Is Dallas working the phones?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
We have the worst front office in the NFL

Dallas fan for life, but yea they are terrible
Not just in the NFL, all of professional sports. Ever-shifting and reactive philosophies, no true vision (outside of marketing) and our biggest sin, no real accountability for decision makers.

ThrowuptheXDez88

Reaction score
We aren't opportunistic in any way shape or from, these guys are more worried about getting a Zach Martin deal done, instead of first giving the 2018 Cowboys the best shot at winning a super bowl.. Martin deserves a deal, but he'll be surrounded by a bunch of losers in the future with the way the Cowboys front office works.. We don't have any brains at all, the Eagles/Rams and others have shown you can tear it down and fix it just like that, at least have some freakin guts, or settle for 8-8 every year

Bowdown27

Reaction score
honestly I think if jerry was still doing most of the gm work we would be but Stephen is handling it more

Sydla

Reaction score
My guess is that the Cowboys only really field calls at this point. They aren't proactive at all.

They only pick up the phone to make a trade when they are in a hole or a bind. Like when we needed a QB in 2015 or when we got thin at DB last year and they traded for a guy that I am not sure was even active all that much.

If people are expecting the Jones to be working the phones this week trying to drum up trades and mine out potential deals that could help us, they should expect to be disappointed.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
My guess is that the Cowboys only really field calls at this point. They aren't proactive at all.

They only pick up the phone to make a trade when they are in a hole or a bind. Like when we needed a QB in 2015 or when we got thin at DB last year and they traded for a guy that I am not sure was even active all that much.

And that is the exact wrong way to do it. It puts you in a poor position in regards getting a fair playing field and leverage is out the window.

When Jimmy Johnson and a lesser extent, Bill Parcells, was here, you at least could count on the relationships they could build as being fruitful. They had a direct line to the Al Davis' and Ron Wolfs.

All in all, they have failed in developing relationships with other teams. Especially the new guard with newer owners and aggressive GMs.

Perhaps it is just that Jerry and Stephen have alienated just about everyone as they do not seem willing to engage them, plus they really can't because everyone knows their cap situation is a perpetual balancing act that eliminates any and all flexibility.

When Terry Glenn was the last successful trade the team has made and it was over twelve years ago, something is pretty wrong.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
yes this one

Jerrah.gif

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Don't forget, we owe the Bengals a 6th for Bene Benwikere. I bet you forgot all about that masterful trade and the benefits that were reaped.
Yes. The cleverness lately consists of signing no-named free agents with minimal career starts and trading draft picks for players on the edge of other team's 53-man rosters on cut-down day.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
We aren't opportunistic in any way shape or from, these guys are more worried about getting a Zach Martin deal done, instead of first giving the 2018 Cowboys the best shot at winning a super bowl.. Martin deserves a deal, but he'll be surrounded by a bunch of losers in the future with the way the Cowboys front office works.. We don't have any brains at all, the Eagles/Rams and others have shown you can tear it down and fix it just like that, at least have some freakin guts, or settle for 8-8 every year

You realize we're a year removed from 13-3?

BigCowboysHomer

Reaction score
Yeah, that's outlandish.

How can anyone say a front office that's failed for 22 years is the worst in the league?

If the metric is years since the last Super Bowl appearance, several teams have failed longer than Dallas.

Years since last Super Bowl appearance

Dallas - 22
Chargers - 23
Buffalo - 24
Washington - 26
Cincinnati - 29
Miami - 33
Minnesota - 41
Kansas City - 48
NY Jets - 49
Jacksonville - no appearances
Houston - no appearances
Cleveland - no appearances
Detroit - no appearances

By that metric Dallas has the 13th worst front office.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Honestly would love to know if they have even attempted to trade Dez and see what they can get for him if they plan on just outright cutting him.

Somehow I doubt it

Sandyf

Reaction score
I guess I do not get some fans. Exactly how many teams are doing any trading and why. Philly has to make trades and cuts to get under the salary cap i.e. something we did a lot of for years. Rams are shedding the guys they don't want and bringing in a couple who they hope can help. Philly won the Super Bowl using second and third tier free agents last year and one upper tier guy on a one year make or break but our fans think we should sign every big name free agent or trade for every washed up guy there.

Tell me how Bennett would have helped us and if he is so good why did Seattle take a box of chocolates for him. Denver released a good CB due to money and having a younger cheaper guy behind him they believe could do as good a job. Dallas is just resigning their own

Other than maybe Kirk Cousins which free agent is so great that would put Dallas over the top. And if they are that great why didn't their own team hang on to them.

Nice to complain but after years of salary cap hell we appear to be doing the right thing, you know drafting well and two straight years of winning records. Is New England trading or signing any big names, don't see it yet. They manage the cap well, sign low cost free agents, and oh be in the playoffs every year for about the last 20. Now that is what I am hoping we do.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the metric is years since the last Super Bowl appearance, several teams have failed longer than Dallas.

Years since last Super Bowl appearance

Dallas - 22
Chargers - 23
Buffalo - 24
Washington - 26
Cincinnati - 29
Miami - 33
Minnesota - 41
Kansas City - 48
NY Jets - 49
Jacksonville - no appearances
Houston - no appearances
Cleveland - no appearances
Detroit - no appearances

By that metric Dallas has the 13th worst front office.

Now how many of those teams have had the same GM and Director of Personnel all those years?

I'll wait.