Is he gone yet? Green's fate today is telling of the coaching staff

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Their is IQ in Farmers Branch :omg::omg::omg::eek::eek::eek: now that is news :yourock:

Yep, Morris Claiborne moved in and he actually raised the overall IQ level.

They had a parade where everyone had signs with the number 4. People first thought they just really loved Dak but then discovered they were celebrating the highest intellectual achievement by any resident which was Claiborne's 4 on the Wonderlic.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
We have some really bad fans who don’t live in the real world. They live in their own bubble.

We cannot cut everyone.
Oddly enough, there were discussions of cutting you. Alas, only you were on no one's roster.:(

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yep, Morris Claiborne moved in and he actually raised the overall IQ level.

They had a parade where everyone had signs with the number 4. People first thought they just really loved Dak but then discovered they were celebrating the highest intellectual achievement by any resident which was Claiborne's 4 on the Wonderlic.
This just in: Mo will be awarded an honorary degree in trailer hitch science from FB Junior College and Barbershop Tech. His degree was delayed twice because of faulty spelling on it, but then the trustees said, "what the hay, he'll never notice."

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Correct. Green needed support and a double team on Clayborn. I am not supporting Green far from it. But it was not all on Green. In fact, the entire OL was average at best.

It's amazing how fast we are to attack and want to lynch players. Green was being praised, deservedly, for his play stepping in for both Tyron and Free last year. He had an awful game against Atlanta, so I guess we're supposed to just ignore his play in those other games.

It seems to me that Green is an easy target for criticism because he can't stay healthy. Fans label him as soft and are just itching to pounce any time he plays poorly.

Pants

Reaction score
Green shouldn't be canned, certainly not his fault that he isn't ready and that he has ZERO help (some sarcasm in there)...the lack of coaching in incomprehensible...how can this team expect to play well when they have issues with this staff? when everything is good and everyone is healthy, OF COURSE the coaching looks good...but, it is times like now with 4 pro-bowlers missing (everyone keeps forgetting Bailey, and I submit "CLANGGGGGGG""""") that the coaching staff has to step up their game, not just the back ups....there is ZERO accountability for this coaching staff....ZERO....until JJ stops looking thru his whiskey glass, he isn't going to see clearly that he is at faulty for letting this continue....

This coaching staff (the top 3) MUST go or this team will never be more than a middling team unless their circumstances are perfect

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Every time I see the title of this thread it makes me chuckle.. :laugh:

Good one...:thumbup:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
They won't cut him.
They won't, but what a message it would send to the team.
Too bad it would only cause confusion, at this point, instead of fear...

You can't be a good guy and transition to a bad guy, in management.
Rule #1.

It's always better to be the opposite. then people appreciate the good side so much more, while still remaining appropriate fear.

What was it Machiavelli said about that?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Look, I get he sucked yesterday. But they aren't going to cut him. He's cheap. They also have no other options at this point. He's shown in the past he can play a little. Yesterday he sucked.

There is no need to get reactionary here. He stunk yesterday and that's on him but he was left out to die on his own by an inept coaching staff too.

Yes. To cut him they would have to have someone better to replace him with.

stiletto

Reaction score
Put be down as thinking that by cutting Green the coaching staff is basically making him a scape goat for their own idiocy. They are the ones that let him sit out there wearing Harry Potter's invisibility cloak....

tumblr_nsbssbHBFE1rjatglo2_r2_250.gif

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yes. To cut him they would have to have someone better to replace him with.
Based upon his performance last Sunday? You could have replaced him with a local, brace-toothed Walmart bagger and have gotten the same results.
It's not really that. It's more than that. My big problem with Garrett is he tries to be (successfully) a player's coach who trusts his players to make the plays they call and this team needs more than that.
They need a guy who can go to his coordinators and tell them to adjust their gameplans.
They need a guy who gets in Orlando's face, when he comes sauntering up, yelling, and challenges him for his piss-poor play, instead of listening to the yelling.

They need a Parcells-lite.