Is Dak only a Tier 2 QB?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Joe Flacco had the best post season for a QB in NFL history. His defense gave up over 30 points TWICE in those playoffs and they still won.

Eli Manning is a 2 time Super Bowl MVP.

Nick Foles played lights out in the playoffs and won Super Bowl MVP also.

Those QBs should not be lumped in with Dilfer and Johnson. Because Foles, Manning, and Flacco played great when it mattered most.
Yes but, what tier were they on before they worked their magic?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He believes he’s on a mission from a troll god to get a Dak forum so only Dak posts can be posted there and if he keeps doing this his hope is it will happen. His belief is only his his view on how the CZ is run is valid. Not sure why the mods are allowing this constant trolling on his part. He feels he is allowed to troll because in his mind he’s doing what’s right, anyone else who does it should be banned pretty sad imo.
I appreciate your contribution. Lol

Reactions: G2

Creeper

Reaction score
I have no problem with Dak's ranking.

To me what separates 1s from 2s is consistency. I know the contradiction there is Mahomes started last years playing very poorly, but when it counted he returned to form and carried his team. Dak was the opposite. He started out playing like the MVP, but finished the years stumbling to the season end. I do not consider that last game against the Eagles to be anything more than stats padding.

I am not a Lamar Jackson fan, at least not in the sense of ranking him in the TOP QBs in the league. Let's be honest, he is a RB playing the QB position. His passing skills are so-so to me. It is hard to put him with some of the better throwers in the leave.

I might get some flack for this one too, but I think Herbert and Burrow are better than Josh Allen already. Allen has improved since his rookie season, but Burrow and Herbert are still better right now. I am not saying Allen is not tier 1, although I think it is close, just that he is a tick lower than the other two guys.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Well, when/if Dak ever does anything meaningful we can look back and laugh that these 50 coaches and execs didn't think he was a top 10 QB.
You don't have to be top ten to win it all. That's the point. Team building is the key to success not the QB. Green Bay has had two of the best QB's in the league spanning 30 years. Yet the Giants have made it to more Super Bowls.

To much attention is paid to QB's these days. Dallas doesn't have the best of the best right now, so they should focus on the defensive side of the ball, IMO.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Some act like a tier 2 QB can't break through. So I need to post nonsense to battle nonsense.
That is called hope, and I get it, I have been hoping for 26 years to return to the glory and parade that is "winning" culture.
I hope that the younger generation Cowboys fans that are not old enough to have ever wittnessed the dominance that this once great franchise was, gets to experience it.
The early 90s was a magical moment in my life, I have respect for a kid in their 20s that is a true Cowboys Die hard, and I feel sorry for them as well.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deny what. Lol

And thanks for your contribution.
You didn't deny a "thing with Dak". It's cool...I support all our Cowboys players as well.

And...you are very welcome? Are you trying to rack up stats or something? It's cool...I'll go ahead and hand out some likes along with thread replies!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The Dak trolls can’t stand it. Lol
The term "Dak Trolls" basically contradicts itself, its neutralizing.
There are extreme haters and extreme lovers, but there are far more fans somewhere in between the two polar opposites.
Your not a fan of the Cowboys if you are happy about this team not being successful because you have a personal agenda vs a player on this team.
I have major problems with Daks game, but that doesn't mean that I dont want him to succeed.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You didn't deny a "thing with Dak". It's cool...I support all our Cowboys players as well.

And...you are very welcome? Are you trying to rack up stats or something? It's cool...I'll go ahead and hand out some likes along with thread replies!
No, I have a much greater plan.