Is Farley our CB target?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Well he was a 1st rounder but point still remains. You're right. I honestly forget he's even on this team lol.
it's all our history and philosophy of the draft and FA. Go cheap in FA, and go cheap in the draft and pick the guy who would have been picked top 5 if he didn't have multiple fractures and ligament tears in his senior year.....I would almost be disppointed if we got away from this line of thinking, lol

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think we might be wise to move down to a handful of picks to take Horn or possibly the same deal for Horn.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
A healthy Farley at 10 is an option - but he's not healthy.

The problem is back issues, even outpatient ones, can be reoccurring. This isn't Farley's first rodeo as he dealt with recurring back spasms in 2019. His ACL tear in 2017 doesn't concern me as he came back from it explosive as ever, but we haven't seen this guy in a uniform for nearly 18 months and backs never just get better (paging Tyron).

I think he'll still go round one, but he's probably dropped himself into the second half.

Reaction score
Farley could be more a possibility at 44 than 10th overall. Especially with these latest issues regarding his bad back.
Cowboys have already been burnt with taking guys high with hindering injuries (ala LVE, Jaylon) don't think they are gonna do so
again with picks that high.

Farley dropping that far may be too good to pass up and they think he is worth a 2nd rd look in according to their medical staff.
I'd be wondering with it being CoVid 19 crisis, how much can they really find up with their physical exams ?

From what I am hearing from media and draftniks, the hype is more JC Horn than it is Farley at this point.
Draftniks are incinerating that it's gonna be Surtain over Horn because he is more polished, game battled tested and technical sound than Horn,
But Horn admirers are convincing people that:
- he is more ball hawk aggressive than Surtain,
- more athletically gifted than Surtain
- and he has more upside/potential than Surtain

A lot of “hot takes” in this post. (Incinerating? burnt)

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Following our history of drafting damaged goods and rehabbing them to increase our draft results at the lowest cost vs highest value..Farley is our natural choice. Seems crystal clear. This would explain why Sustain is not being contacted as he is not being selected.

Hope you guys can handle what's coming. I try to prepare you folks. Stop all the speculation..

Aaron Rodgers would tell you R-E-L-A-X..:rolleyes:

Maybe a 2nd round choice if he makes it there. We generally have saved the 2nd round for high risk/reward players. The Cowboys have met with Surtain over the last couple of days as well as Horn again. If Surtain is there at 10 I would make him the pick, otherwise open to trading down and hopefully getting Horn in the 14 to 16 range.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
it's all our history and philosophy of the draft and FA. Go cheap in FA, and go cheap in the draft and pick the guy who would have been picked top 5 if he didn't have multiple fractures and ligament tears in his senior year.....I would almost be disppointed if we got away from this line of thinking, lol
Bargain shopping. Buying low....and getting low in return.......

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Following our history of drafting damaged goods and rehabbing them to increase our draft results at the lowest cost vs highest value..Farley is our natural choice. Seems crystal clear. This would explain why Sustain is not being contacted as he is not being selected.

Hope you guys can handle what's coming. I try to prepare you folks. Stop all the speculation..

Aaron Rodgers would tell you R-E-L-A-X..:rolleyes:

Don't forget about Jaycee Horn, who has passed Farley on a number of boards/mocks.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Farley could be more a possibility at 44 than 10th overall. Especially with these latest issues regarding his bad back.
Cowboys have already been burnt with taking guys high with hindering injuries (ala LVE, Jaylon) don't think they are gonna do so
again with picks that high.

Farley dropping that far may be too good to pass up and they think he is worth a 2nd rd look in according to their medical staff.
I'd be wondering with it being CoVid 19 crisis, how much can they really find up with their physical exams ?

From what I am hearing from media and draftniks, the hype is more JC Horn than it is Farley at this point.
Draftniks are incinerating that it's gonna be Surtain over Horn because he is more polished, game battled tested and technical sound than Horn,
But Horn admirers are convincing people that:
- he is more ball hawk aggressive than Surtain,
- more athletically gifted than Surtain
- and he has more upside/potential than Surtain

Draftniks are burning people? Goodness, I thought this board was prone to overreaction.

davey999

Reaction score
Pass. Back issues at 20 is a bad sign - and probably not just physical.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Second rounder? Third rounder? At #10?
As late as they want to wait. Our defense will need at least a season under Quinn to improve and adapt to the changes. So the team can afforrd to take him later not figuring he will play in 2021 while he rehabs. This would fit with expectations for much more improvement in 2022 and Farley being ready to play. This just seems to obvious to me. Some team will see this and Fafrley will be gone earlier than expected.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I think Horn is the target but Surtain or Parsons wouldn’t surprise me. Farley is a target if there is a trade down.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Saying the Cowboys are going to draft Farley because of the history of Cowboys drafting damaged good is a stretch. Not all the Cowboys players they draft are injured and Farley's injury isn't a big deal.

Same thing with the Cowboys not contacting Surtain so that means they want Farley. What??? They don't contact every draft pick before the draft.

Seems like you are doing a lot of reaching with your post. In fact, I'll take any bet that the Cowboys DON'T draft Farley over Surtain.

I can't possibly see them taking Farley at 10. Technically he has the best numbers (been clocked at 4.28 / 40yds) but he has a chronic back with multiple low back surgeries (5?). So, @big dog cowboy, not worthy of a response IMO. I spent a career taking care of neurological issues in people, mostly traumas, but have spoken with at least a dozen neurosurgeons about back surgeries over the years and pretty much they all agree that once the vertebral column dynamics are upset there will almost always be issues with stability. This includes the discectomies Farley has had and it shows as he continues with low back problems even without football speed impact. Read his own explanation of his injuries where he more or less is trying to increase his draft value ($$$$$) by trying to instill confidence in teams.

What the discussion could be would be JC Horn vs P. Surtain II. I am liking JayCee more than Surtain. Check this link and also read the comments. Interesting stuff.

https://insidethestar.com/patrick-surtain-ii-or-jaycee-horn-whos-cowboys-preferred-cb1/

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I will say that I'll always trust the doctors and their medical opinions, but back coupled with not playing forever is a flag.

But of course Farley is going to say everything is swell as someone drafted at 30 instead of 10 is losing out on $6M guaranteed and another $2-3M in total value. He'd be dumb not to sell himself.