Is Deion Sanders overrated?

coult44

Reaction score
You must be dumber than a donkey. I clearly stated that I was interested given the top 3 defender posts. I have zero interest in click bait. A pud like you might but I don’t.

According to a friend of the program you are very close to being benched, so I want to make sure you read this before that happens. Stop calling people names and insulting others because they have a different opinion than you do. You come in here with that whack click bait garbage and you’re going to get harsh responses. GTHU and realize that if all you have are insults, your opinion is worthless around here. Ok, folks give his butt the wood now, there are still a couple of this type around!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
According to a friend of the program you are very close to being benched, so I want to make sure you read this before that happens. Stop calling people names and insulting others because they have a different opinion than you do. You come in here with that whack click bait garbage and you’re going to get harsh responses. GTHU and realize that if all you have are insults, your opinion is worthless around here. Ok, folks give his butt the wood now, there are still a couple of this type around!
Bench me then. I have been taking shots all day for a legit post. Btw I chuckle at your threats. Why don’t you read my post. I said Deion was great. Top 3 I don’t think so. I wondered what others thought and a bunch of clowns attacked. You must be too stupid to actually read. So go tell your little birdie to bench me. Threats over a sports forum. Get a life loser.

Texasfootball21

Reaction score
Hell NO! One of the best pro athletes I have ever seen play the game. Who plays in MLB and then plays pro football on the same day. Defensive showdown corner, Offensive receiver, and special teams punt returner. Heck, these guys today can barely play a couple of downs without taking a break. Lol...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don't know. From what I've read with stats and with his skills, I'd say no. I'd say he's about where he's supposed to be rated. He didn't like to tackle, but he was electric with the ball in his hands.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I would say Champ Bailey is a close second followed by Darrell Revis. I think one of the things that gives Deion the nod is also his longevity. He began playing in the NFL in 1989 and finished with the Ravens in 2005 (with a 4 year hiatus better 2000-2004). That's an impressive stretch, and he was dominant for the most part. I'd say Bailey is next best because of longevity and throwing his way was usually a bad move. Though, I think Dez handled him well in the 2013 game as I recall. That said, Bailey had a lot of longevity too. Revis was one that I think gets 3rd because, while he didn't have the longevity of Deion, he had a very impressive stretch where nobody would throw at him.

I think something that is nice is what we are seeing with Diggs, flashing to recent times. Last season was very impressive with Diggs. If he can play a bit more disciplined on the double move, I think Diggs has a chance to be in that discussion.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Referring only to one part of this....how you dont think of him as a Cowboy.

Strange for me, because I regard him as the greatest non QB ever to play, and I get that we don't agree there..... but not at all the point.

He is my favorite all time player, but not my all time favorite Cowboy....if that makes any sense at all lol.

I dont regard him as a Cowboy either. He was a hired gun several times over. Glad we had him while we did though.

He was crucial to the last Championship and a lot forget that he was also WR1 for us while Irvin was suspended in 96.
Super Bowl XXX MVP, Larry Brown owes Deion Sanders for that distinction.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Micah kinda is a superstar though. Arguably the best defensive player in the league as a rookie is a huge deal. He has to continue to improve and with the mindset and mentality he's shown so far, I don't really see why he wouldn't. The kids ceiling is astronomical. We got lucky.
We didnt get lucky. Parsons was born to be this. I was banging the table for him in November when the Cowboys were picking 5th overall. And yes, I know he is a superstar. I was referring to another poster who said he isnt yet. LOL

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Putting this out there because I am very curious plus his name came up in the top 3 defender thread.

I say absolutely yes. Great athlete for sure. Elite speed. Great CB but I don’t see him as the best of all time. He was a pure cover guy. Literally avoided tackles and contact. Even joked about it. I think that really hurt his greatness in my opinion. One of the biggest games in his career Irvin abused him plus he got away with a couple pass interference calls. So I say yes. Great player but not the best CB. Not in the discussion in my opinion.

What do you folks say?

Come on please.

I mean your opinion is ok. If you think that way i have no problem with that. But at least get your facts straight: The game you talk about i guess is the NFCC game 94. How do you think Irvin abused him. Of course Irvin had great stats but was covered only on few pass plays by Deion. The 49ers put their 2nd CB on Irvin that day exclusivley.

Deion gave up 2 pass plays for about 16 yds and had an INT against Irvin. How is that abusing him ? But maybe i have another definition of abuse.

Some other facts you may be not aware of:

• Deion was the only professional athlete in the world(!) who played in the finals of two different sports (Baseball and Football). He even played in two games at the same day (got flewn in by a helicopter from the basball game to atlanta)
  • Deion played offense (WR) / defense (CB) and Special Teams (PR) for seasons in Dallas. No player since him has played two ways in the NFL for only a whole game. Not to even mention a season. The "big" contract he got in Dallas even had the clause in it. That may put the money he got in perspective for some here.
  • Deion helped his DC game plan for other offenses. He was a great student of the game.
  • Deion changed the approach of offenses completely. Not only he shut down his man, he shut down half of the field. QBs rarely looked even his side.

You can argue he wasnt the greatest to ever play the game (for me he is and by a wide margin). But at least argue with some good reason.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Deion Sanders rubs many people the wrong way with his highly-inflated ego. There was no denying his talent as a player, however! :starspin:

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
An expected response from one of the biggest a holes on this forum.

Jimmy: 2 Super Bowl wins in 5 years.
Landry: 2 Super Bowl wins in 29 years.

Jerry: 3 Super Bowl wins.
Landry/Tex/Murchison: 2 Super Bowl wins.

GINeric

Reaction score
Another clown comment. With embellishments even. The internet was made for your ilk.

Another weak *** clown *** coward with comments made online that would never have been spoken in person because cowards like you hide behind keyboards.

The internet was made for weak cowardly RuPaul fans like you because you're weak.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Putting this out there because I am very curious plus his name came up in the top 3 defender thread.

I say absolutely yes. Great athlete for sure. Elite speed. Great CB but I don’t see him as the best of all time. He was a pure cover guy. Literally avoided tackles and contact. Even joked about it. I think that really hurt his greatness in my opinion. One of the biggest games in his career Irvin abused him plus he got away with a couple pass interference calls. So I say yes. Great player but not the best CB. Not in the discussion in my opinion.

What do you folks say?
Nope! I don’t think it’s possible to overrate players like Deon.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

What do you folks say?
What an asinine post!