Is Dak the Future of the Dallas Cowboys?

Is Dak the future at QB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LittleD

Reaction score
The jury is still out on Dak as the Coaching Staff has to devise an offense tailored just for him and his abilities. He will
never be able to run an offense that uses the old 90's Cowboy offense. Dak could be successful if he can get the
offensive team that can run a RPO/West Coast style attack. He is never going to be a Brady or Brees so get that
out of your heads. He has to have receivers that can help him by creating separation cause he can't throw them open.
I don't know if this current coaching staff will adapt enough to help him out though.

Hadenough

Reaction score
So, I wanna start by saying I’m not starting this to have yet another back and forth debate about Dak, it’d be just beating a dead horse at this point for both sides. In almost every thread Dak gets brought up and a debate starts, I just wanna see how many ppl are pro-Dak and anti-Dak.

I’m not adding a “maybe choice” or a “give it one more season” choice cause I think a lot of ppl would pick that just to be safe. I’m drawing a line in the sand, pick a side.
Unfortunately I feel that Dak will be the future of the Dallas Cowboys and I say that because I think he will be just good enough to have Dallas not continue to search for a QB that is elite and can win a SB.

LittleD

Reaction score
Unfortunately I feel that Dak will be the future of the Dallas Cowboys and I say that because I think he will be just good enough to have Dallas not continue to search for a QB that is elite and can win a SB.

They will stick with Dak until he proves he can't be the winner they envision. Dak is no different that most of the NFL QB's in that teams
will give them a chance but, they have to produce or they will get replaced. QB's are just like coaching staffs in that Owners will not stay
with them long if fans don't fill the seats. The NFL is a business and Jerry loves to make money. He's stayed with Garrett longer than
I thought he would, that's for sure.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Maybe it's time dallas pays attention to the defense for once?
I agree! That being said, with this talented loaded offense they still struggle against good teams and regardless of the defense there is no reason with all these first round picks on offense the Cowboys should be struggling to put up 10 points.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Shouldn't that be Cooper Rush? He impressed me in preseason action. Eager to see him again in preseason.
You know its just a shame that no matter how good Cooper Rush plays the starting QB job has already been gifted to Dak for 2018. Thats just the way this coaching staff and organization works!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Down 3 scores halfway through the 2nd Quarter, Dak leads the team to a 31 all tie with 34 seconds left in the game. Too bad the Defense sucked all game and couldn't help pull out a win. In Dak's first and only playoff game, as a rookie and against an ex-SB MVP Aaron Rodgers led Packers team, Dak threw for over 300 yards and 3 TDs. Easily could and should have been over 400 yards and at least 4 and possibly even 5 TDs if it wasn't for the crooked officials. But to some, Dak sucks.

Hadenough

Reaction score
They will stick with Dak until he proves he can't be the winner they envision. Dak is no different that most of the NFL QB's in that teams
will give them a chance but, they have to produce or they will get replaced. QB's are just like coaching staffs in that Owners will not stay
with them long if fans don't fill the seats. The NFL is a business and Jerry loves to make money. He's stayed with Garrett longer than
I thought he would, that's for sure.
It would be nice to see Dak have competition though!

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
If you think he may not be the future of the team, it doesn't mean you're "anti-Dak". It simply may mean you have some doubts about his abilities after last season. I'm not sure what the answer is, but I think he probably is the future based on the good things he's shown. However, he needs to straighten out his significant flaws to become the QB we all hope he can be. Calling someone "anti-Dak" if they have some legit questions about his future is part of what's wrong with society today. Everything is great/sucks, pro/anti, black/white, etc. Many things in life have a lot of grey and require some discussion. Calling those who question Dak's abilities "anti-Dak" is ridiculous. The poll is fine. Labeling people pro or anti-Dak based on their responses to this poll is ridiculous.

Klingo3034

Reaction score
Down 3 scores halfway through the 2nd Quarter, Dak leads the team to a 31 all tie with 34 seconds left in the game. Too bad the Defense sucked all game and couldn't help pull out a win. In Dak's first and only playoff game, as a rookie and against an ex-SB MVP Aaron Rodgers led Packers team, Dak threw for over 300 yards and 3 TDs. Easily could and should have been over 400 yards and at least 4 and possibly even 5 TDs if it wasn't for the crooked officials. But to some, Dak sucks.

Defense needs to step up especially on the last minute drives by Rodgers. Hes done it twice now. Can't allow that.

Hadenough

Reaction score
You got a point there AC! The Packers pass defense was ranked just about last in the league. I was still on board with Dak after that game, it was watching how he struggled to put up 10 points against he Vikings and Giants that year that had me thinking. Then seeing the Broncos put out the blueprint to stopping this offense and Zeke only getting 9 yards rushing Dak looked bad too. Then that 3 game stretch with the Falcons, Chargers and Eagles I soon realized Im not sure Dak has the arm to beat these better defenses. I dont think Dak is awful but I dont think he can take this team to a SB either.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You got a point there AC! The Packers pass defense was ranked just about last in the league. I was still on board with Dak after that game, it was watching how he struggled to put up 10 points against he Vikings and Giants that year that had me thinking. Then seeing the Broncos put out the blueprint to stopping this offense and Zeke only getting 9 yards rushing Dak looked bad too. Then that 3 game stretch with the Falcons, Chargers and Eagles I soon realized Im not sure Dak has the arm to beat these better defenses. I dont think Dak is awful but I dont think he can take this team to a SB either.
HE, O-line stunk it up all last season. The receivers sucked since they couldn't get much of any separation mostly because they don't run clean cuts and better routes. Beasley and Witten were constantly doubled. Dez is terrible at running routes, plus he has slowed down with age. There was no serious deep threat to worry about, and Zeke was suspended for 6 games. Tyron Smith missed time and was always playing injured because of his ailing lower back once again (which he stubbornly refuses to have surgery on to fix it), Leary and Free left which caused two big holes at Left Guard and Right Tackle. Frederick and Martin struggled and got beat 1/3rd of the time during September and October until they finally got their legs and in better shape. The whole Oline stunk last year. It was so obvious. Don't care about the Pro Bowl votes. That's based on popularity. So many things went wrong which caused Dak and the Offense to fail. After Dak getting sacked 8 times at Atlanta (thanks to Chaz Green and his backup at Left Tackle), Dak was shell shocked, constantly on his heels and never fully trusted his backside blocking. He never fully recovered. Can't blame him. Romo or Aikman would not have lasted the whole season with the type of hits Dak took. Good thing Dak is built like a linebacker, but dagnamit, everyone contributed to Dak and the Offense's failures, including Linehan and Garrett.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So, I wanna start by saying I’m not starting this to have yet another back and forth debate about Dak, it’d be just beating a dead horse at this point for both sides. In almost every thread Dak gets brought up and a debate starts, I just wanna see how many ppl are pro-Dak and anti-Dak.

I’m not adding a “maybe choice” or a “give it one more season” choice cause I think a lot of ppl would pick that just to be safe. I’m drawing a line in the sand, pick a side.
You may not want a back and forth but that's what you're going to get. Dak set the all time NFL record for a rookie. Sure he wasn't as productive last year but only a hater would day that was all his fault. It's like the Romo haters saying "he hasn't won a Super Bowl so he sucks".