Is Deion Sanders overrated?

Tussinman

Reaction score
Nope! I don’t think it’s possible to overrate players like Deon.
Agreed. 6x 1st team all-pro and made the all decade team for 2 different positions (he made it for both cornerback and punt returner).

Most of the population (early 40s and younger) only know him for his personality and "oh thats the guy who played 2 sports" so if anything i'd argue his ACTUAL on field play is underrated for most.

It's personal opinion but Charles Woodson over Sanders for me.
Agreed. Prime for prime there close but Woodson was more versatile in formations and played signficantly longer

That's no disrespect to Showtime though, the fact that it's been 33 years since he entered the league and there's only been 1 cornerback drafted since then that's arguably better pretty much answers the question of "is he overrated" (answer is hell no)

Last edited:

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
To quote Diggs, "Whats harder? 10 picks or 10 sacks?"

Deion couldn't get many picks bc nobody dared to throw his way. CB is one of the toughest spots on the field.

You want mean tacklers and sack artists as your best defenders then Prime is not your guy. You want the best cover corner ever in the top 3? Then Prime is your guy. Dude was a freak freak.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Putting this out there because I am very curious plus his name came up in the top 3 defender thread.

I say absolutely yes. Great athlete for sure. Elite speed. Great CB but I don’t see him as the best of all time. He was a pure cover guy. Literally avoided tackles and contact. Even joked about it. I think that really hurt his greatness in my opinion. One of the biggest games in his career Irvin abused him plus he got away with a couple pass interference calls. So I say yes. Great player but not the best CB. Not in the discussion in my opinion.

What do you folks say?
a little overrated but still great

Whyjerry

Reaction score
What an asinine post!
Awww you big mad? You going to be ok?

Now ladies and gentlemen this is another example of a forum wrecking moron right here. Rather than moving on or ignoring a post he chooses to act like a child and disparage. It’s really pathetic. Seriously for all you post arbiters out there, get out of your mom’s basement and get some air. Also maybe go back to the basics and “do onto others…” rather than sling arrows and name call. You come across like such losers.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Putting this out there because I am very curious plus his name came up in the top 3 defender thread.

I say absolutely yes. Great athlete for sure. Elite speed. Great CB but I don’t see him as the best of all time. He was a pure cover guy. Literally avoided tackles and contact. Even joked about it. I think that really hurt his greatness in my opinion. One of the biggest games in his career Irvin abused him plus he got away with a couple pass interference calls. So I say yes. Great player but not the best CB. Not in the discussion in my opinion.

What do you folks say?
I'll qualify my answer by saying he's the greatest cover corner ever, without question. Other than that, he was a great return man, and a...well, a wide receiver.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I'll qualify my answer by saying he's the greatest cover corner ever, without question. Other than that, he was a great return man, and a...well, a wide receiver.
Agree. An elite athlete. All time great CB but not a top defender of all time. Sorry if my opinion offends you in anyway. If it does I hope that you will find it in your heart to be of good cheer and forgiveness.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agree. An elite athlete. All time great CB but not a top defender of all time. Sorry if my opinion offends you in anyway. If it does I hope that you will find it in your heart to be of good cheer and forgiveness.
I assume you're being facetious about offending me. :laugh:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I assume you're being facetious about offending me. :laugh:
Oh yeah. You are one of the good guys here. I took a lot of arrows for this post. I really was interested in what others thought. Upset some of the snowflakes here. I am tired of people being overtly negative here.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh yeah. You are one of the good guys here. I took a lot of arrows for this post. I really was interested in what others thought. Upset some of the snowflakes here. I am tired of people being overtly negative here.
It's pretty ridiculous that someone can't express a legitimate opinion and expect a legitimate debate.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The little babies do like the anonymity the Internet provides. It allows them to disparage and talk tough.
I think some of them equate vitriol with humor, but others just want to build themselves up by tearing others down. It sad, really.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
We didnt get lucky. Parsons was born to be this. I was banging the table for him in November when the Cowboys were picking 5th overall. And yes, I know he is a superstar. I was referring to another poster who said he isnt yet. LOL
Ah right on. I wanted him before the trade down as well. We were lucky that he fell to us is what I was getting at. His tape screamed top 3 pick to me.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Snark too. This clown has 3 speeds. Tweets. Dak bashing. Snark. Too dumb for originally. You go girl.
I'm confused....
Can we insult and name call, or can't we.
I'm getting mixed messages.....

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I'm confused....
Can we insult and name call, or can't we.
I'm getting mixed messages.....
Let me catch you up…I am responding to the attacks. My desire would be to just stick to the topic. I am astonished that so many people got worked up. You got it?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Let me catch you up…I am responding to the attacks. My desire would be to just stick to the topic. I am astonished that so many people got worked up. You got it?
So... sometimes we can, sometimes we can't.

Got it.