Is Dak the Future of the Dallas Cowboys?

Is Dak the future at QB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShiningStar

Reaction score
im pro Dak right now because i honestly felt the coaches did not put him in positions of his strengths. Garrett has that tendency of "if its working, stop it immediately" At times it looked like they told him to force it to Dez. Yet you take Dez off the field and Dak will spread it around. It seemed like if it was a "no brainer" play, Garrett or Linehan screwed it up.

I believe Dallas admitted they had no back up plan for Zeke, and only Garrett and Linehan would pull a runner after getting 50 yards in a quarter.

Lets see what they do with Sanjay in the mix. Im hoping for good things.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

I hope Dakota is the man but it's hard to judge with the coaching staff we have in place. It makes me appreciate Romo all the more for what he had to play with all these years.

If the offense becomes less predictable, especially by running multiple different plays from the same formations, will not give the defense "tells".

It would be nice if he is, also looking forward to seeing what Rush can do this year.

jday

Reaction score
So, I wanna start by saying I’m not starting this to have yet another back and forth debate about Dak, it’d be just beating a dead horse at this point for both sides. In almost every thread Dak gets brought up and a debate starts, I just wanna see how many ppl are pro-Dak and anti-Dak.

I’m not adding a “maybe choice” or a “give it one more season” choice cause I think a lot of ppl would pick that just to be safe. I’m drawing a line in the sand, pick a side.
Based on what I've seen so far, it's hard to be certain one way or another, but I wouldn't bet against him.

LittleD

Reaction score
It would be nice to see Dak have competition though!

He will for sure. I think they will draft another QB this year as they are meeting with several QB's downdraft. I do think they will
give him this year to see if he can bounce back. They are upgrading the OL, bringing in new WR's, and Zeke will be back all
season hopefully. This is his make it or not year so he better bring his A game.

sbark

Reaction score
I think he could be if he learns how to pass accuratly
........can that be taught?

I think he has been compensating by throwing short, avoiding tight NFL size throwing windows ....

Can "dak friendly" spread offense spiced up with rpo, rubs etc help........if anything it will make Garretts scheme less predictable, so that is good

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Answer: Yes. Prescott’s solid play during the 2016 season answered this 2018 poll question. Prescott established he was the heir apparent from jump and put that question to bed on his arrival—practically from his preseason debut. That particular position search through the draft was over for the next decade forward at that point. Whether Jones and Garrett should have made the arguably premature decision of naming Prescott as the permanent starter during and beginning with the 2016 regular season is another question.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Where's the "if Garrett and Linehan suddenly find a way to play a regular season offense in the regular season instead of playing preseason vanilla all year" option?

ksadler1

Reaction score
We've seen other teams have a lot more success with less all around talent on offense. The D needs to be built. The Ravens won a SB with Trent fricken Dilfer. If there's 2 things this team has lacked for years, it's the fact that the D and O have not been good at the same time and the coaching has flat out sucked. You can't FAIRLY judge Dak until you put him in the right atmosphere to succeed...