Is Dak only a Tier 2 QB?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The term "Dak Trolls" basically contradicts itself, its neutralizing.
There are extreme haters and extreme lovers, but there are far more fans somewhere in between the two polar opposites.
Your not a fan of the Cowboys if you are happy about this team not being successful because you have a personal agenda vs a player on this team.
I have major problems with Daks game, but that doesn't mean that I dont want him to succeed.
Well said . And my agenda is the Dak trolls . They can’t stand it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some act like a tier 2 QB can't break through. So I need to post nonsense to battle nonsense.

Right, they act as if Carr and Hurts and Murray and Watson and Jackson can break through and become elite, or win a SB. But not give Dak that same consideration. When not a one of them accomplished anything more than Dak. Heck Dak has already done more than they ever done.
At least Dak finishes in the top of the passing each year. And he also averages over 10 wins a season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Right, they act as if Carr and Hurts and Murray and Watson and Jackson can break through and become elite, or win a SB. But not give Dak that same consideration. When not a one of them accomplished anything more than Dak. Heck Dak has already done more than they ever done.
At least Dak finishes in the top of the passing each year. And he also averages over 10 wins a season.
Tier 2 is just fine . It’s enough to build around and win with. There simply isn’t enough Tier 1 QB’s to fill 32 teams . We are fortunate to have a Tier2.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He believes he’s on a mission from a troll god to get a Dak forum so only Dak posts can be posted there and if he keeps doing this his hope is it will happen. His belief is only his his view on how the CZ is run is valid. Not sure why the mods are allowing this constant trolling on his part. He feels he is allowed to troll because in his mind he’s doing what’s right, anyone else who does it should be banned pretty sad imo.
:hammer:

phildadon86

Reaction score
I have no problem with Dak's ranking.

To me what separates 1s from 2s is consistency. I know the contradiction there is Mahomes started last years playing very poorly, but when it counted he returned to form and carried his team. Dak was the opposite. He started out playing like the MVP, but finished the years stumbling to the season end. I do not consider that last game against the Eagles to be anything more than stats padding.

I am not a Lamar Jackson fan, at least not in the sense of ranking him in the TOP QBs in the league. Let's be honest, he is a RB playing the QB position. His passing skills are so-so to me. It is hard to put him with some of the better throwers in the leave.

I might get some flack for this one too, but I think Herbert and Burrow are better than Josh Allen already. Allen has improved since his rookie season, but Burrow and Herbert are still better right now. I am not saying Allen is not tier 1, although I think it is close, just that he is a tick lower than the other two guys.
The biggest difference between Mahomes start and Daks end last season was coaching.

Moore REFUSED to adjust. Reid and Bieniemy adjusted. Moore saw what wasnt working. But like his mentor Garrett refused to change anything.

And no. I am not saying Dak and Mahomes are the same or even close. Just that this coaching staff did no favours for the struggling offense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don’t have a problem with this ranking . This still places Dak in the upper half echelon of NFL qb’s.

All of which franchises should be able to build around.

Watson hasnt played in a year and wont play for another. There is no way Lamar Jackson is a better QB. Wilson is past his prime.

Dak is top 10, which is 2nd tier.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dak hasnt done anything, other than padding easy obtainable stats.
Romo didnt either.
Aikman has 3 rings.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Watson hasnt played in a year and wont play for another. There is no way Lamar Jackson is a better QB. Wilson is past his prime.

These 50 coaches and execs that work in the NFL do not think so.

You mad about it?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The biggest difference between Mahomes start and Daks end last season was coaching.

Moore REFUSED to adjust. Reid and Bieniemy adjusted. Moore saw what wasnt working. But like his mentor Garrett refused to change anything.

And no. I am not saying Dak and Mahomes are the same or even close. Just that this coaching staff did no favours for the struggling offense.
Yes watching Mahomes and Dak out there dang they simply look like gridiron Twins....:muttley:
Ahh if Dak only had the coaching......:rolleyes:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
All that you listed are relevant and should be graded as such.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What defines your definition, are "Dak Trolls" both the haters and slobberers?
Just want your honest answer.
Dak trolls are a few select members who basically are attacking Dak and holding him almost solely responsible for our lack of success. And they are in every Dak thread trolling Dak supporters .

Most fans are more in the middle and see his assets and liabilities.

The Dak homers and haters are a problem too but they aren’t continually starting Dak threads . This effort isn’t intended or directed at them . They aren’t trying to take over every Dak thread and general narrative .

Anyway, this is why I’ve begun my charade of Dak threads to deter and take on these Dak trolls . One of which inadvertently admitted he was trolling Cowboy fans about Dak. And is most likely a rival fan posing as a Cowboy fan. The other is our most noted Dak troll. There’s a couple others.

They can’t stand these more positive threads about Dak. With the season upon us the forum will be under more strict scrutiny and will merge and limit these Dak threads which really need their own forum or place for all to be dumped since it’s become so difficult to have normal adult discussions on our QB.

But that’s the last thing these Dak trolls want.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dak trolls are a few select members who basically are attacking Dak and holding him almost solely responsible for our lack of success. And they are in every Dak thread trolling Dak supporters .

Most fans are more in the middle and see his assets and liabilities.

The Dak homers and haters are a problem too but they aren’t continually starting Dak threads . This effort isn’t intended or directed at them . They aren’t trying to take over every Dak thread and general narrative .

Anyway, this is why I’ve begun my charade of Dak threads to deter and take on these Dak trolls . One of which inadvertently admitted he was trolling Cowboy fans about Dak. The other is our most noted Dak troll.

Thye can’t stand these more positive threads about Dak. With the season upon us the forum will be under more strict scrutiny and will merge and limit these Dak threads which really need their own forum or place for all to be dumped since it’s become so difficult to have normal adult discussions on our QB.

But that’s the last thing these Dak trolls want.
Sorry bro, but I quit reading right there.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Did you quit reading because he is a Dak homer that has started 8 Dak threads in the past 13 days? lol
You think I dont know what goes on in this house?
Do you believe that you have to educate everyone in this forum on what everyone is posting.
I guess I have been around too long to understand how to make up my own mind, my own opinions.
I respect your opinions as well BTW.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Yea, 10 or 11. All second tier . But good enough. Any of these upper half echelon QB’s those without would gladly take .

Just more evidence why this segment of detractors against Dak is rubbish.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Wilson had some good receivers in Seattle, but he might be upgraded in Denver.
Was a great signing by the Donks, he will have a comfortable offense, a lateral spread that fits his game perfectly.
Good FO in Donky land.