than when we drafted him. At that time
Nobody anticipated having a pro bowl QB to take over after Romo.

You're almost certainly right that nothing will get resolved, either way. I had a momentary lapse of judgement there.

EaglesFan1

Reaction score
It's bizarre to me how Dak is outperforming Wentz statistically, and yet 'cowboy fans' are sitting around drooling over the qb for a division rival.

Huhh? Have you seen the stats this year. Wentz has a lot better numbers. I think youre looking at 2016.

EaglesFan1

Reaction score
Carson "I can't progress through my reads good thing I'm in a college offense" Wentz? No thanks.

Thats probably the most ridiculous post in the history of posts. The guy is in the lead for MVP this year. You wouldnt want a 24 year old MVP QB? He progresses through his reads tremendously well and keeps his eyes down field. Have you seen play after play after play where hes being chased down and hooks up and short, medium and deep passes. Ridiculous post.

EaglesFan1

Reaction score
Wake me up when Wentz finds a time machine, wins 13 games and garners the OROTY....all the while smashing rookie records.

Carson “one read and run” Wentz.

Would a MVP award work? This "one read" crap is totally and completely incorrect. He spreads the ball over over the field. Theres a reason he's in the lead for the MVP race. I love Dak and think he is a perfect fit for the Cowboys but if you go look at SI's MVP race Dak didnt make the top 10 list, Wentz is at #1 currently.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
When it comes to pure passing ability wentz is better. It' pretty obvious to be honest.

But dak is on a solid level and runs the offense just fine. Im sure he'll get better with time.

Not obvious to my eyes. What's obvious is Wentz has a 60.5% completion %, while Dak is at 62.9%. It's only obvious on what you want to see.

River82

Reaction score
Thats probably the most ridiculous post in the history of posts. The guy is in the lead for MVP this year. You wouldnt want a 24 year old MVP QB? He progresses through his reads tremendously well and keeps his eyes down field. Have you seen play after play after play where hes being chased down and hooks up and short, medium and deep passes. Ridiculous post.

If I'm getting this sort of reply on a Cowboys forum, maybe I should head over to the Eagles' forum and be a "Risen Star" poster over there. Shouldn't be too hard.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Would a MVP award work? This "one read" crap is totally and completely incorrect. He spreads the ball over over the field. Theres a reason he's in the lead for the MVP race. I love Dak and think he is a perfect fit for the Cowboys but if you go look at SI's MVP race Dak didnt make the top 10 list, Wentz is at #1 currently.

Not happenin' to a guy who completes 60.5% of his passes. Alex Smith and Tom Brady are having better qb's seasons overall than Wentz. Only thing Wentz has better are his td's.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
The eye test.

I think dak can make all the throws just like wentz. I'm not a Dak hater either. I'm just trying to be as honest as possible. Wentz throws the ball better. Great power, throws with touch if he needs to. Can throw on the run. His deep ball is very good. His short to mid range throws are on target.

Dak does everything well too. .it just doesn't look as easy. Thats why I think wentz is a better pure passer.

Is he a better leader? Does he make better decisions? I dont know. Dak seems to have a lot going for him too.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Show me where in the NFL office that is a fact.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Huhh? Have you seen the stats this year. Wentz has a lot better numbers. I think youre looking at 2016.

Wentz does not have “a lot better numbers” than Dak does.

They are both averaging 2.5 TD/game.

Wentz is throwing for about 25-30 more yards per game.

Dak has the higher completion percentage.

Wentz has 1 more Int (in 1 more game than Dak).

The truth is, their numbers are VERY similar. Neither has significantly better numbers than the other.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Not obvious to my eyes. What's obvious is Wentz has a 60.5% completion %, while Dak is at 62.9%. It's only obvious on what you want to see.
I can easily be convinced otherwise..its an argument I have no intention of fighting.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
The eye test.

I think dak can make all the throws just like wentz. I'm not a Dak hater either. I'm just trying to be as honest as possible. Wentz throws the ball better. Great power, throws with touch if he needs to. Can throw on the run. His deep ball is very good. His short to mid range throws are on target.

Dak does everything well too. .it just doesn't look as easy. Thats why I think wentz is a better pure passer.

Is he a better leader? Does he make better decisions? I dont know. Dak seems to have a lot going for him too.

Again not in my eye test. 60.5% completion is not throwing the ball better.

EaglesFan1

Reaction score
Not happenin' to a guy who completes 60.5% of his passes. Alex Smith and Tom Brady are having better qb's seasons overall than Wentz. Only thing Wentz has better are his td's.

Alex Smith was in the lead for MVP but not after losing 3 of his last 4. Wentz is in the lead for MVP. He has been absolutely phenomenal. He is even better on 3rd down and leads the NFL on third down conversion. Freaking guy is like 50% on 3rd and 10 or longer. 50 PERCENT. Now dont spin this into me not thinking Dak is a very good QB... but Wentz is playing like an MVP. 14 TD's in his last four games. He just dropped 51 points on the best D in the NFL.