Is Farley our CB target?

RoboQB

Reaction score
No such thing as Minor Back Surgery.

Agreed.
With that said. I happen to know a couple dudes over 70 that play 5 rounds a week
after having back surgery. Now, I fully understand they aren't running or tackling anyone.
Although they still talk a lot of mess... lol

EJK24

Reaction score
Sort of late no?I would think if you were not interested to ignore them like we did. The higher ups go see players on their Pro Days..lnike they did with Ohio State. They must be interested in them. Hmmmm..

:huh:

How were they ignored? They attended Surtain's pro day and everything we've heard/read is they really like him and were more worried he'd get drafted before they had a shot at him.

I'm not saying they don't like Farley, maybe they do, but I don't think he's in play in the first round for us.

There's been zero indication of them disliking Horn/Surtain or that they want Farley over either one of them.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Idk i still think farley is going to be the best corner out of him, surtain and horn

conner01

Reaction score
They don't operate on your back generally unless it's a last resort...like there has been no relief from other modalities and treatment. And this after sitting out for a year. This has red flags all over it.

This is NOT normal for an athlete in his early 20's...especially one that has sat out for a year. A lot of times these come from a traumatic injury...but since he hasn't played it is doubtful that is the case. One of these happening on it's own randomly is pretty significant.

If we get him later....then maybe it is ok....but no way in hell should he be our first rounder.
I’d want my doctors to see what’s the deal with his back
If it’s not a serious risk I’d take a shot at 44
But not at 10

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Following our history of drafting damaged goods and rehabbing them to increase our draft results at the lowest cost vs highest value..Farley is our natural choice. Seems crystal clear. This would explain why Sustain is not being contacted as he is not being selected.

Hope you guys can handle what's coming. I try to prepare you folks. Stop all the speculation..

Aaron Rodgers would tell you R-E-L-A-X..:rolleyes:

Wow. A *multitude* of red flags, plus some Jerry gimmicks. Has Genius Jerry written all over him.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/caleb-farley/32004641-5212-2365-40b4-9ee5bfc899a7
Farley was an all-state quarterback in North Carolina as a high school senior and hoped to play on offense for the Hokies when he enrolled at Tech in January 2017. He wound up at receiver before suffering a knee injury on his first day of practice. Farley moved to defense as a redshirt freshman, starting 12 of 13 games played at cornerback (36 tackles, two interceptions, seven pass breakups). He led the ACC with 16 passes defended as a sophomore, garnering first-team All-ACC accolades despite missing the final two games due to injury (20 tackles, four interceptions in 11 contests). He opted out of the 2020 season, citing concerns about COVID-19 and the motivation to protect his father, Robert, from the virus. Farley's mother, Robin, passed away in January 2018 after battling breast cancer. Farley underwent a back procedure on March 23, which kept him from working out at Virginia Tech's March 26 pro day. -- by Chad Reuter
Though I don't see how they count on him as their future young starter. Seems like our 2nd CB pick. That would make 2 high picks. If so, we cut Brown?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Saying the Cowboys are going to draft Farley because of the history of Cowboys drafting damaged good is a stretch. Not all the Cowboys players they draft are injured and Farley's injury isn't a big deal.

Of course we don't always draft injured players. There aren't always prime players coming to the draft injured. But we *do* take them before other teams do.

Knee issues as a freshman, then opted out of football in 2020 and *still* needed a back "procedure" in March.

Though I wonder how they're feeling now about drafting injured players. LVE and Jaylon look like busts, while Gregory would need a good season this year to be adequate value for a late 2nd rounder. In 2018 these looked like genius picks. Now, not. It's always *possible* that Jerry will learn new trick in his old age.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I heard "back surgery" and I was thinking "spine". Outpatient sounds like not.

Should get the details on his back "procedure", but I can't see how an outpatient surgery could be about something seriously threatening his back.

Discectomy....they take out part of the disk that is the cushioning between the vertebra....either the spinal cord or a nerve root was being pinched by the disk and causing him pain or numbness or something similar. It's fairly significant. And it isn't something common for healthy athletes in their early 20's.

Generally with disc surgery you push it off as long as you can handle the pain.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Discectomy....they take out part of the disk that is the cushioning between the vertebra....either the spinal cord or a nerve root was being pinched by the disk and causing him pain or numbness or something similar. It's fairly significant. And it isn't something common for healthy athletes in their early 20's.

Generally with disc surgery you push it off as long as you can handle the pain.

Oooh. Spine. Sounds significant to me.

Any chance he had it done at Jerry's sports clinic? That doc is how we got Jaylon.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Sort of late no?I would think if you were not interested to ignore them like we did. The higher ups go see players on their Pro Days..lnike they did with Ohio State. They must be interested in them. Hmmmm..

:huh:
Dallas was at their pro days and had talks with them before. With the restrictions its much harder to meet with these players

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I'll have some of whatever you're smoking. No way do you take him over Pitts, Sewell, Surtain or Horn. If you want him, you can get him much later so trade back and get more picks
I would absolutely take him over Pitts and Sewell - wasted picks. Not saying they aren't worth a top 10 pic or lack talent or anything other than they don't feel a need of the Cowboys. Pitts, while a great player, what will he add that we don't have? He is a TE and would be the 3rd or 4th option here, same as Jarwin and Shultz. Sewell would likely not even see the field unless of injury or if you move him to guard. I don't pick a player at 10 that might or might not play.

I would take him over Horn. Surtain if there would prob be a better option but not because of the back surgery thing, I just like his game better.

coult44

Reaction score
Following our history of drafting damaged goods and rehabbing them to increase our draft results at the lowest cost vs highest value..Farley is our natural choice. Seems crystal clear. This would explain why Sustain is not being contacted as he is not being selected.

Hope you guys can handle what's coming. I try to prepare you folks. Stop all the speculation..

Aaron Rodgers would tell you R-E-L-A-X..:rolleyes:
I actually had this same exact thought last week. That would be 100% typical Cowboys FO trying time be smarter than everyone else.

vicjagger

Reaction score
All the smart GMs in the league have already agreed to let us have him.

conner01

Reaction score
After *not* playing football for a year.
I don’t know the whole story of his back but his stock would be much higher had he did it earlier, recovered and had a great pro day
Backs aren’t like knees
They’ve really improved knee injuries to the point most come back fine
Backs are a different world and he’s a little guy compared to the guys he has to take on in run game
There’s a point the talent is worth the risk
10 ain’t the place and to me no where in first round is

Verdict

Reaction score
He won't be there in round 2. If we trade down perhaps he's a target. Yes we are always the smartest, craftiness guy in the room. I agree this has Jerry written all over it.

If he’s not there in the second or third round, it won’t bother me.

Reactions: CWR

Verdict

Reaction score
I don’t know the whole story of his back but his stock would be much higher had he did it earlier, recovered and had a great pro day
Backs aren’t like knees
They’ve really improved knee injuries to the point most come back fine
Backs are a different world and he’s a little guy compared to the guys he has to take on in run game
There’s a point the talent is worth the risk
10 ain’t the place and to me no where in first round is
I have to say I agree with you. You can’t be wasting 1st round picks.