Is Garrett just plain dumb?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it is possible for someone to be dumb and yet to have good verbal skills.
one can sound articulate by simply being able to repeat what they have heard. on the other hand, analytical skills are needed for deductively reasoning and that is what it seems garrett is sorely lacking.

look at what he did in getting into princeton/columbia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Garrett#College_career):
"Garrett was accepted to Princeton, where he began as the starting quarterback of the freshman team, registering 64 completions on 116 attempts for 996 yards. He transferred to Columbia University when his father, Jim Garrett became the head coach in 1985. Following his father's resignation after Columbia's 0–10 1985 season, he and his brothers (Judd and John) transferred to Princeton University, although none played varsity in 1986 for different reasons (Jason was an ineligible transfer)."

what that tells me is that garrett was able to play politics/connections at a young age. he was clearly taught/able to leverage his father's position and his football talents to get accepted to princeton, transfer to columbia and back to princeton. nobody transfers out of a college and back in. so he is a skilled politician. so he is plenty good at putting on knee pads and giving the jones their jolly.

now intelligence includes verbal skills, but also has things like deductive reasoning and 3d spatial skills. and it is deductive reasoning and 3d spatial skills that are needed for creating good schemes and making good decisions. these are needed for what you call football sense. these intelligence components are what garrett is apparently sorely missing.

so i thereby double-down, garrett is simply dumb based on what we have seen in the 8 years of discontent.
So he has good oral skills.......

dallasdave

Reaction score
Well Putty, he seems of adequate competence in those post game press interviews, in fact,I think he's a fantastic P.R. GUY,,,(passing grade of A)as a HEAD COACH? ,,,He certainly leaves much to be desired & While on the surface, a reasoned person of thought would have to give him a passing grade of C( based solely from his compiled .500% league average body of work) yet,when it got down to the tough nutcracking time ( the whole 2015 season) he was being proved out to be a Grade of F award recipient, which should make the person of reasoned thought begin to wonder, that were it not for the #9 through his sheer competitive will to win,the process of PROJECT GARRETT should've ended a LONG TIME AGO,,,ya-knowo_O
That's project carrot top

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
yea @Ranching, @dallasdave and i all appreciate ur verbal skills, A LOT!
:lmao: do you even have the strained fingers grasp of a clue as in the when,why & how the 3 lettered word of YEA is to even be utilized ? ( excluding Jesus Christ's oft "yea verily" opening casing-liner)
SHEESE,PUTTY,,,,yer' basically proclaiming& painting the picture of yer pals, @Ranching & @dallasdave are SPORTIN' MATCHING FRILLY CHEERLEADER OUTFITS JUST LIKE THE ONE YER PRANCING AROUND IN,,,"YEA,ANTI-GARRETT TEAM,,,GO-FIGHT-WIN,,,RAH-RAH ,YEA" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:lmao:o_O:lmao:

dallasdave

Reaction score
:lmao: do you even have the strained fingers grasp of a clue as in the when,why & how the 3 lettered word of YEA is to even be utilized ? ( excluding Jesus Christ's oft "yea verily" opening casing-liner)
SHEESE,PUTTY,,,,yer' basically proclaiming& painting the picture of yer pals, @Ranching & @dallasdave are SPORTIN' MATCHING FRILLY CHEERLEADER OUTFITS JUST LIKE THE ONE YER PRANCING AROUND IN,,,"YEA,ANTI-GARRETT TEAM,,,GO-FIGHT-WIN,,,RAH-RAH ,YEA" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:omg::eek::omg:What ???

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Salud, Melon!! I need a drink or two to decipher wether you are cutting me down or building me up. It's all good! :dance::dance::dance:

waldoputty

Reaction score
@waldoputty --I think Melon is upset and his seeds are coming out all over !!! Might need to give him a quick course in Puttyism 101--Melon is over ripe and needs to be taken out. Think Melon is Garrett of our board :lmao2::lmao::lmao::laugh:

oh nasty visual!
melon dropped out of puttyism classes and is relegated to the red couch of shame.
even though we are his friends, there is not much we can do about it.