Is Dak on Wentz level or bus driver?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
We find out over next 6 weeks. I know the loss of Zeke hurts but it allows Cowboys to truly know what they have at QB & even Rod Smith. It also puts some responsibility on WRs who I think have gone silent for long stretches. Alot of answers coming.

For the love of whatever higher being you believe in, quit acting like Wentz is doing this all on his own. His defense is much better than Dak's. His run game is right behind Dallas. His WR's are right on par, too. I don't get this false narrative that Wentz has nothing around him.

Dak has been better in every aspect so far in their careers.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Wait, what?

Wentz is now the standard by which we judge QBs? Not Tom Brady, not Aaron Rogers, but Carson freaking Wentz?

Wow...........this thread..............no words:facepalm:

And this is what I mean by there being a difference in giving Wentz credit for playing well and then going overboard and praising him like he is the benchmark for all NFL QB's now.

StylisticS

Reaction score
For the love of whatever higher being you believe in, quit acting like Wentz is doing this all on his own. His defense is much better than Dak's. His run game is right behind Dallas. His WR's are right on par, too. I don't get this false narrative that Wentz has nothing around him.

Dak has been better in every aspect so far in their careers.
I agree. Dak is sitting at 7-1 or 6-2 if his defense didn’t crap the bed against the Packers and Rams. We have not lost games this year solely because of Dak.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what forum you're on. The reality of the two players doesn't change.

It's also not love. That's what children say when they can't stand the truth. Tom Brady has been the best QB in NFL history. I far from love him.

Wentz is the new Brady only way better.

Prescott's like a poor man's Donovan McNabb only we're the ones that vomit when he's on the field.

Ya know, I'm normally a huge fan of reading your posts, and comments, but this has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
We find out over next 6 weeks. I know the loss of Zeke hurts but it allows Cowboys to truly know what they have at QB & even Rod Smith. It also puts some responsibility on WRs who I think have gone silent for long stretches. Alot of answers coming.
I’ll say this, this offense is built for the run. loosing Zeke hurts badly. But it also allows Dallas to find out what it’s holes are without him. Meaning if Zeke goes down in the future Dallas may be more equipped to deal with it. I’m betting Witten looks a lot slower in Zekes absence

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I agree. Dak is sitting at 7-1 or 6-2 if his defense didn’t crap the bed against the Packers and Rams. We have not lost games this year solely because of Dak.

Thank you! If anything, Dak has gotten better than he was last season. That's like blaming him for the playoff loss last year. :facepalm:

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Take a look at their career stats so far. Pretty clear Dak is at the very least on the same level if not better.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Honestly, friends, I think this overworked conjecture over Dak vs. Wentz grew routinely boring and tiresome long ago. They have both proven themselves to be very good QBs, despite any home team preferences that surely exist hereabouts. Why not give due credit to both and leave it at that? Both of them are going to serve their respective teams well for a long time to come. I love Dak but I truly believe it's high time and fair to admit that both are very good now.

Last edited:

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Okay @Ranching
You keep defending his trolling like a good little maid.
Clean up dem messes.

Eh. Maybe it’s that his cleverness justifies the obvious embellishment and provocation. You seriously didn’t get a chuckle out of the McNabb line? I’d have thought a guy as playful as you would appreciate a bit of teasing (and seeing others get all worked up about it). Why so serious all of a sudden?

haleyrules

Reaction score
Honestly, friends, I think this overworked conjecture over Dak vs. Wentz grew routinely boring and tiresome long ago. They have both proven themselves to be very good QBs, despite any home team preferences that surely exist hereabouts. Why not give due credit to both and leave it at that? Both of them are going to serve their respective teams well for a long time to come. I love Dak but I truly believe it's fair to admit that now.
Amen.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
How many Dak and Wentz threads do we need? What's next, who has the bigger dick? Can we go one day without a Dak vs. Wentz thread??????

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gonna find out some interesting stuff the next 6 weeks.

- Can Prescott succeed at a high level without Elliott?

and

- If Prescott does in fact continue to play at a high level and the running game is actually still good, does it call into question using the 4th pick in the draft on a TB?

