Is Fields still a lock at 2?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'm glad you agree. Here is the entire post, not just the part you post to try and create a lie out of, Post #36:

Fields, to me, he's an Ohio State QB that plays on a team with talent that goes three deep at every position. Fields doesn't have to make the tough NFL throw. He has the easy throw almost always and while that isn't his fault, I don't draft a kid at the top of the draft if I haven't seen him make NFL type throws. That's just my opinion.

Your entire premise is based on him being an “Ohio State QB.” You then try substantiating that opinion with overgeneralized claims “Fields doesn’t have to make the tough throws...he has the easy throw almost always...”

Brilliant analysis.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Your entire premise is based on him being an “Ohio State QB.” You then try substantiating that opinion with overgeneralized claims “Fields doesn’t have to make the tough throws...he has the easy throw almost always...”

Brilliant analysis.

Your entire post history is one of failure. You post BS and when you get nailed, you lie, you tell half truths, you simply refuse to be rational. You believe that the average poster will not go back and actually read the thread and see for themselves what is posted. I mean, that's probably true, many probably don't but it doesn't make it true. It makes you a sorry poster. You aren't qualified to tell anybody anything, much less try and tell me what my position is on anything. This will be the last post I respond to with you. You are a poster that is simply not worth my time and I will not waste any more of it on you.

See you around.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Fields = Vince Young

I see Dak with more athleticism and better deep ball.

Both big tanky guys.

Like Dak there isn’t a lot of anticipation on his throws.. See a guy open and then throw.

I think Fields is solid but the comparison to Lawrence was way off.

Now he could go to a great situation and perform better than Lawrence early on but talent for talent I got Fields as my #3 QB right now behind Lawrence and Zach Wilson.

Now the question becomes who has more upside.. Lance or Fields?

That’s a pick id hate to have to make.

Meanwhile Mac Jones is just good at everything and will probably go somewhere like New England and be better than all of them.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Your entire post history is one of failure. You post BS and when you get nailed, you lie, you tell half truths, you simply refuse to be rational. You believe that the average poster will not go back and actually read the thread and see for themselves what is posted. I mean, that's probably true, many probably don't but it doesn't make it true. It makes you a sorry poster. You aren't qualified to tell anybody anything, much less try and tell me what my position is on anything. This will be the last post I respond to with you. You are a poster that is simply not worth my time and I will not waste any more of it on you.

See you around.

Lol, shut up.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The more I go back and rewatch fields the more I think he’s not only a lock for qb2, but we may actually see discussions of him passing Lawrence.

personally I think Lawrence is the better prospect, but fields is much more advanced than I thought. Very accurate arm, strong enough to make tough throws outside the hash marks. Extremely patient in the pocket with good awareness. Not a one read qb as some seem to think.

fields seems to be a true student of the game as well. Very impressed with the communication he has with his teammates. The chemistry he has with Chris olave reminds me of the witten/romo connection. The number of option routes they run and the ability for them to be on the same page all the time is extremely rare at the college level. It really seems like fields turnover issues have come when backups are in the game at receiver. That chemistry just isn’t there. It doesn’t seem to be poor throws that get him in trouble.

Fields needs a good showing vs Clemson this week to be in the conversation to pass Lawrence, but don’t be shocked if that chatter starts. It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see a team fall in love with fields.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I don't know why teams keep thinking these running QBs are going to be great in the NFL. Look as Fields 2 games against quality opponents this year...2 TDs and 5 picks.

When he stands in a clean pocket for 5 seconds and can throw to wide open WRs or run he's great. When he actually has to quickly go through progressions and faces pressure he's not.

This is why Lawrence is an elite prospect...and Fields is not.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I don't know why teams keep thinking these running QBs are going to be great in the NFL. Look as Fields 2 games against quality opponents this year...2 TDs and 5 picks.

When he stands in a clean pocket for 5 seconds and can throw to wide open WRs or run he's great. When he actually has to quickly go through progressions and faces pressure he's not.

This is why Lawrence is an elite prospect...and Fields is not.

Lawrence ran for more yards (563) than Fields (484) last year and just 73 yards less over the course of their 3 year college careers.

Dak ran almost 1,500 more yards than both of those guys.

KB1122

Reaction score
Being quarterback at OSU teaches you to hold the ball too long, to shorten a previous post. If you hold it that extra second, then good things will happen.

Beaker42

Reaction score
He had 3 INTs vs Indiana and looks horrible today vs Northwestern. Started 9/21 with 2 picks.

I’d be very hesitant of drafting him high. And for those who use COVID of teammates being out as an excuse, he’s not going to go to a team full of playmakers if he’s drafted by Jets or Jags.

So if he’s like Dak and needs everything perfect for the first 2-3 years before he develops and can do more on his own, is that really a top 2 pick?
IMO no, he’s not. He’s QB 3 behind Wilson.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Lawrence ran for more yards (563) than Fields (484) last year and just 73 yards less over the course of their 3 year college careers.

Dak ran almost 1,500 more yards than both of those guys.

I think you know what “running QB” means.

Beaker42

Reaction score
The best thing about comparing Fields to Lawrence is they will play head to head in two weeks. The game last year was awesome. Hopefully this years will be too.
He might be playing himself into the top pick. Lawrence is playing poorly.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He might be playing himself into the top pick. Lawrence is playing poorly.
Lawrence has the look and measurables. He will be the first pick. The best Fields can do is be the second quarterback picked in the draft. If I were the Jets I would draft Fields.

My3Sons

Reaction score
Fields playing himself back into the top 2 discussion tonight. He had a couple of bad games, but he is making a statement tonight.