Is Garrett just plain dumb?

waldoputty

Reaction score
@vlad already posted about the penalty decision between 2nd and goal at around the 9 or 1st and goal at around the 13. it is plain obvious you decline the penalty. instead garrett took the penalty and gave the giants an extra down. i think most of us were immediately wondering what in the world is going on.

you combine that with some of the well known time keeping mistakes and repeated mistakes. and also the lack of creativity. i am coming to the plain simple conclusion that this mistake is not from time pressure, but the man may just be really dumb even if he is good at kissing ***.

is there any other reasonable explanation? i know he went to princeton, but a lot of jogs at princeton r supposed to be pretty dumb...

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
@vlad already posted about the penalty decision between 2nd and goal at around the 9 or 1st and goal at around the 13. it is plain obvious you decline the penalty. instead garrett took the penalty and gave the giants an extra down. i think most of us were immediately wondering what in the world is going on.

you combine that with some of the well known time keeping mistakes and repeated mistakes. i am coming to the plain simple conclusion that this is not a mistake because of time pressure, but the man may just be really dumb even if he is good at kissing ***.

is there any other reasonable explanation? i know he went to princeton, but a lot of jogs at princeton r supposed to be pretty dumb...

Book smart isnt street or sports smart.

ghst187

Reaction score

you combine that with some of the well known time keeping mistakes and repeated mistakes. and also the lack of creativity. i am coming to the plain simple conclusion that this mistake is not from time pressure, but the man may just be really dumb even if he is good at kissing ***.

Yes, there are many Madden gamers that are far more competent at managing games than JG.
That is one of the many reasons I can't stand him and one of his deficiencies that has singlehandedly, in some cases, kept us from winning more games.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dumb is probably the last adjective people use to describe him. And second guessing a penalty decision isn’t a reasonable basis for pretending he’s stupid.

If you want to criticize the guy, knock yourselves out. At least try to keep it realistic though.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Well Putty, he seems of adequate competence in those post game press interviews, in fact,I think he's a fantastic P.R. GUY,,,(passing grade of A)as a HEAD COACH? ,,,He certainly leaves much to be desired & While on the surface, a reasoned person of thought would have to give him a passing grade of C( based solely from his compiled .500% league average body of work) yet,when it got down to the tough nutcracking time ( the whole 2015 season) he was being proved out to be a Grade of F award recipient, which should make the person of reasoned thought begin to wonder, that were it not for the #9 through his sheer competitive will to win,the process of PROJECT GARRETT should've ended a LONG TIME AGO,,,ya-knowo_O

jay94

Reaction score
I doubt dumb is the way to describe Garret, but to be stubborn beyond a fault, I think we could easily come to a conclusion like that. He controlled what they could control and let the biggest single performance affect a whole team on letting the left tackle get completely destroyed vs Atlanta, that was embarrassing for them and the team.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Dumb is probably the last adjective people use to describe him. And second guessing a penalty decision isn’t a reasonable basis for pretending he’s stupid.

If you want to criticize the guy, knock yourselves out. At least try to keep it realistic though.
:lmao:,,,er,,I might be partially held to blame for deeply imprinting & branding dumb & stupid across the PUTTY'S forehead of thoughts,being an indelible& irreversible result from the ol' MELON-WALDO Wars,,,ya-knowo_O

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

waldoputty

Reaction score
Well Putty, he seems of adequate competence in those post game press interviews, in fact,I think he's a fantastic P.R. GUY,,,(passing grade of A)as a HEAD COACH? ,,,He certainly leaves much to be desired & While on the surface, a reasoned person of thought would have to give him a passing grade of C( based solely from his compiled .500% league average body of work) yet,when it got down to the tough nutcracking time ( the whole 2015 season) he was being proved out to be a Grade of F award recipient, which should make the person of reasoned thought begin to wonder, that were it not for the #9 through his sheer competitive will to win,the process of PROJECT GARRETT should've ended a LONG TIME AGO,,,ya-knowo_O

it is possible for someone to be dumb and yet to have good verbal skills.
one can sound articulate by simply being able to repeat what they have heard. on the other hand, analytical skills are needed for deductively reasoning and that is what it seems garrett is sorely lacking.