I suspect the answers are Prescott is a really good QB and our running game will be OK, just not as potent as with Elliott.

You might not have been here for it yet, but we've had some fairly bare-knuckled debates on CZ about the importance of an effective running game over the years. The primary point being that *statistically* having an effective running game relative to the rest of the league does not generally help teams score more often (effective short yardage and goal line running is an exception). The idea being that even an average running game can get you into the downs and distances an NFL passing game needs to be in in order to succeed, and that exceptional QBs are so much more valuable than regular QBs, that the running game advantages basically get lost in the wash of a really effective passing game.

The counter to those arguments is that stats are for losers and they know what their eyes tell them. Being a loser, I'm on the stats side of the argument.

So, we're about to get the answers to those questions, too.

I think you're right, though, that we're going to see still above-average running game production and that Dak continues to be really effective. Honestly, I'm more worried about the snaps where Zeke didn't touch the ball than I am about replacing the rushes. He's such a good pass protector, and that's an area where Morris wasn't great.

It will answer once and for all the questions bout Dak, though. Ha. Not really.

But it'll answer the needs-Zeke-to-be-effective question, at least.

Wood

Reaction score
I’ll say this, this offense is built for the run. loosing Zeke hurts badly. But it also allows Dallas to find out what it’s holes are without him. Meaning if Zeke goes down in the future Dallas may be more equipped to deal with it. I’m betting Witten looks a lot slower in Zekes absence

I think this is opportunity for Dallas to get better in other areas (notably passing). I would try Beasley & Switzer on field together in 4 WR formations. If Dallas tries to play this safe (same formations they ran with Zeke) I think they are in trouble. If they think little outside the box I think they have chance. Like play Rod Smith over Morris/McFadden, short drop throws to WR similar to what Dallas did when Dez missed games last year. Dallas needs to take risk here to stay in wild card race.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You might not have been here for it yet, but we've had some fairly bare-knuckled debates on CZ about the importance of an effective running game over the years. The primary point being that *statistically* having an effective running game relative to the rest of the league does not generally help teams score more often (effective short yardage and goal line running is an exception). The idea being that even an average running game can get you into the downs and distances an NFL passing game needs to be in in order to succeed, and that exceptional QBs are so much more valuable than regular QBs, that the running game advantages basically get lost in the wash of a really effective passing game.

The counter to those arguments is that stats are for losers and they know what their eyes tell them. Being a loser, I'm on the stats side of the argument.

So, we're about to get the answers to those questions, too.

I think you're right, though, that we're going to see still above-average running game production and that Dak continues to be really effective. Honestly, I'm more worried about the snaps where Zeke didn't touch the ball than I am about replacing the rushes. He's such a good pass protector, and that's an area where Morris wasn't great.

It will answer once and for all the questions bout Dak, though. Ha. Not really.

But it'll answer the needs-Zeke-to-be-effective question, at least.

You raise some interesting questions.

Even over these next 6 games we may not have the answer. It will still be subjective.

If the cowboys go 4-2. People may argue they would be 6-0 with Zeke. And some people will say “see they went 4-2 without him. We don’t need a RB of that caliber”.

If the cowboys tank during these 6 games, then taking Zeke #4 overall will seem genius.

I think it’s also important to remember the state of the team when he was drafted.

At the time we had an aging QB, coming off major injury, that we didn’t know how much time he had left. Part of taking Zeke was to keep
Pressure off him and also to be the centerpiece of the offense once he was done and we didn’t know who would be replacing the QB.

We also had a bad defense.

Now we have a young pro bowl QB and our defense seems to be trending up ( we shall see).

So the situation surrounding Zeke is far different than when we drafted him. At that time
Nobody anticipated having a pro bowl QB to take over after Romo.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
its embarrassing posts like this come from Cowboy fans. Wentz is in a offense thats like dallas , runs the ball and dominated by short and intermediate passes. Seems like ur drinking the ESPN love juice. ESPN drives eagle love down our throats every yr. Wentz is finally living up to what hes supposed to be. Dak has been playing at this level Wentz is playing at for 2 yrs.