News: Is Donovan Wilson elite?

bewp7

Reaction score
i think he is close to that

i love cowboys safety group i think as a group it is elite

Proof

Reaction score
According to the team website the answer is yes.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowboys-wilson-has-reached-elite-status-in-2022

It's all led to First-Team All-Pro linebacker Micah Parsons, a.k.a. The Lion, giving Wilson a nickname that will likely stick with him the remainder of his NFL career.

"He asked me for an animal name and I told him he's a jaguar," said Parsons. "He can fly around. He can jump. He does everything — goes in for sacks.

"He's not afraid to go in that deep water and get himself an alligator. I respect him so much, one of the quietest people that works so hard at what he [does]. He's been nothing but a great teammate. … He's not afraid to go meet a 250-pound running back or a 300-pound offensive lineman, because it's just free smoke because he throws his body around.

"You just always condone people who work the way he does."

-

"Shoot, I love the way he plays," said McCarthy. "You talk about a magnet to the football — loves contact, his intensity … the way he separates offensive players from the football. And he's the same guy every day. That's something I'm just a huge fan of. I think it's important for your ability to grow not only as a player, but as a defense and as a football team.

"He brings that energy every single day."

you keep this kind of content coming and you can collect my likes all day!

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Love the guy. Too bad this is his last season as a Cowboy.

plasticman

Reaction score
That's obviously a matter of perception.

In 1995 CB Larry Brown had two INT's in the Super Bowl and was made MVP.

He wasn't elite.

However, that didn't prevent him from being paid like he was elite when he hit the free agent market after that season.

T-RO

Reaction score
Elite is getting thrown around a little too freely these days. No, he is not elite. He is a fine player and a good fit for the Cowboys scheme.

He's more than a "fine player".

-Leads the team in tackles
-4 sacks from the safety position!
-Two turnovers created
-Five tackles for loss
-Top it off: super player on special teams

AtomicDog

Reaction score

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowboys-wilson-has-reached-elite-status-in-2022

It's all led to First-Team All-Pro linebacker Micah Parsons, a.k.a. The Lion, giving Wilson a nickname that will likely stick with him the remainder of his NFL career.

"He asked me for an animal name and I told him he's a jaguar," said Parsons. "He can fly around. He can jump. He does everything — goes in for sacks.

"He's not afraid to go in that deep water and get himself an alligator. I respect him so much, one of the quietest people that works so hard at what he [does]. He's been nothing but a great teammate. … He's not afraid to go meet a 250-pound running back or a 300-pound offensive lineman, because it's just free smoke because he throws his body around.

-

"Shoot, I love the way he plays," said McCarthy. "You talk about a magnet to the football — loves contact, his intensity … the way he separates offensive players from the football. And he's the same guy every day. That's something I'm just a huge fan of. I think it's important for your ability to grow not only as a player, but as a defense and as a football team.

Wilson jumps off the screen alot. Dude is a missile.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Wilson jumps off the screen alot. Dude is a missile.
he's always near the ball and dude is a finisher. He tackles and gets the ball. A complete safety. Kudos to the staff and to him. We developed guys like him and Steele on the cheap. BTW, how about that 5th round pick Bland? Hmm...DQ developed that kid fast.

UncleRico

Reaction score

-

He has been stellar this year. Should be a pro bowler

Rayman70

Reaction score
I remember how we got ridiculed for passing on drafting Thornhill the safety at KC. Turns out Wilson might be just as solid or better. We have 3 stud safeties plus a guy like Mukamu thats still learning.

GRCowboy

Reaction score
No, he's a good safety, but not worth more than about 5 million a year long term.

I remember how we got ridiculed for passing on drafting Thornhill the safety at KC. Turns out Wilson might be just as solid or better. We have 3 stud safeties plus a guy like Mukamu thats still learning.
That's more of a copium-induced post than anything else, because the reality is Trysten Hill was a complete zero and off the team and we would still be having Thornhill on his rookie contract if we'd drafted him over Hill.

Keep coping. :thumbup: