Is Dallas working the phones?

DFWJC

Reaction score
We as fans can sit back and critique all of the moves being made or not made by Dallas. Look with envy at the rival Eagles and Giants making moves, see trade after trade from the Rams. Heck the Skins traded for a QB?? Yet do we know for sure that Dallas isn't trying??? Are they planning a FA coup, trading picks to get a Derwin James or Ridley?? Patience is running thin for us all.....time will only tell!!

Roseman seems to me as if he is back to his dream team days, only smarter this time?? Rams just going all out in a frenzy, w/o abandon in the type of guys they are getting. While I admire the boldness and moves of others to a degree, I have to think that we have a plan...Personally, I don't want to believe its pure faith in Garrett just coaching us up!!
I assume they are open to the idea but not so sure how aggressive they're being.

Here are some questions we all should think about if we hope for trades:
  • Who do we want to trade for?
  • Who do want to part with?
  • How much are willing to pay via draft picks, players, salary and salary cap
  • How many draft picks this year do we want to hang on to?

Proof

Reaction score
We as fans can sit back and critique all of the moves being made or not made by Dallas. Look with envy at the rival Eagles and Giants making moves, see trade after trade from the Rams. Heck the Skins traded for a QB?? Yet do we know for sure that Dallas isn't trying??? Are they planning a FA coup, trading picks to get a Derwin James or Ridley?? Patience is running thin for us all.....time will only tell!!

Roseman seems to me as if he is back to his dream team days, only smarter this time?? Rams just going all out in a frenzy, w/o abandon in the type of guys they are getting. While I admire the boldness and moves of others to a degree, I have to think that we have a plan...Personally, I don't want to believe its pure faith in Garrett just coaching us up!!

there's no need to speculate when the bossman has told us (and the league) his intentions and plans.

also the rams aren't just going hog wild without thought behind it. they are moving guys that don't fit their new scheme, and bringing in studs who do.

bark

Reaction score
Yes but Papa John won’t even take our call now

pavalley

Reaction score
Uh....

Stephon Gilmore
Dwayne Allen
Brandin Cooks
Chris Long
Shea McClellin
Chris Hogan
LaGarrette Blount
Rex Burkhead
Alan Branch
UH...some of those are trades....and yeah ty for making my point

pavalley

Reaction score
Uh....

Stephon Gilmore
Dwayne Allen
Brandin Cooks
Chris Long
Shea McClellin
Chris Hogan
LaGarrette Blount
Rex Burkhead
Alan Branch
If the boys signed any of these for big $'s this place would go nutz

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
They are not big spenders in FA, please educate me
OK, education 101 begins:

The Pats had money to spend, and they decided to throw a big chunk of it at the top free-agent cornerback, Stephon Gilmore: five years and $65 million, with a reported $40 million guaranteed. Seems like a big deal don't you think?

Traded with the Saint's for their 2017 first-round pick (No. 32 overall) and swapping a late third-rounder for an early fourth for Brandin Cook's. Another pretty big deal. Imagine if Jerry did this?

They allowed Martellus Bennett to walk while making a trade with the Colts for an adequate TE in Dwayne Allen that is cheaper. GB signed Bennett and he ended up leaving them anyway.

Wouldn't we be tickled if we pulled off Stephon Gilmore and Brandin Cooks while letting some guys walk saving money in the process? Yeah, but they only always end up in the Superbowl while we always end up watching it.