News: Is Donovan Wilson elite?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
According to the team website the answer is yes.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowboys-wilson-has-reached-elite-status-in-2022

It's all led to First-Team All-Pro linebacker Micah Parsons, a.k.a. The Lion, giving Wilson a nickname that will likely stick with him the remainder of his NFL career.

"He asked me for an animal name and I told him he's a jaguar," said Parsons. "He can fly around. He can jump. He does everything — goes in for sacks.

"He's not afraid to go in that deep water and get himself an alligator. I respect him so much, one of the quietest people that works so hard at what he [does]. He's been nothing but a great teammate. … He's not afraid to go meet a 250-pound running back or a 300-pound offensive lineman, because it's just free smoke because he throws his body around.

"You just always condone people who work the way he does."

-

"Shoot, I love the way he plays," said McCarthy. "You talk about a magnet to the football — loves contact, his intensity … the way he separates offensive players from the football. And he's the same guy every day. That's something I'm just a huge fan of. I think it's important for your ability to grow not only as a player, but as a defense and as a football team.

"He brings that energy every single day."

stuckindc

Reaction score

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowboys-wilson-has-reached-elite-status-in-2022

It's all led to First-Team All-Pro linebacker Micah Parsons, a.k.a. The Lion, giving Wilson a nickname that will likely stick with him the remainder of his NFL career.

"He asked me for an animal name and I told him he's a jaguar," said Parsons. "He can fly around. He can jump. He does everything — goes in for sacks.

"He's not afraid to go in that deep water and get himself an alligator. I respect him so much, one of the quietest people that works so hard at what he [does]. He's been nothing but a great teammate. … He's not afraid to go meet a 250-pound running back or a 300-pound offensive lineman, because it's just free smoke because he throws his body around.

-

"Shoot, I love the way he plays," said McCarthy. "You talk about a magnet to the football — loves contact, his intensity … the way he separates offensive players from the football. And he's the same guy every day. That's something I'm just a huge fan of. I think it's important for your ability to grow not only as a player, but as a defense and as a football team.

I like him. I think he could be the key to slowing down/stopping Hurts. Disrupt his game and cause him to throw some pics

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

-

glad he is on the team. but he is not elite. that's OK, we haven't had good saftey play in a long while, so having a good saftey is fantastic

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Guy is a plain out baller. Helluva hand to have
Elite...I’d say working that way
When drafted my Aggie bud said watch out for this kid. He just needs the opportunity to blow up. And playing for Quinn is best thing ever happened for the kid. Aggie bud was pretty spot on