Is Garrett coaching for his job Sunday Night?

Proximo

Reaction score
I used to be a Garrett supporter...but It's really starting to become apparent....he just isn't the guy. He doesn't inspire anybody. And the RKG memo got completely thrown out the window. I think your starting to see the signs that the end is much closer than most realize. When you have a neutered coach....players see that. How can a player respect that?

You see signs that he has already lost control of the players....Joe Randle disobeying going over the top in the Saints game...Then going off when demoted. Hardy beating down the special teams coach. Mincey's unsportsman like penalty vs the Giants....All signs of lack of team control.

Jerry set a precedent by firing Wade mid-season. I don't think he will have a choice if this losing streak reaches a few more games.

Cool.

How are things going in fantasy land otherwise? I hope you're enjoying yourself there.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
I imagine if we get blown out..... that some heads might roll. Which led me to think who could take over to save the season?

We all know Jerry has basically neutered Garrett by taking his play calling duties away...So what is Garrett good for? All he does is clap and encourage the players...takes the heat from the media for the front office mess.

NFL Head Coaches that do not call plays:
John Harbaugh (Super Bowl Winner)
Ron Rivera
John Fox
Marvin Lewis
Mike McCarthy (Super Bowl Winner)
Dan Campbell (Since Floaty loves him)
Bill Belichik (4 Time Super Bowl Winner)
Tom Coughlin (Super Bowl Winner)
Pete Carroll (Super Bowl Winner and Excessive Clapper)
Jeff Fisher

Only ten head coaches in the NFL call their own plays. Only one has won a Super Bowl: Sean Payton.

Floaty also has not provided any definitive proof that Garrett does not decide the active 46 or make game day decisions. That is pure speculation on his part falsely represented as fact.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Everybody should look at Floaty's posting history. Since the history does not go further back than 2014, you'll have to Google his username along with Cowboyszone.com.

You will find that he has been trying to have Garrett fired since nearly the beginning. This anti-Garrett agenda of his is nothing new, so don't believe his "former supporter with a changed mind" schtick.

And what's the problem with that? I mean, you're saying he was right from Day 1. I pimped Garrett hard and wanted him promoted and I was wrong.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
And what's the problem with that? I mean, you're saying he was right from Day 1. I pimped Garrett hard and wanted him promoted and I was wrong.

If you believe he is right then you are not among the posters my post was directed to.

And the fact that Floaty claims he is a former supporter of Garrett's yet he obviously was not makes him a dishonest sensationalist that is using the most recent situation to further his long lasting anti-Garrett agenda. If that's the kind of poster you'd prefer to support, then all power to you.

Macnalty

Reaction score
I would like to think Garrett is playing for his coaching job each week, that is the optimist in me. Reality is he has crawled into a shell offensively and has had no luck with turnovers/penalties and special team play where in the past this saved him a couple of times from the magnifying glass turned in his direction.

dfense

Reaction score
This post is so dumb I didn't even want to reply.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I hope Jerry grabs the coaching headset once and for all

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Don't be fooled by that.....That was to take the heat off this year. Going back to last season......Garrett's seat might have been the hottest of all the coaches to start the year. And I'm not so sure that has been forgotten.

What am I being fooled by? Was it really a 2-year deal and Jerry lied to the public about it? Jerry is not going to eat a historic amount of cash and admit failure. There should not be any serious discussion about Garrett being fired until 2017 at the earliest.

Sydla

Reaction score
Top answer the OP........ absolutely not. The Jones family is completely and utterly in the tank for Garrett and this season has already been written off as one of those bad luck seasons.

IMO, it would take a collapse next year for them to even think about moving on from Garrett. At the earliest, I could see them moving Garrett out after the 2017 season.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I think the ownership would be more inclined to change coordinators than the head coach.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
What am I being fooled by? Was it really a 2-year deal and Jerry lied to the public about it? Jerry is not going to eat a historic amount of cash and admit failure. There should not be any serious discussion about Garrett being fired until 2017 at the earliest.

Has any coach suffered a 6 game losing streak and live to coach the next season?

Besides...Jimmy?

Welp...answering my own question Gus Bradley.... Jags last season started 0-6 and lived to see another day....Anyone else?

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Garrett is not going anywhere. He has the pulse of the team and he has a system in place that works when the pieces are in place.

Actually, I am mildly surprised the Cowboys have done as well as they have without Romo. They have been in every contest except for the New England game. No way Garrett's job is in jeopardy. Not because of injury.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I imagine if we get blown out..... that some heads might roll. Which led me to think who could take over to save the season?

We all know Jerry has basically neutered Garrett by taking his play calling duties away...So what is Garrett good for? All he does is clap and encourage the players...takes the heat from the media for the front office mess.

And that's about it.

He doesn't make game day decisions. He's not in charge of the 53 roster. Doesn't make the game day 46....

Who couldn't do this job?

Which led me to speculate.....If it worked for Miami hiring Dan Campbell to get things fired up.......then maybe the Cowboys could look towards..............

B70pVXTIgAEw63T.jpg:large

Marc Colombo

A Parcells Disciple.....like Dan Campbell.

Won't take a bunch of BS from the players.......And might instill some fire in the team......

Won't be intimidated by Greg Hardy....like Garrett is.

If we are sitting @ 2-6........I just don't see how Garrett survives 0-6 without Romo. Dave Campo never lost 5 straight...let alone 6. And Stephen Jones just said yesterday....losing 5 straight is "unacceptable".

Which makes me believe with all the expectations this team had going into the season....alot more could be riding on this game than anybody realizes.

:bow:

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Has any coach suffered a 6 game losing streak and live to coach the next season?

Besides...Jimmy?

Welp...answering my own question Gus Bradley.... Jags last season started 0-6 and lived to see another day....Anyone else?

This collides with, "has any NFL coach ever been fired after the first year of a 5 year contract"... which do you think is going to win?

Also, there's nothing magical about a 6 game losing streak. You can go 2-14 and not lose six in a row. It doesn't really have anything to do with anything.