Is Dak only a Tier 2 QB?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More double standards .

Amazing how the Dak trolls come out of the woodwork when not directly called out. Lol

You state you're a Cowboy fan.....well bud are you happy that with all that talent around our Leader we are 1-13 against playoff teams?
eac529fd-46e0-44d5-8ea8-61a4b8d32417_text.gif

GINeric

Reaction score
I have no problem with this list. Dak is definitely is a tier 2 quarterback. As much as people like to down play it, its been said by many NFL professionals from GMs all the way down to the players.

His production also back that up.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Did you watch the regular season games? seems odd you would and then not watch the playoff game purposly, I get you may have had little faith in a win but to be able to skip it as a Cowboys fan would be tough I would think. Now if you turned it off at half out of anger, i get that.
After the Cardinals game and all the drama leading up to it (League figured Dak out and Jerry once again trying to throw the WR unit under the bus) . . I knew this team wasn't a cohesive unit.

Dak was spiraling downward what is the point.

Best part of the game was the Dak melt down on the field and during the press conference.

Until Dak is gone I am just like MEH about this team

NotForLong

Reaction score
How could you miss how Dak forgot to give the ball to the ref after 6seasons of football he still hasn't learned the basics???
And how he pounded the Niners the first 3 Quarters with 7 pts?
Shame and you call yourself a Cowboy fan????:(
:lmao2:
I know . . . I had to miss out on the annual Cowboy Disappointment to End the Season . . . But I did get to watch the Dak sideshow at the end:muttley:

NotForLong

Reaction score
I have no problem with this list. Dak is definitely is a tier 2 quarterback. As much as people like to down play it, its been said by many NFL professionals from GMs all the way down to the players.

His production also back that up.
Lets see what happens this year with no Amari or Wilson or Gallup for a big portion of the season.

This is the year He shows His true colors . I think Moore is out of Smoke & Mirrors to elevate Dak. . . We shall see where He ranks next year . . . I predict a Free Fall

GINeric

Reaction score
Lets see what happens this year with no Amari or Wilson or Gallup for a big portion of the season.

This is the year He shows His true colors . I think Moore is out of Smoke & Mirrors to elevate Dak. . . We shall see where He ranks next year . . . I predict a Free Fall

Well Dak don't have alot to work with, so he's definitely going to have to work much harder. There are alot of fake *** fans here praying for him to fail more than hoping the Cowboys as a team to succeed, but we'll see!!

shabazz

Reaction score
This has been me for the last 6 seasons . . . I didn't even bother to watch the Playoff game last year . . . And I am glad I didn't

I watched it but the outcome was predictable. The ending was poetic justice., Unfortunately

TwentyOne

Reaction score
With Dallas Cowboys training camp practices on the horizon, eyes will be on the field for the first time in a while. The person that will likely be the center of attention is the face of the franchise, quarterback Dak Prescott.

Prescott is to many a highly regarded talent in the league, but according to a survey by The Athletic of 50 coaches and executives across the NFL, Prescott is a Tier 2 quarterback. In fact, he comes in just outside of the top 10 at No. 11.

Tier 1:
1. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers (1.00 Voting Average)
2. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs (1.02)
3. Tom Brady, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1.16)
4. Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills (1.22)
5. Justin Herbert, Los Angeles Chargers (1.28)
6. Joe Burrow, Cincinnati Bengals (1.34)
Tier 2:
7. Matthew Stafford, Los Angeles Rams (1.68)
8. Russell Wilson, Denver Broncos (1.72)
9. Deshaun Watson, Cleveland Browns (1.88)
10. Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens (2.00)
11. Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys (2.10)
12. Derek Carr, Las Vegas Raiders (2.10)
13. Kyler Murray, Arizona Cardinals (2.32)
14. Matt Ryan, Indianapolis Colts (2.46)

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-rumor-update-quarterback-dak-prescott-training-camp

With those tiers his in T3

NotForLong

Reaction score
Well Dak don't have alot to work with, so he's definitely going to have to work much harder. There are alot of fake *** fans here praying for him to fail more than hoping the Cowboys as a team to succeed, but we'll see!!

The Cowboys have a huge Fan Base . . . So I am sure there may be fans like that . . . but there are also fans like me Who have watched Dak every year . . . and every year watching the season end with the NFL figuring Dak out.

And every time the next year I have hope . . . One year I was even trying to instill hope into @PAPPYDOG as of 2022 I am done with the false hope just for the sake of it . . . Its what has me dangling on Jerry's line all these years

I love the Cowboys and I love that we finally have a generational talent in Micah . . . And if the Cowboys won the Super Bowl I would be ecstatic . . . I wouldn't be mad because Dak was apart of it.

When I speak on Dak I speak as a fan who loves the team . . . 6 years later Dak is who He is . . . A liability in the Red Zone which means He can't get it done when the pressure is on . . . Which means He will never led this team to anything.

