Is Dak Playing Better Due to The Threat That Is Trey Lance?

pansophy

Reaction score
Offense has put up big numbers for the last 5 years, so Dak is not a bum despite what some think. Also remember that they are still putting in the offense. When we lost to SF we didnt even have 7 step drops in the playbook yet. So if anyone change it was the staff hurrying to get more stuff in. Post SF pre-snap motion increased a lot For example.

sbark

Reaction score
Its near contract time....seen rhis song & dance before all over nfl

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Trey Lance won't be on the roster this time next year. Dak knew that before I did.
Why on earth would Jerry give up a 4th rd pick just to dump him after the year? Dak has no clue about what the plans are/were for Trey, and Trey is of no immediate to Dak the way he is playing. Trey will be the backup next year, plain and simple...assuming Dak extends, Trey will be the backup until he can get some playing time because right now his value is less that what the Cowboys paid for him

Reactions: CWR

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Dak is playing his best ball ever and what is interesting about that? Trey Lance is on the roster. I have a suspicion that Trey Lance is playing well in training camp and is putting pressure on Dak. What if this is why we signed Lance? To up Dak’s game? I have some opinions on Jerry, but what if this was his master plan all along? We now have a starting qb and a backup who is good enough to start.

A bit of a conspiracy theory but anybody else jumping on board?
So the scout team QB is putting pressure on QB1?

Read that again carefully and really take in how ridiculous this sounds. Like I’m genuinely curious what you’ve read to make you think this isn’t all just made up in your head? This is really something.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak is playing his best ball ever and what is interesting about that? Trey Lance is on the roster. I have a suspicion that Trey Lance is playing well in training camp and is putting pressure on Dak. What if this is why we signed Lance? To up Dak’s game? I have some opinions on Jerry, but what if this was his master plan all along? We now have a starting qb and a backup who is good enough to start.

Trey Lance is not a threat. He is 3rd stringer on the team.

You didn't happen to discover anything.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Don't know why he is playing better, but I doubt Trey is the reason.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Nathan-Fillion-reaction-gif.gif

Chasing6

Reaction score

No. Lance might be a threat to Rush and that is a maybe at some point in the future.

Kwyn

Reaction score

That’s ridiculous. Lance has yet to be a threat to Rush, let alone Dak.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I think it’s multiple things. The oline is pass blocking better, cook is becoming a part of the offense, Ferg is becoming the security blanket you need at TE, and MM is opening up the offense more. The players we have aren’t suited for the quick pass game as much as they are stretch the field guys. It appears the old coach adjusted because now we are stretching the field more
Yep, i'd even go as far as saying the 9ers game made MM trash the TCO system and gave Dak more control at the line of scrimmage. Add in the fact that at the time the O-line was struggling (maybe due to injury?) and Dak had to become more mobile (even laterally) to keep plays alive all combined to , as you say, a style that suited the whole offense. As the O-line has got in shape this system this (and the easier schedule) has allowed Dak and the offense to gain a confidence that will hopefully carry on through these tougher weeks.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Why on earth would Jerry give up a 4th rd pick just to dump him after the year? Dak has no clue about what the plans are/were for Trey, and Trey is of no immediate to Dak the way he is playing. Trey will be the backup next year, plain and simple...assuming Dak extends, Trey will be the backup until he can get some playing time because right now his value is less that what the Cowboys paid for him
LOL. Take a look at your first question. Who has even been able to figure out the why with Jerry?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
LOL. Take a look at your first question. Who has even been able to figure out the why with Jerry?
If we traded a 2nd rd pick for Lance, then yes. Jerry is lots of things, and you cannot give me one reason why on earth they would drop him after 1 year in the system. Now, if Dak got hurt and they gave him a chance to play and he fell on his face sure, but again....there is zero reason to dump him as things stand