Is Fields still a lock at 2?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
A lot of guys have "tools". Fields seems high reward but oodles of risk. You look at him and Lawrence and frankly there is no comparison IMO - Lawrence has tools as well but his bust factor seems way less than Fields.
The best thing about comparing Fields to Lawrence is they will play head to head in two weeks. The game last year was awesome. Hopefully this years will be too.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Baker Mayfield has struggled almost his entire NFL career and has just recently show a pulse the last 2 weeks.

When you play the Browns the goal is to stop those Runningbacks.. Baker is an afterthought.
I Don't disagree and wouldn't of took him #1.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
A lot of guys have "tools". Fields seems high reward but oodles of risk. You look at him and Lawrence and frankly there is no comparison IMO - Lawrence has tools as well but his bust factor seems way less than Fields.
Where do you rank fields against other QBs this draft?

KB1122

Reaction score
How do you throw three interceptions when your receivers are always wide open?

conner01

Reaction score
Fields scares me
Wilson I haven’t really watched since I don’t think QB is gonna be a first round thought for this team
But he may pass fields
Fields was really bad this week and sure didn’t look like a top 5 player to me and he didn’t the week before either

KB1122

Reaction score
Who was the last Ohio State quarterback who was good in the pros?

Art Schlichter, maybe?

Was Kyle Orton from OSU? Was he really any good? He maybe had one good year.

EDIT:

ANSWER: NEVER!

There has never been a good pro quarterback from OSU.

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
i'm not sold.
excellent college player but i'm not sold about him being a top 5 pick.

cowboyec

Reaction score

Art Schlichter, maybe?

EDIT:

i thought orton was from purdue.
maybe not.

kskboys

Reaction score
I wouldnt draft him in the 1st Rd,screams another Haskins to me.

I don't watch a ton of college football, but I did watch his last couple of games. Not impressed. At all.

I was thinking Vince Young, but Haskins also.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If not 2, then 3.

Teams draft traits, and he has them all. He doesn't need to be a polished, finished product right now.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

Art Schlichter, maybe?

EDIT:

This doesn't matter.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
When was he ever a lock at 2?

It took me about 10 minutes of YouTube clips to say not so fast my friends.

Im not ready to say he will bust or anything but people actually thought he compared to Lawrence..

But..

So did a lot of people who get paid for opinions on things like this.. Ex players.. Ect...

He may turn out great but he looks like Dak 2.0 to me at best.. Better deep ball than Dak and a better athlete but he gives me game manager vibes and not Elite carry the team on his shoulders vibes..

Trevor Lawrence I think can make a 7-9 football team a 10-6 team. He’s worth 2 or 3 extra regular season wins.

As of today I think Zach Wilson has more skill than any of these QBs.. More upside? No.. But he is a very polished player and his play style is hard to stop at the NFL level.

A lot of Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers in his game.

Competition is a concern but I look at QBs as lottery tickets and I’m willing to gamble on the chance to be great.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It took me about 10 minutes of YouTube clips to say not so fast my friends.

Im not ready to say he will bust or anything but people actually thought he compared to Lawrence..

But..

So did a lot of people who get paid for opinions on things like this.. Ex players.. Ect...

He may turn out great but he looks like Dak 2.0 to me at best.. Better deep ball than Dak and a better athlete but he gives me game manager vibes and not Elite carry the team on his shoulders vibes..

Trevor Lawrence I think can make a 7-9 football team a 10-6 team. He’s worth 2 or 3 extra regular season wins.

As of today I think Zach Wilson has more skill than any of these QBs.. More upside? No.. But he is a very polished player and his play style is hard to stop at the NFL level.

A lot of Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers in his game.

Competition is a concern but I look at QBs as lottery tickets and I’m willing to gamble on the chance to be great.

I agree with pretty much all of this. Lawrence is the consensus number 1 guy, he has it all but I think Wilson is the best QB in this draft. It's really a shame, to be honest because I think Wilson is going to end up with the Jets and they will ruin him. He's not a NY guy, they will not put the players around him and he will get his but kicked until he's broken and that's gonna suck. But, I do believe he is the best QB in this draft if he goes to the right situation. Fields, he's a guy who might be able to be a starter but he's like 4th or 5th QB in this draft IMO. I like Lawrence, Wilson and then Lance and again, with Lance, you have a situation where he cold end up in Detroit and again, it will ruin him. So I could actually see Fields ending up having a better career because he will likely go to a better situation. Fields, to me, he's an Ohio State QB that plays on a team with talent that goes three deep at every position. Fields doesn't have to make the tough NFL throw. He has the easy throw almost always and while that isn't his fault, I don't draft a kid at the top of the draft if I haven't seen him make NFL type throws. That's just my opinion.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I agree with pretty much all of this. Lawrence is the consensus number 1 guy, he has it all but I think Wilson is the best QB in this draft. It's really a shame, to be honest because I think Wilson is going to end up with the Jets and they will ruin him. He's not a NY guy, they will not put the players around him and he will get his but kicked until he's broken and that's gonna suck. But, I do believe he is the best QB in this draft if he goes to the right situation. Fields, he's a guy who might be able to be a starter but he's like 4th or 5th QB in this draft IMO. I like Lawrence, Wilson and then Lance and again, with Lance, you have a situation where he cold end up in Detroit and again, it will ruin him. So I could actually see Fields ending up having a better career because he will likely go to a better situation. Fields, to me, he's an Ohio State QB that plays on a team with talent that goes three deep at every position. Fields doesn't have to make the tough NFL throw. He has the easy throw almost always and while that isn't his fault, I don't draft a kid at the top of the draft if I haven't seen him make NFL type throws. That's just my opinion.

If I’m the Jets I consider Sewell and actually build something around Darnold that’s NFL worthy.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If I’m the Jets I consider Sewell and actually build something around Darnold that’s NFL worthy.

I would absolutely take Sewell and keep Darnold. I'd trade that pick to an Atlanta or Carolina and keep Darnold and help him but that's kinda not what I'm hearing from NY, which is just further proof as to why the Jets are where good QBs go to die.

Sydla

Reaction score

I think it would go like this:

Lawrence

Fields
Wilson
Lance
Trask
Jones

Fields is #2 because of his skill set but you are taking a kid high who has significant bust factor IMO.