look at what he did in getting into princeton/columbia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Garrett#College_career):
"Garrett was accepted to Princeton, where he began as the starting quarterback of the freshman team, registering 64 completions on 116 attempts for 996 yards. He transferred to Columbia University when his father, Jim Garrett became the head coach in 1985. Following his father's resignation after Columbia's 0–10 1985 season, he and his brothers (Judd and John) transferred to Princeton University, although none played varsity in 1986 for different reasons (Jason was an ineligible transfer)."

what that tells me is that garrett was able to play politics/connections at a young age. he was clearly taught/able to leverage his father's position and his football talents to get accepted to princeton, transfer to columbia and back to princeton. nobody transfers out of a college and back in. so he is a skilled politician. so he is plenty good at putting on knee pads and giving the jones their jolly.

now intelligence includes verbal skills, but also has things like deductive reasoning and 3d spatial skills. and it is deductive reasoning and 3d spatial skills that are needed for creating good schemes and making good decisions. these are needed for what you call football sense. these intelligence components are what garrett is apparently sorely missing.

so i thereby double-down, garrett is simply dumb based on what we have seen in the 8 years of discontent.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I doubt dumb is the way to describe Garret, but to be stubborn beyond a fault, I think we could easily come to a conclusion like that. He controlled what they could control and let the biggest single performance affect a whole team on letting the left tackle get completely destroyed vs Atlanta, that was embarrassing for them and the team.

Dumb? No. Not even close. But he lacks football smarts.

As a HC, yes. And very awkward. A total miscast.

In most academic settings, I guess not. His feminine ways will thrive there.

as i just responded to melon of freud, intelligence has several components. garrett is plenty good in verbal skills, but lack deductive reasoning skills and 3d spatial skills.

he is also stubborn. people who lack deductive reasoning skills are often stubborn because they cannot think themselves out of a box.

so yes, he is just simply dumb.

waldoputty

Reaction score
:lmao:,,,er,,I might be partially held to blame for deeply imprinting & branding dumb & stupid across the PUTTY'S forehead of thoughts,being an indelible& irreversible result from the ol' MELON-WALDO Wars,,,ya-knowo_O

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

blaming melon of freud for all things dumb and stupid.
that is a big - no comment
;)

Melonfeud

Reaction score
:lmao:
nobody transfers out of a college and back in. so he is a skilled politician. so he is plenty good at putting on knee pads and giving the jones their jolly.

now intelligence includes verbal skills,

so i thereby double-down, .

Boy!. The only thing you've doubled downed on,is illuminating the DUMB in yer' wheelhouse of STUPIDITY BY this LAMEOIDED attempt in splashing some frebreeze on this steaming &stinking turd of PUTTYNESS yer pathetically pushing in yer' preposterously predictable preconceived product of LAMEBRAIN
( codenamed: CRAP)

:lmao2:

* gee WALLY ,you better Take a big bite OUTTA' yer' own PUTTYS POTTY parmesan of POOO! As the brown color of yer' eyeballs are losing their particular PUTTY'S POOP color ,thusly indicating yer' CRAP OUTFLOW is outpacing yer' ingestion rate,,,ya-knowo_O
:lmao:the wong done got the gong,so early in the day,TOO!:lmao:

waldoputty

Reaction score
:lmao:

Boy!. The only thing you've doubled downed on,is illuminating the DUMB in yer' wheelhouse of STUPIDITY BY this LAMEOIDED attempt in splashing some frebreeze on this steaming &stinking turd of PUTTYNESS yer pathetically pushing in yer' preposterously predictable preconceived product of LAMEBRAIN
( codenamed: CRAP)

:lmao2:

* gee WALLY ,you better Take a big bite OUTTA' yer' own PUTTYS POTTY parmesan of POOO! As the brown color of yer' eyeballs are losing their particular PUTTY'S POOP color ,thusly indicating yer' CRAP OUTFLOW is outpacing yer' ingestion rate,,,ya-knowo_O
:lmao:the wong done got the gong,so early in the day,TOO!:lmao:

sorry bro, but putty controls the gong.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He's not dumb, he's an idiot.