News: Is Donovan Wilson elite?

Rayman70

Reaction score
BTW, I saw Thornhill get burned 2 times for td's last week against Cincy. Am I not supposed to mention that? I understand the narrative that he's a stud and we whiffed not drafting him...but what if we liked Wilson better all along? Hmmm.. MAYBE the staff knew what we had and we didn't.

Reaction score
I've always liked Wilson. He brings it every week. And, yes he's elite

I love how he knifes in and makes plays ASAP, often at or behind the line of scrimmage. I hate seeing our players waiting for the play to get to them, then getting dragged for another 3-5 yards.

GRCowboy

Reaction score
I remember how we got ridiculed for passing on drafting Thornhill the safety at KC. Turns out Wilson might be just as solid or better. We have 3 stud safeties plus a guy like Mukamu thats still learning.
I disagree. Hill yes, but not sure your standards can ever be met. DW has been great and getting better every year. Keep coping? Huh?
The reality is that we should have had both because Thornhill was objectively BPA when we were on the clock in the 2nd round of 2019 but Marinelli reached for a 5th round talent in Hill.

...but, both are more SS types and I still like having Malik Hooker as our franchise free safety. He was considered to be the NFL's next Earl Thomas coming out of college, but an unfortunate slew of injuries and poor management led him off the Colts. That's the dude we need to lock-up long term.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The reality is that we should have had both because Thornhill was objectively BPA when we were on the clock in the 2nd round of 2019 but Marinelli reached for a 5th round talent in Hill.

...but, both are more SS types and I still like having Malik Hooker as our franchise free safety. He was considered to be the NFL's next Earl Thomas coming out of college, but an unfortunate slew of injuries and poor management led him off the Colts. That's the dude we need to lock-up long term.
our safety room is talented and fine. We did better than ok the way we handled the position. Thornhill is a great player, but we have equally good talent there.

Reaction score
He's excellent, not elite.

So this offseason, would you franchise Wilson or Tony Pollard?

RB's are easier to find.

GRCowboy

Reaction score
our safety room is talented and fine. We did better than ok the way we handled the position. Thornhill is a great player, but we have equally good talent there.
It's better to have more depth than less. Hill is off the team and deservedly so. Thornhill could still be playing with us on a 2nd round rookie salary. There's no objective way to say that we aren't worse because Marin00b drafted Hill over Thornhill.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
He's one of our "throw-back" type players, who deliver's crushing hits ala the 70s/80s and 90s.