Is Garrett the best evaluator of talent we have ever had?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm not buying it. Jerry said tony would get his job back following 2016 back injury. But dak remained the starter. Jerry said dez would be a cowboy in 2018. Stephen showed him the door. The two single most important personnel decisions both went opposite to Jerry's proclamations. Glean from that what you will.
It’s like Parcells said “ you have to convince Jerry to go against his instincts “.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Romo audibled more than any QB in the league.

What's your point? Have you ever played? Young QBs often audible when they shouldn't. They audible into the wrong play, wrong formation. Learning when to, when not to and plain old how to is part of being an experienced QB. Is that where you are going with this?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I honestly believe that 2007 team would have gone to the Super Bowl if Parcells had stayed one more season. I'm not sure he would have beaten Belichick's perfect Patriot team like the Giants did. I think it would have been very interesting to see a showdown between Parcells and Belichick. Too bad we missed out on that.

Course you never really know but yeah, I think that team had an excellent chance to win one as well Jumbo. Perhaps that's just me remembering what I want but I agree. We lost that playoff game, in no small part, because of our inability to properly game manage. We were a much better team then the Giants that year, IMO, but they beat us fair and square and went on to win it all. That's the reality of it.

Reactions: CWR

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What's your point? Have you ever played? Young QBs often audible when they shouldn't. They audible into the wrong play, wrong formation. Learning when to, when not to and plain old how to is part of being an experienced QB. Is that where you are going with this?
Without going back thru all of this I believe I was responding to someone questioning all of the play calling.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Course you never really know but yeah, I think that team had an excellent chance to win one as well Jumbo. Perhaps that's just me remembering what I want but I agree. We lost that playoff game, in no small part, because of our inability to properly game manage. We were a much better team then the Giants that year, IMO, but they beat us fair and square and went on to win it all. That's the reality of it.
In single elimination games the best team doesn’t always win but I’d agree overall with Jumbos assessment.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Especially if they are and they don't support your position right?
Just because we believe our opinions to be true it doesn’t make them factual. We can spin facts to support our opinion but it still doesn’t make our opinions factual. Not sure everyone understands the difference?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Without going back thru all of this I believe I was responding to someone questioning all of the play calling.

Looks as if you are responding to me. Am I the one you are referring to? BTW, the play calling was a big part of the problem. Did you go back and look at the play calling?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Just because we believe our opinions to be true it doesn’t make them factual. We can spin facts to support our opinion but it still doesn’t make our opinions factual. Not sure everyone understands the difference?

What is it you believe my opinion is?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's probably why COACH GARRETT seized upon the first opportunity that came along, to keep him sidelined
I’m not necessarily saying his audiblung was a negative . The bigger point was we can’t know which plays were poor calls by Garrett or poor audibles by Romo.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
We’ve had several discussions , I’m not sure which opinon you’re referring to?

I see. So you are posting an opinion on someone else's "opinion", essentially telling me that it's wrong and you don't even know what the opinion is. That about it?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Looks as if you are responding to me. Am I the one you are referring to? BTW, the play calling was a big part of the problem. Did you go back and look at the play calling?
I’m not sure if I was referring to you just making a general assessment to your post. Often when I see a post it spurs other thoughts which may or may not be directly relative to your thoughts.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I’m not sure if I was referring to you just making a general assessment to your post. Often when I see a post it spurs other thoughts which may or may not be directly relative to your thoughts.

But the point I make is still salient. How can you try and claim that someones opinion is wrong when you are not even sure what the opinion might be?

I ask you again, did you go and look at the play calling during the season that Phillips got fired?

CWR

Reaction score

Ah yes, I still remember punching my work bench and breaking my watch during that loss, good times.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I’m not necessarily saying his audiblung was a negative . The bigger point was we can’t know which plays were poor calls by Garrett or poor audibles by Romo.
I can COPY on that proffered view,my esteemed & highly valued Friend, yet, in the world of pecking orders,,, the HEAD COACH position& wishes, would/should seemingly trump the starting Q.B. position, cuz' ya know that whole petty human nature aspect will eventually come into play.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
But the point I make is still salient. How can you try and claim that someones opinion is wrong when you are not even sure what the opinion might be?

I ask you again, did you go and look at the play calling during the season that Phillips got fired?
+1 point is hereby generously awarded fer helping facilitate the underutilized real cool word of SALIENT ,by incorporating it's useful usage into common communications, Not pertaining to the overview of stalemated battle lines of previously conducted past wars:starspin:

:yourock::oldcouple::yourock:

:thumbup::bow::thumbup:

o_O:lmao:o_O

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I can COPY on that proffered view,my esteemed & highly valued Friend, yet, in the world of pecking orders,,, the HEAD COACH position& wishes, would/should seemingly trump the starting Q.B. position, cuz' ya know that whole petty human nature aspect will eventually come into play.
You’d think so in most normal situations but with Romo especially since Jerry had him get more involved if you recall , I’m not sure Romo wouldn’t have the green light to over rule?