Is Garrett coaching for his job Sunday Night?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I imagine if we get blown out..... that some heads might roll. Which led me to think who could take over to save the season?

We all know Jerry has basically neutered Garrett by taking his play calling duties away...So what is Garrett good for? All he does is clap and encourage the players...takes the heat from the media for the front office mess.

And that's about it.

He doesn't make game day decisions. He's not in charge of the 53 roster. Doesn't make the game day 46....

Who couldn't do this job?

Which led me to speculate.....If it worked for Miami hiring Dan Campbell to get things fired up.......then maybe the Cowboys could look towards..............

B70pVXTIgAEw63T.jpg:large

Marc Colombo

A Parcells Disciple.....like Dan Campbell.

Won't take a bunch of BS from the players.......And might instill some fire in the team......

Won't be intimidated by Greg Hardy....like Garrett is.

If we are sitting @ 2-6........I just don't see how Garrett survives 0-6 without Romo. Dave Campo never lost 5 straight...let alone 6. And Stephen Jones just said yesterday....losing 5 straight is "unacceptable".

Which makes me believe with all the expectations this team had going into the season....alot more could be riding on this game than anybody realizes.

Last edited:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Garrett is safe this season. The decimation of this team by injuries assures him a mulligan.

Week Date Opponent Result Record Game site TV NFL.com
recap
1 September 7 San Francisco 49ers L 17–28 0–1 AT&T Stadium Fox Recap
2 September 14 at Tennessee Titans W 26–10 1–1 LP Field Fox Recap
3 September 21 at St. Louis Rams W 34–31 2–1 Edward Jones Dome Fox Recap
4 September 28 New Orleans Saints W 38–17 3–1 AT&T Stadium NBC Recap
5 October 5 Houston Texans W 20–17 (OT) 4–1 AT&T Stadium CBS Recap
6 October 12 at Seattle Seahawks W 30–23 5–1 CenturyLink Field Fox Recap
7 October 19 New York Giants W 31–21 6–1 AT&T Stadium Fox Recap
8 October 27 Washington Commanders L 17–20 (OT) 6–2 AT&T Stadium ESPN Recap
9 November 2 Arizona Cardinals L 17–28 6–3 AT&T Stadium Fox Recap
10 November 9 at Jacksonville Jaguars W 31–17 7–3 Wembley Stadium (London, England) Fox Recap
11 Bye
12 November 23 at New York Giants W 31–28 8–3 MetLife Stadium NBC Recap
13 November 27 Philadelphia Eagles L 10–33 8–4 AT&T Stadium Fox Recap
14 December 4 at Chicago Bears W 41–28 9–4 Soldier Field NFLN Recap
15 December 14 at Philadelphia Eagles W 38–27 10–4 Lincoln Financial Field NBC Recap
16 December 21 Indianapolis Colts W 42–7 11–4 AT&T Stadium CBS Recap
17 December 28 at Washington Commanders W 44–17 12–4 FedEx Field Fox Recap

If you look @ Jason Garrett's coaching career .......an arguement could be made 2014 was really a mirage.

This team could have easily lost/should have been beaten by St. Louis, Houston, Seattle and Gaints. And where would that have the Cowboys? 8-8...

Just like the previous 3 years under Garrett.

Team Year Regular season Postseason
Won Lost Ties Win % Finish Won Lost Win % Result
DAL* 2010 5 3 0 .625 3rd in NFCEast – – – –
DAL 2011 8 8 0 .500 3rd in NFC East – – – –
DAL 2012 8 8 0 .500 3rd in NFC East – – – –
DAL 2013 8 8 0 .500 2nd in NFCEast – – – –
DAL 2014 12 4 0 .750 1st in NFC East 1 1 .500 Lost to Green Bay Packers in NFC Divisional Game
DAL 2015 2 5 0 .333 4th in NFC East

I think we may have finally seen Garrett's true colors this year....and he is never going to be any more than just a bus driver. Just like when he was a player.

Coaching is so important...Something the Jones family has never really understood. Having the right coach pushing all the right buttons...is the only way to go.

Not some clapping puppet.
AP407808100111-512x400.jpg

Proximo

Reaction score
What a dumb premise. Thinking there's any real chance Garrett gets fired during this season is nothing more than a far fetched fantasy that exists in the heads of fans who dislike or don't believe in Garrett.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Garrett will be here as long as Romo is here. But here is what concerns. A real.....REAL....GM...would recognize that this offense design and philosophy is not something you should subject our future qb to. So I would not let Garrett have any input in picking, developing or mentoring our QB of the future. When we draft or trade for our future QB....Garrett would be gone if I were in charge. Would love a Sean Payton to develop our future franchise QB!

Proximo

Reaction score
Garrett will be here as long as Romo is here. But here is what concerns. A real.....REAL....GM...would recognize that this offense design and philosophy is not something you should subject our future qb to. So I would not let Garrett have any input in picking, developing or mentoring our QB of the future. When we draft or trade for our future QB....Garrett would be gone if I were in charge. Would love a Sean Payton to develop our future franchise QB!

Garrett will be here long after Romo is gone. Mark my words.

cml750

Reaction score
No Garrett is not on the hot seat but he should be!!!!

Hardline

Reaction score
He is more likely to get offered a contract extension than to get fired.
Those of you hoping he will get fired need to find something else to worry about .

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First of all I've about had enough of the clap clap on the sidelines. that said, a guy named Wade Phillips was struggling to coach the Cowboys and young guy named Jason Garrett came in (without Tony Romo) and turned the team around to finish the season strong. So there's your Campbell analogy. As has been said I think we're a ways from the end of Garrett

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
Anywhere else and he would be, but this is Dallas and the standards are really low here. Garrett shouldn't even be employed as it is, so of course he'll survive.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Garret is coaching for his job, but Romo will replace him as Player/Coach next year. Throw and Clap.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
I imagine if we get blown out..... that some heads might roll. Which led me to think who could take over to save the season?

We all know Jerry has basically neutered Garrett by taking his play calling duties away...So what is Garrett good for? All he does is clap and encourage the players...takes the heat from the media for the front office mess.

And that's about it.

He doesn't make game day decisions. He's not in charge of the 53 roster. Doesn't make the game day 46....

Who couldn't do this job?

Which led me to speculate.....If it worked for Miami hiring Dan Campbell to get things fired up.......then maybe the Cowboys could look towards..............

B70pVXTIgAEw63T.jpg:large

Marc Colombo

A Parcells Disciple.....like Dan Campbell.

Won't take a bunch of BS from the players.......And might instill some fire in the team......

Won't be intimidated by Greg Hardy....like Garrett is.

If we are sitting @ 2-6........I just don't see how Garrett survives 0-6 without Romo. Dave Campo never lost 5 straight...let alone 6. And Stephen Jones just said yesterday....losing 5 straight is "unacceptable".

Which makes me believe with all the expectations this team had going into the season....alot more could be riding on this game than anybody realizes.

mdG9OvM_700wa_0.gif

The Natural

Reaction score
You know what, Garrett is a little too comfortable. I want to see some urgency out of his gameplan Sunday night that we haven't seen in the last month. Players shouldnt be the only ones feeling heat.