Is DaRon Bland a true superstar or a scheme guy like Richard Sherman?

btcutter

Reaction score
The real question is that is Bland actually better than Diggs? Bland doesn't give up as many big plays. This is a tough one.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The real question is where will he end up on the NFL's Top 100 list next year. Forget being All-Pro or the Pro Bowl.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Seriously don't think it's ever gonna happen much under any scheme. Enjoy the player we have.

Most teams have zero defensive TDs for the entire season. Bland has generated so much for the team.
Everything I've posted in this thread has been very, very sarcastic BTW.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
They are. But debate is who's better. Bland will want a new contract too.
Bland is going to get paid. Unfortunately for him and his agent, they have to deal with Stephen and play his stupid games. As for who is better? It does not matter. When Bland is up for an extension he will get top dollar.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Screenshot-1.png

look at where he is when the ball is thrown.He is far back but he has his eyes on the QB and he has great speed and he can catch,not many CBs have that combination.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hes better than Sherman. Its not really that debatable. Sherman was a different style db to be fair. He was mugging receivers all the time, but got away with it. In todays league, you just wont get away with that style very often. Bland is a pure cover guy that relies on his instincts and athletic ability. His hands are elite for a cb. Very rare for a cb.
Cmooooooon, dude. Sherman is most likely a HOFer. Bland needs to play a couple more years to be in that convo.

I love Bland, BTW, and think he is a quality CB.

kskboys

Reaction score
A Richard Sherman situation? Perhaps explaining that would be a good start. I hope he is a Richard Sherman. It doesn't matter how good a fit you are for any particular scheme that you are in, sooner or later you are put in situations during games that expose you if you aren't a good player. Sherman was a very good player
Great. I can't stand the guy, but he was great. Expected to be voted into the HOF.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Why is that the real question? Both are studs.
My question is can the Cowboys afford two guys that put up Pro Bowl production and want to be paid so.

If not...do you not go with the guy that can tackle over the guy that can shut #1 receivers down?

Im hoping Dallas can afford both. Seems like if you cant...you go with the guy that can cover and tackle. Im a big Diggs fan too.

Big_C_KU

Reaction score
My question is can the Cowboys afford two guys that put up Pro Bowl production and want to be paid so.

If not...do you not go with the guy that can tackle over the guy that can shut #1 receivers down?

Im hoping Dallas can afford both. Seems like if you cant...you go with the guy that can cover and tackle. Im a big Diggs fan too.

The good things is they have 2 more years of Bland on rookie contract plus a possible 3rd year if it came down to a franchise tag. Diggs dead cap goes from 12 to 8 mil when Bland’s contract comes up and down to 4 mil should they use franchise tag on Bland for another season. Dallas will have 2-3 years to see if Diggs can return healthy and/or see if Bland’s season this year is legit.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
The good things is they have 2 more years of Bland on rookie contract plus a possible 3rd year if it came down to a franchise tag. Diggs dead cap goes from 12 to 8 mil when Bland’s contract comes up and down to 4 mil should they use franchise tag on Bland for another season. Dallas will have 2-3 years to see if Diggs can return healthy and/or see if Bland’s season this year is legit.
Not trying to argue...but word is that his rookie year camp Bland was named by Cowboys as the guy sticking out(rumors I cant prove right or wrong)...then he didnt play for 8 games...then played and had a bunch of INTs...now he is playing this year with a bunch of INT's and TD's.

I assume he isnt a flash in the pan. Thats 2 years straight of balling(I guess this season isnt over so 1 1/2 seasons) with supposedly best passer completion percentage in the league. He could fall off a cliff but seems unlikely.

Big_C_KU

Reaction score
Not trying to argue...but word is that his rookie year camp Bland was named by Cowboys as the guy sticking out(rumors I cant prove right or wrong)...then he didnt play for 8 games...then played and had a bunch of INTs...now he is playing this year with a bunch of INT's and TD's.

I assume he isnt a flash in the pan. Thats 2 years straight of balling(I guess this season isnt over so 1 1/2 seasons) with supposedly best passer completion percentage in the league. He could fall off a cliff but seems unlikely.

Oh I’m not really talking about whether Bland is legit or not. He is. I’m just pointing out that with the way the contracts line up I really wouldn’t worry about one or the other like some might. 2-3 years is an eternity in the NFL. We’re gonna get at least 2 years of Bland/Diggs CB most likely before contract considerations are going to have to be figured out. That’s a long time in NFL and a long time to be able to figure out how to maneuver older contracts to create cap space.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If he can do what hes been doing against better teams, then the guy might well be the best db we have had in Dallas except for Deion.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think in 2 years , the Eric Scott kid might be our safety.Not sure hes a NFL corner right now. But I can see him at safety. He has a high ceiling. Very talented just needs to get reps and learn NFL game speed.

Kellsbells

Reaction score
Whatever he is, he’s definitely made me forget all about the Diggs loss, something I thought would kill us.