Is Garrett the best evaluator of talent we have ever had?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But the point I make is still salient. How can you try and claim that someones opinion is wrong when you are not even sure what the opinion might be?

I ask you again, did you go and look at the play calling during the season that Phillips got fired?
I’m not sure I said it was wrong just not factual?Because if it’s an opinion it’s not a factual statement until it’s actually proven to be. This sounds more like it’s too subjective to prove absolute?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I’m not sure I said it was wrong just not factual?Because if it’s an opinion it’s not a factual statement until it’s actually proven to be. This sounds more like it’s too subjective to prove absolute?

When you say "it", what are you referring to? Sounds to me like the subjective part is mostly because there is no detail behind what you are disagreeing with or about.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
You’d think so in most normal situations but with Romo especially since Jerry had him get more involved if you recall , I’m not sure Romo wouldn’t have the green light to over rule?
Perhaps, and it definitely stands to a reasoned view, yet,ya know I'm thinking were that really the case, FOOTBALL DaD more than likely would've greenlighted the immediate fielding of the #9 once he was cleared to play again
( IDK,though, skybox command might have
( obviously )already concluded by then, in a fresh approach at the Q.B.position ,,,&,,, a possibly envisioned trade of an healthy/uninjured #9 )

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Perhaps, and it definitely stands to a reasoned view, yet,ya know I'm thinking were that really the case, FOOTBALL DaD more than likely would've greenlighted the immediate fielding of the #9 once he was cleared to play again
( IDK,though, skybox command might have
( obviously )already concluded by then, in a fresh approach at the Q.B.position ,,,&,,, a possibly envisioned trade of an healthy/uninjured #9 )
In the end Jerry went with the enormous public wave of support for Dak. He was better off losing in the playoffs with Dak than taking a chance losing with Romo. And why our owner also wearing the GM hat is all too often a conflict of interest for Cowboys Football.

He would have been severely bashed if we’d lost in playoffs with Romo after benching Dak. And once he made the decision to go with Dak for the playoffs that was it for Romo here.

And why Jerry’s all in with Dak to prove it wasn’t a mistake.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
In the end Jerry went with the enormous public wave of support for Dak. He was better off losing in the playoffs with Dak than taking a chance losing with Romo. And why our owner also wearing the GM hat is all too often a conflict of interest for Cowboys Football.

He would have been severely bashed if we’d lost in playoffs with Romo after benching Dak. And once he made the decision to go with Dak for the playoffs that was it for Romo here.

And why Jerry’s all in with Dak to prove it wasn’t a mistake.
I can COPY on the plausibility in that opined view,,, yet ,again ,,,
( just my contrariant FEUDIAN nature?,,,er,,, kinda' akin to like that one Star trek episode where Two dudes from a warring planet, both with black& white faces split equally, only of a mirrored opposite placement),,,just "when" in the actual super heated flames of hells fire itself, did our
FOOTBALL DaD ever give Two flips of simultaneously timed fashion,,, in the impervious/ E-Z deflection A SELF MADE MULTI BILLIONAIRE , JUST NATURALLY EXUDES ? from that supposedly directed sufferment of the meaningless & inconsequential bashing from the opinioned hords of legion FANDOM?,,, survey sez',,,DING-DING- DING,,, NEVER,,,( #1 answer BTW)

:lmao:o_O:lmao:

*I always enjoyed " kicking it around with you" ya know,dude:thumbup:

:starspin::star::starspin:

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
tenor.gif

LLLOOLLL, this board is off the change. You know certain threads will blow the roof off.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
What? Jason Garrett, the best judge of talent we've ever had? I could've sworn it was Will McClay! Regardless, I do believe that's who it is! ;)

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think the fact that Brian Broaddus had put so much stock in the talent evaluations of Garrett had much to do with Broaddus' downfall as a talent scout. Bill Parcells simply had little respect for the validity of that assumption. Subsequently, it's quite difficult to argue with the notion that Will McClay's contributions in the area of talent acquisition have been a step in the right direction.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Whoever asked this question, explain the Escobar pick and then re ask.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I don’t know exactly where the line is. It’s acontract year, and he’s singing for his supper. If Payton shakes loose, I think he’d likely unseat Garrett. But I also think the organization thinks they’ll probably extend him. He’s got a good roster and they should be a playoff team if there aren’t significant injuries. I can’t see them expecting him to get to a championship game or they replace him with the best available. Maybe, but that’s not how they usually work. If he doesn’t make the playoffs he’s in trouble, though. Probably if he’s one-and-done, too.

How you doing Idgit.

I agree with you that Garrett needs to win at least one, maybe two playoff games to earn an extension. I think this is a fair ask by the organization, after all, they sure make the players perform in their contract years so why should the head coach be any different.

The other thing I noticed is that Stephen became very defensive when fans and the media accused the Cowboys of just being happy to advance past the Wildcard round. Stephen went out of his way to deny that and even said Jerry would trade his HOF jacket for another SB. This is what led to the now infamous "get the team over the hump speech" by Stephen when asked why Garrett didnt have an extension yet.

So yeah, with that as the backdrop, it would be in Garrett's best interest to advance in the playoffs this year. Otherwise, he is gone.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
so much hate on here for the guy that has produced 3 division titles and 2 playoff wins in last 5 years.

you guys crack me up with the jg is terrible, should be coaching at a lower level...blah blah blah...doesnt it get old?

you can't have team success consistently and havr the coach be terrible...and despite the narrative you try to spin, this team has seen more success in the last 5 years than any other 5 year period going back to the 90s.

jg is a big part of that....now I'm not saying he's a great coach but to call him anything as negative as some of you are is just emotional venting bc you are pissed off the cowboys h avent advanced to the nfc championship game in decades...

just admit it and stop using the jg is a terrible coach line bc he's not and your emotional degrading of a better than average coach to make your fandom feel better gets really old

We are the freaking Cowboys, we dont hang banners for winning division titles...…………..the Brown's board is what you are looking for.

And its 2 playoff wins over the last decade...………you seem to have conveniently forgot all the non-playoff years when Garrett was hired.

Dont worry, we haven't.;)

cowboyfan4lyfe

Reaction score
So Will McKlay gets no credit for selecting the talent on this team? 2017 drafted an entire secondary