You see I am one of the ones that have been saying that Dak's passes are difficult to catch since Dez. . . Meanwhile an amazing talent like CD Lamb is constantly roasted in this forum for drops. . . I have been fearful that one of Dak's wild passes would get CD hurt . . . Meanwhile its poor Gallup that is the one that got injured . . .

Then Amari spoke up against Jerry and now He is gone . . . Dak has had no success without Amari (besides the magical Season of the Offensive Line aka 2016)

This year will be the Dak sheet show.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Hmmm...you must be very busy correcting the internet. Academic papers, government documents, literature, newspapers.

I'm reading a book by Modesitt, Jr. Half way through and already three misspellings. Somehow I made it through.

Damnit, man, I canna be everywhere!
And I hate myself for using exclamation points!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys have a huge Fan Base . . . So I am sure there may be fans like that . . . but there are also fans like me Who have watched Dak every year . . . and every year watching the season end with the NFL figuring Dak out.

And every time the next year I have hope . . . One year I was even trying to instill hope into @PAPPYDOG as of 2022 I am done with the false hope just for the sake of it . . . Its what has me dangling on Jerry's line all these years

I love the Cowboys and I love that we finally have a generational talent in Micah . . . And if the Cowboys won the Super Bowl I would be ecstatic . . . I wouldn't be mad because Dak was apart of it.

When I speak on Dak I speak as a fan who loves the team . . . 6 years later Dak is who He is . . . A liability in the Red Zone which means He can't get it done when the pressure is on . . . Which means He will never led this team to anything.

You see I am one of the ones that have been saying that Dak's passes are difficult to catch since Dez. . . Meanwhile an amazing talent like CD Lamb is constantly roasted in this forum for drops. . . I have been fearful that one of Dak's wild passes would get CD hurt . . . Meanwhile its poor Gallup that is the one that got injured . . .

Then Amari spoke up against Jerry and now He is gone . . . Dak has had no success without Amari (besides the magical Season of the Offensive Line aka 2016)

This year will be the Dak sheet show.

This issue has gone beyond Dak and most of his supporters have clouded their football judgment with passions that have no business in the NFL or in any Sports venue.
No matter how much Dak stinks it up in crunch time it will always be Dak or Bust for these Dak lovers.
Shame but then again the world turns as the world turns.......
P.S. I'm just here for the laughs and to tune in to REAL Cowboys fans who put the STAR above all.....yes including Dak!!!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This issue has gone beyond Dak and most of his supporters have clouded their football judgment with passions that have no business in the NFL or in any Sports venue.
No matter how much Dak stinks it up in crunch time it will always be Dak or Bust for these Dak lovers.
P.S. I'm just here for the laughs and to tune in to REAL Cowboys fans who put the STAR above all.....yes including Dak!!!
Bahahahahaha!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You're a true Cowboys fan, Pappy.

There is no player bigger than this team and there never will be. You, I, and at least 80% of this board understands that (judging by the poll you posts). We want winners and will accept nothing less.

Let the Dak fans enjoy Dak for the last few years they have him here, then they will move on with him. If they don't move on then we can just laugh and make fun of them for hitching their wagons so firmly to a loser QB.

However, when Dak leaves I see a lot of "new accounts" being created regardless to give themselves a fresh start.

NotForLong

Reaction score

There is no player bigger than this team and there never will be. You, I, and at least 80% of this board understands that (judging by the poll you posts). We want winners and will accept nothing less.

Let the Dak fans enjoy Dak for the last few years they have him here, then they will move on with him. If they don't move on then we can just laugh and make fun of them for hitching their wagons so firmly to a loser QB.

However, when Dak leaves I see a lot of "new accounts" being created regardless to give themselves a fresh start.
true story

Diehardblues

Reaction score
A self-admitted troll who clams to be trolling the trolls...lecturing about the trolling. Priceless!
So, you’re defending the Dak trolls . This is what you want more of in Cowboys forum?

Instead you choose to take on the one attempting to clean it up or at least expose it.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Right there is no player bigger than the team...again seems kinda stone/glass house to say that while hoping the QB fails and knowing if he fails so will the team...same "Player over team" scenario just reversed.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Right there is no player bigger than the team...again seems kinda stone/glass house to say that while hoping the QB fails and knowing if he fails so will the team...same "Player over team" scenario just reversed.
I'm still waiting for you or anybody to posts where somebody literally says they hope Dak fails.

That's this made up thing in ya'lls head to justify to yourself this weird obsession with defending Dak from criticism at all costs.

I'll ask again... Please, show me where somebody flat out says "I hope Dak fails".

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for you or anybody to posts where somebody literally says they hope Dak fails.

That's this made up thing in ya'lls head to justify to yourself this weird obsession with defending Dak from criticism at all costs.

I'll ask again... Please, show me where somebody flat out says "I hope Dak fails".

You said Pappy was a true fan correct? I find it hard to believe you have not seen what he posts about Dak...he had a whole great time over the injury even had funny pictures made up knowing his injury hurt the team badly...again you can say that all you want but they have posted it.