Is Dak the Future of the Dallas Cowboys?

Is Dak the future at QB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jipper

Reaction score
what he did in 2016 coupled with some of the postives he showed through that s storm last year (after we lost smith) show the guy has it...its up to him to take the next step this year and I feel that he will....then we wont look back with him

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Down 3 scores halfway through the 2nd Quarter, Dak leads the team to a 31 all tie with 34 seconds left in the game. Too bad the Defense sucked all game and couldn't help pull out a win. In Dak's first and only playoff game, as a rookie and against an ex-SB MVP Aaron Rodgers led Packers team, Dak threw for over 300 yards and 3 TDs. Easily could and should have been over 400 yards and at least 4 and possibly even 5 TDs if it wasn't for the crooked officials. But to some, Dak sucks.

If that isn't revisionist history, I don't know what is.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You probably should've defined "future".
Is that 2 years? 6 years? The rest of his career?
And if someone chooses "yes" does it mean they think he should be the future or just resigned the fact that is how it will?

Anyway. I said yes.
But it is a more hopeful yes than a completely confident one.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We've seen other teams have a lot more success with less all around talent on offense. The D needs to be built. The Ravens won a SB with Trent fricken Dilfer. If there's 2 things this team has lacked for years, it's the fact that the D and O have not been good at the same time and the coaching has flat out sucked. You can't FAIRLY judge Dak until you put him in the right atmosphere to succeed...
:hammer:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, I wanna start by saying I’m not starting this to have yet another back and forth debate about Dak, it’d be just beating a dead horse at this point for both sides. In almost every thread Dak gets brought up and a debate starts, I just wanna see how many ppl are pro-Dak and anti-Dak.

I’m not adding a “maybe choice” or a “give it one more season” choice cause I think a lot of ppl would pick that just to be safe. I’m drawing a line in the sand, pick a side.

You need to remove all Dez Boiz from the poll.

They will all vote against Dak because they are desperate to blame him for Dez sucking.

Dez could suck the chrome off a classic car's bumper...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think Dak will improve his accuracy this year, due largely to the extra time he'll get with better backups and WRs. Who knows? He might even get better TE assistance and even better help from the slot. Anyhow, it all remains to be seen. I'll be right there in front of my big screen TV. :)

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
HE, O-line stunk it up all last season. The receivers sucked since they couldn't get much of any separation mostly because they don't run clean cuts and better routes. Beasley and Witten were constantly doubled. Dez is terrible at running routes, plus he has slowed down with age. There was no serious deep threat to worry about, and Zeke was suspended for 6 games. Tyron Smith missed time and was always playing injured because of his ailing lower back once again (which he stubbornly refuses to have surgery on to fix it), Leary and Free left which caused two big holes at Left Guard and Right Tackle. Frederick and Martin struggled and got beat 1/3rd of the time during September and October until they finally got their legs and in better shape. The whole Oline stunk last year. It was so obvious. Don't care about the Pro Bowl votes. That's based on popularity. So many things went wrong which caused Dak and the Offense to fail. After Dak getting sacked 8 times at Atlanta (thanks to Chaz Green and his backup at Left Tackle), Dak was shell shocked, constantly on his heels and never fully trusted his backside blocking. He never fully recovered. Can't blame him. Romo or Aikman would not have lasted the whole season with the type of hits Dak took. Good thing Dak is built like a linebacker, but dagnamit, everyone contributed to Dak and the Offense's failures, including Linehan and Garrett.
Exactly!

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
I don't want Dak to fail. He's (for better or worse) the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys, and I never want a Cowboy to fail. Ever. That being said, he's going to. He's got leadership. He's got size. He controls the huddle well. He's a VERY intelligent young man. He isn't a franchise QB. he doesn't have the ability to throw into tight windows accurately. He can't throw deep (ball in the air 20+ yards) accurately. He doesn't seem to understand how to shift a blocking scheme in response to what the defense is showing. He can't throw a receiver open. His footwork is terrible. A lot of negatives, some of which can be taught out of him and some of which cannot. I just don't think he has the ability.

Gameover

Reaction score
He’s the present

I’ll worry about the future when it comes

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't want Dak to fail. He's (for better or worse) the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys, and I never want a Cowboy to fail. Ever. That being said, he's going to. He's got leadership. He's got size. He controls the huddle well. He's a VERY intelligent young man. He isn't a franchise QB. he doesn't have the ability to throw into tight windows accurately. He can't throw deep (ball in the air 20+ yards) accurately. He doesn't seem to understand how to shift a blocking scheme in response to what the defense is showing. He can't throw a receiver open. His footwork is terrible. A lot of negatives, some of which can be taught out of him and some of which cannot. I just don't think he has the ability.

Yep and then they call us HATERS....Dak will be benched by seasons end this is the only sure thing ...Bet on it...!

Why...cause all he's good for is to hand-off to Zeke and his passing ability's are probably one of the worse for any Starting NFL QB....Dink and dunk them Dak ...your exposed now and you better have a great season 3 or the bench will be your starting position ....i mean really now you dak-bots will run out of players to blame at some point for Dak's inept play lol?????

cern

Reaction score
After year one----yes.
After year two----not so sure.
But would withhold judgment until year three.

kevm3

Reaction score
if he won't be successful here, he will be for another team when he's not shackled by Jason Garrett and the most predictable offense on Earth